• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Just to be clear, I am not defending FOX News, I am taking exception to the off topic comments that suggest that Fox is to blame for what Conservatives think.

This is typical Liberal drivel being used to deflect what Democrats say.

So I ask, is Obama a liar or is he misinformed with his recent statements?

I tend to believe no one really is in charge or responsible for the ACA cluster.

I truly believe Obama is not a liar, just inept at running anything.

I never have attacked his character, I don't believe anyone understands our new law completely.

I think he really believed we could keep our doctors and plans when he said it.

Reverend Rick said:
To think, he really believed he was 100% correct about that, when in fact he was only 97% correct.

Do you think that when Obama qualified his statement waaaay back in 2009, saying that the law cannot prevent your insurer from changing your health plan--as insurers so often do--that he really believed that, too?

I'm not saying Obama's statement wasn't at all bone-headed, but again, something Father Heathen said about proportions.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Surely you are not saying that if there was no Fox News, there would be no Conservatives are you?

Conservatives, like liberals, will always be with us. However, perhaps without the Fox, Limbaugh, Drudge, Breitbart, etc axis, there would be many better informed conservatives.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Just to be clear, I am not defending FOX News, I am taking exception to the off topic comments that suggest that Fox is to blame for what Conservatives think
Fox is to blame as well as right wing media. They distort and misinform the viewers intentionally so you vote republican and in favor of Koch Industries and the top 1%. Conservatives wouldn't know what to think if it weren't for these outlets. They are brainwashed into thinking that the 'drive by media' or the 'lame-stream media' or the 'media in Obama's pocket' is actually lacking truth and facts. When it's the opposite. I'd say you're more enlightened than the typical conservative because you get to hear opposing viewpoints.

This is typical Liberal drivel being used to deflect what Democrats say.
You all say the same thing. Deflect, deflect deflect....pfft.
So I ask, is Obama a liar or is he misinformed with his recent statements?
I don't think he's intentionally lying, he just doesn't know 100% of everything going on in the government. Same with any president. What happened to the phony benghazi scandal lately? Seems that the right has dropped it.
I tend to believe no one really is in charge or responsible for the ACA cluster.
who cares? How does this affect you?

I truly believe Obama is not a liar, just inept at running anything.
Right wing talking points.

I never have attacked his character, I don't believe anyone understands our new law completely.
You just attacked his character in the quote above this.

And most people will. Unfortunately, he can't control private insurance companies and their decisions 100%

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Conservatives, like liberals, will always be with us. However, perhaps without the Fox, Limbaugh, Drudge, Breitbart, etc axis, there would be many better informed conservatives.
Yes, Drudge, being a news aggregator, links articles from many unreliable sources, eg, Huff Po, NYT, Slate, Salon, WSJ, Atlantic Monthly, Wash Po.
At least he avoids Alternet & The Onion. It must stick in the craw of lefties that there are sources which don't advance a their agenda.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Again, proportions.
Proportions are subjective & . People who dislike Palin but like Biden will fume at the former while tolerating the latter.
Bashir (a vile ignorant ferriner) is sure full of hate for her, but people on the opposite side of the aisle are just as full
of hate for the offensive antics of their foes too (Biden, Pelosi, Spitzer, Baldwin, Grayson, Obama, Ellison, etc, etc).
They could justify talk of *&%^ing & #@%<ing in the mouths of Democrats by citing "proportion" also.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
People who dislike Palin but like Biden will fume at the former while tolerating the latter.
I can't believe you support Palin. The difference between the grifter and Biden is that Biden is actually qualified to hold office. If you got only 1 person who makes 'gaffes' on the D side and tons on the R side, that should tell you enough. People vote them in.:rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't believe you support Palin.
I didn't, & never would vote for her or McCain.
Here's your mistake: When I criticize Bashir & the left's tolerance for his abuse, this is about them, not Palin.
It's as wrong as Limbaugh's calling that student a prostitute a while back. What's wrong is wrong.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yes, Drudge, being a news aggregator, links articles from many unreliable sources, eg, Huff Po, NYT, Slate, Salon, WSJ, Atlantic Monthly, Wash Po.

And he does so often enough with misleading and biased headlines. Your point?

It must stick in the craw of lefties that there are sources which don't advance a their agenda.
Projecting again?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And he does so often enough with misleading and biased headlines. Your point?
My point is that likely my news (from Drudge) is also your news...& that of other lefties.

Btw, his catchy headlines are sort of his trademark...like World Weekly News front page pix of politicians with aliens.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/21/k...st-headline-writer-in-the-history-of-mankind/
Krauthammer: Matt Drudge is a 'genius'
Calls Internet-news pioneer 'greatest headline writer in the history of mankind'
Projecting again?
I'm just noticing that you (& many of your ilk) believe that the problem with conservatives is consuming news biased in their favor.
Methinks this view misses the fact that bias is everywhere, including leftish sources (which also create unknowledge), especially in
the oft cited Alternet.
The trick is to be a skeptical news fan, but many people from all areas of the political spectrum fall prey to the comfort of
eschewing sources of contrary agenda. If I don't regularly feel the need to throw my shoe at the TV or computer, then I
go looking for some uncomfortable news.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now, for everyone's viewing enjoyment....
Clinton_alien.jpg

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You just attacked his character in the quote above this.
No, this is untrue, being inept is not a character flaw. Obama is a good father and husband, stands for what he believes and is being true to his ideals.

His lack of leadership is due to inexperience not his integrity.

A good leader does not have to have these skills, he just has to hire the right people not just people you agree with.

You could hire a conservative website builder and get a great liberal site.

You have to hire qualified people who get results not just a bunch of likeminded yes men and women.

While Obama has integrity, he lacks the skills to employ qualified people to achieve his goals.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
How narrow minded, Fox just feeds the right red meat, they don't tell them what to think.

The right has always thought this way and Fox News is just the cheerleader.

Surely you are not saying that if there was no Fox News, there would be no Conservatives are you?

Fox does not tell people what to think, they champion what they already believe.

I never made the claim that somehow Faux tells "them what to think", nor did I say or imply that there would be no conservatives without Faux.

BTW, I tend to think that most who call themselves "conservatives" really aren't, and this is based on their behavior whereas they oppose "big government" when they're out of power but then they try to pass omnibus types of legislation and often intrusive legislation when in power.

Barry Goldwater jumped on these self-proclaimed "conservatives" for much the same reason along with that he felt they just used being "conservative" as a motivation to not pay as much in taxes. Real conservatism has little to do with paying lower taxes, but much to do with whom we pay taxes to, and Milton Friedman also lamented on the hypocrisy of so many pseudo-conservatives.

Krauthammer: Matt Drudge is a 'genius'
Calls Internet-news pioneer 'greatest headline writer in the history of mankind'
Krauthammer says the damnedest things. I notice in him a tendency to bluff, that is, to make bolder and more grandiose claims than his knowledge of the world actually warrants. This was exemplified by his article in which he asserted "the world as we know it is on the brink of disintegration" because of an unverified report that physicists had measured neutrinos traveling faster than light (which later turned out to be an artifact). If he had cared to actually read and re-express what scientists were saying at that time, he would not have been so bold, but again bluffing is his tendency. It's funny that he further asserted this amazing discovery can be found on "only the back pages of your newspaper", as if Krauthammer alone, not the liberal media, could be trusted to relay important discoveries to mankind.

Now Krauthammer says we could be facing "the collapse of American liberalism" essentially because a website isn't working. Go figure.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Krauthammer says the damnedest things. I notice in him a tendency to bluff, that is, to make bolder and more grandiose claims than his knowledge of the world actually warrants. This was exemplified by his article in which he asserted "the world as we know it is on the brink of disintegration" because of an unverified report that physicists had measured neutrinos traveling faster than light (which later turned out to be an artifact). If he had cared to actually read and re-express what scientists were saying at that time, he would not have been so bold, but again bluffing is his tendency. It's funny that he further asserted this amazing discovery can only be found on "only the back pages of your newspaper", as if Krauthammer alone, not the liberal media, could be trusted to relay important discoveries to mankind.
Now Krauthammer says we could be facing "the collapse of American liberalism" essentially because a website isn't working. Go figure.
I don't even read anything by Krauthammer...I'm just barely aware of his existence.
But in this case, he correctly judged Drudge to be a gifted news monger.
I particularly love how the left loathes him, even as he links articles from leftish sources.
It is a delicious inoculation against charges of bias (not that he is entirely without it).

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Methinks this view misses the fact that bias is everywhere, including leftish sources (which also create unknowledge), especially in
the oft cited Alternet.

Alternet certainly shows bias from time to time, but nothing compared to right-wing rabble inflaming garbage like FOX. I defy you to cite even one scientific study that suggests sources like Alternet dumb down their audience. Last I knew, there were five to seven such studies suggesting that FOX viewers are more poorly informed about events than viewers of other channels, including MSNBC.

By the way, your worries that liberals are blind to the biases of various liberal-leaning outlets seems to me like a failed attempt to shift attention away from the generally much greater bias of outlets like FOX. Nice try, though. If I had nothing of substance with which to defend the FOX, Limbaugh, Breitbart, etc. Axis, even I might stoop to childishly shifting blame.