• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death metal...

Erebus

I don't listen to a great deal of black/death metal except for the occasional bit of Satyricon and Cradle of Filth (but then again I'm not even sure Cradle "count" anymore).

Trey of Diamonds

Not being *****y or anything but I like my music religiously and politically correct so would someone explain to me how it is Alice Cooper is thought of as Death Metal?

You are correct, but the context was in makeup. Father Heathen was talking about the makeup that Abbath wears and comparing it to KISS, another band that is far from the Death Metal genre and I was pointing out that I like Alice Cooper's makeup choice much better. The proper term for Cooper's music is Shock Rock which does hold a place in the history of Death Metal but you're correct, its still far from it.

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
I don't listen to a great deal of black/death metal except for the occasional bit of Satyricon and Cradle of Filth (but then again I'm not even sure Cradle "count" anymore).

amore y morte by cradle of filth was the song that got me into extreme metal when I was a freshman in high school. so I give them credit. they are the gateway band into black metal.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Kimberlee said:
black metal is more satanic, anti christian and most of the bands are from Europe. read about the church burnings that happened over there. members of black metal bands did some of those. most of them like to wear the corpse paint too like in the pic of abbath zephyr posted.

Why are their Satanists so much more unruly than ours in the U.S.?

averageJOE

zombie
I've been a huge fan of "death" metal for many years now. Not just death, but grind, speed, black, thrash, and especially industrial.

My all time favorite band is Godflesh!
Others favorites are Scorn, OLD, Candiru, Benidiction, Old Man's Child, Slayer (hell yeah!), Sepultura, Morbid Angel, Cannible Corpse, Exhumed, Hate Eternal, Ice (even though it was just a "project" band)

Mr Cheese

I've been a huge fan of "death" metal for many years now. Not just death, but grind, speed, black, thrash, and especially industrial.

My all time favorite band is Godflesh!
Others favorites are Scorn, OLD, Candiru, Benidiction, Old Man's Child, Slayer (hell yeah!), Sepultura, Morbid Angel, Cannible Corpse, Exhumed, Hate Eternal, Ice (even though it was just a "project" band)

cant beat Godflesh...

what do you think of Jesu?

I need to hear their newest release, a 2 track?? 54 minute album....of heaviness

averageJOE

zombie
cant beat Godflesh...

what do you think of Jesu?

I need to hear their newest release, a 2 track?? 54 minute album....of heaviness
Ahhh yes! It's always good to come across a Godflesh fan! (Not that it happens often). I love their simplicity. And Bass guitar! Christian Green carries every song in my opinion!

I definatly know who Jesu is but I can't remember if I've heard their music or not. I'll hunt some of their stuff down and give them a listen!

Mr Cheese

I like drone and doom

bands like Sunn O)))
goatsnake
burnign witch
earth
ISis
sunn-o.jpg

19929_216.jpg

and of course they arent really metal....but they influenced metal (their earlier stuff)
SWANS:

145503723_02321a7dba.jpg

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
not sure... I know that black metal is a lot bigger over there though. the US is more about death metal.

The US is more about crap music. Hip hop, R&B and Rap, thankyou America for the biggest load of **** ever thought up. I love it how people can consider them music half the time when its all synthetically produced. Blahhhhhh..........

I saw Old Mans Child in there, good band. They're a project of Galder the guitarist from DImmu Borgir where he plays guitar and handles vocals.

European metal > American Metal

Sorry to say it but when it comes to extreme metal America is 5 years behind and awful at originality. A European band will make it big and 6 months later there will be 6 more sounding very very similar all from the USA.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
amore y morte by cradle of filth was the song that got me into extreme metal when I was a freshman in high school. so I give them credit. they are the gateway band into black metal.
Not too mention Dany Filth is one hell of a vocalist.

I like industrial too. I really wanna see ministry live. I hear they put on a really good show.
Alas, Ministry is no more. They broke up about two years ago, if even that long ago.

We still have some metal bands that kick ***. Granted we don't have that much, but we have Lamb of God.

Just_me_Mike

Rrrr... industrial...

Appears I find myself checking this thread quite a lot with my preference for hardcore.. :p
Ever heard of any of these hardcore bands?
Four Walls Falling
or
Gorilla Biscuits

I grew up lstening to them from the DC area. My older brother is still invloved in the hardacer scene, his wife writes for many of the bands in magazine articles.

I guess you being in the UK may not have heard of these 1980 hardcore bands.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Not too mention Dany Filth is one hell of a vocalist.

Alas, Ministry is no more. They broke up about two years ago, if even that long ago.

We still have some metal bands that kick ***. Granted we don't have that much, but we have Lamb of God.

Ewwww.... LoG.... not a fan personally. Way too American. They're the mainstream Americanized Bolt Thrower lol

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
The US is more about crap music. Hip hop, R&B and Rap, thankyou America for the biggest load of **** ever thought up. I love it how people can consider them music half the time when its all synthetically produced. Blahhhhhh..........

I saw Old Mans Child in there, good band. They're a project of Galder the guitarist from DImmu Borgir where he plays guitar and handles vocals.

Sorry to say it but when it comes to extreme metal America is 5 years behind and awful at originality. A European band will make it big and 6 months later there will be 6 more sounding very very similar all from the USA.

ok well here are some amazing american metal bands

DEATH!
MORBID ANGEL!
CANNIBAL CORPSE!
SUFFOCATION!
SLAYER!
NILE!
DEICIDE!
OBITUARY!
HATE ETERNAL!
ORIGIN!
and trust me the list goes on. originality? yes! seeing as how some of these bands are the founders of death metal. hate to burst your anti- american bubble.

Mr Cheese

Would you happen to like Martial Industrial?
Not metal related, but very industrial related.

Though the Black Metal fandom also often tends to like Neofolk music.

oh yes!

sol invictus
Coil
Current 93
etc etc etc

5355174_Current93LuciferOverLond292782.jpg

CoilPromoOssianBrownThighpaulsandraPeterChristophersonJohnBalance.jpg

There's too much blood in my alcohol (Can't get enough to numb me)
There's too much blood in my heart
In my heart (It's preventing coagulation)
I'm faithful that this stagnation's feeding my heartworms
Feeding the heartworms
The demons generally enter in through my ears
It all feels off of me
Ghosts vomit over me
Ghosts vomit over me
Ghosts vomit over me, over the old me
This knife's gonna make some young woman a fine husband

but uh.....

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
ok well here are some amazing american metal bands

DEATH!
MORBID ANGEL!
CANNIBAL CORPSE!
SUFFOCATION!
SLAYER!
NILE!
DEICIDE!
OBITUARY!
HATE ETERNAL!
ORIGIN!
and trust me the list goes on. originality? yes! seeing as how some of these bands are the founders of death metal. hate to burst your anti- american bubble.

I'm talking about the past few years. Type nuclear blast USA into youtube and listen to 20 different bands that all sound the same. Most of it stems from my hatred of the hardcore scene which came a lot from America and to a much lesser extent, Germany. Just personal taste, but nothing American that i didn't already grow up with (Slayer, Nile, Cryptopsy, Cannibal Corpse etc) has stood out.

More into slower gothic metal these days, after a while death/black all sounds the same no matter how much you broaden your taste.