• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Steubenville's Former NAACP President Says Rape Victim Was Drunk And Willing [EXCLUSIVE]
...the former president of the Steubenville chapter of the NAACP places the blame for the rape case that has shocked the
nation on the 16-year-old victim. Royal Mayo, a lifelong resident of the Ohio city that gained national infamy following the
rape of the girl by two Steubenville High School football players, says that attention should be focused on the role of the young
woman, whom he calls the "alleged victim," saying she was drunk and wanted to go out with one of the football players.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon' | The Weekly Standard
From Obama.....
Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Budget restraints are so last century, free frivolous spending is the latest thing now....... wait I forgot, its called "***deep in debt".
No matter how much you raise taxes, it will not compensate for lack of government effort or support. Because very little of the taxes we send are spent properly by politicians. Raising the debt ceiling and increase taxes are useless until we begin giving the boot to the corrupt enablers running America.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You'd have something if he didn't say semiautomatic weapon before it. I'd like to listen to the speech instead of read it to get the context. Either way, search for a vid.
Is a White house press release good enough?

Remarks by the President at a DCCC Event -- San Francisco, CA | The White House

Narcissist-in-Chief said:
Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.
He then goes on about some drivel about making Undocumented Democrats by fixing the broken immigration system. (I wonder what he means by "fix" here.)

I could be showing my ignorance but aren't fully automatic weapons already illegal in the USA?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You'd have something if he didn't say semiautomatic weapon before it. I'd like to listen to the speech instead of read it to get the context. Either way, search for a vid.
You hint at it being out of context, & that a video would show this, but you
don't back it up. If you're right, feel free to present your evidence.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
He can't, RevoltingOne. The comment conflates fully automatic weapons with semi-automatic weapons on the very backs of the children of Newtown. Talk about demagoguery at its finest.

tytlyf

Not Religious
So you're saying he corrected himself after saying semiautomatic weapon? This is just another big deal about nothing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you're saying he corrected himself after saying semiautomatic weapon? This is just another big deal about nothing.
What happened to the evidence that his quote was out of context?

To you it's nothing. (Can Obama even have a flaw?)
But I see 2 options:
1) He doesn't know the difference between semi-auto & full-auto.
2) He knows the difference, but wants to scare the sheep with false & inflammatory rhetoric.
Either way, it does a dis-service to civil & rational political discourse, which is significant to me.

Here is a video of the reaction he hopes to elicit from his audience.....
[youtube]SIaFtAKnqBU[/youtube]
The Screaming Sheep (Original Upload) - YouTube

tytlyf

Not Religious
What happened to the evidence that his quote was out of context?

To you it's nothing. (Can Obama even have a flaw?)
But I see 2 options:
1) He doesn't know the difference between semi-auto & full-auto.
2) He knows the difference, but wants to scare the sheep with false & inflammatory rhetoric.
Either way, it does a dis-service to civil & rational political discourse, which is significant to me.

Here is a video of the reaction he hopes to elicit from his audience.....
[youtube]SIaFtAKnqBU[/youtube]
The Screaming Sheep (Original Upload) - YouTube
I read the transcript from the speech. It would be one thing if he ONLY said fully automatic weapon. But he didn't. What if he did?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Biden strikes again!

Biden: 'The Black Helicopter Crowd is Really Upset'

Vice President Joe Biden blasted the NRA for engaging in a "disinformation" campaign meant to "scare people" from supporting background checks.
“Kinda scary man, the black helicopter crowd is really upset,” Biden said about the NRA's concern with the possible creation of a federal government gun registry.
Biden was speaking at the White House with Attorney General Eric Holder on reducing gun violence and was joined by law enforcement officials from across the country.
Biden: 'The Black Helicopter Crowd is Really Upset' | Joe Biden | Fox Nation

The President is required to present a budget every year and Congress must approve it before we spend the money. :facepalm:

Right now, Obama does not even think he needs to get their approval to raise the debt ceiling. My guess is we will see a trillion dollar coin minted.

Hells bells, why even bother taxing anyone? Lets give every American a new car and a new home while we are at it.

Before that sounds crazy to you, just think what the economy would do if we had to build these houses and cars and had another tax holiday.

Do you ever look back and consider wow... looks like I was wrong.

I am guessing no which is probably why you do not question your center you post from.

Obama is just another president comrade. Like Farmer Jones and his men.

(Here is you raving:) Lets give everyone Obama Phones and Unemployment checks and expand welfare and social security until no one has to work anymore. Some of us work for a living!

I actually think you believe you think that is your original position. (IMHO, You don't see the forest for the trees.)