• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death metal...

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Ever heard of any of these hardcore bands?
Four Walls Falling
or
Gorilla Biscuits

I grew up lstening to them from the DC area. My older brother is still invloved in the hardacer scene, his wife writes for many of the bands in magazine articles.

I guess you being in the UK may not have heard of these 1980 hardcore bands.

Yeah, ehr..
First of all, I am not from the UK, but the Netherlands.
Also, I didn't meant hat kind of hardcore :cool:
My hardcore resembles it a bit, like the double bass.. Only then it's not a double bass... get it? :D

Just_me_Mike

Yeah, ehr..
First of all, I am not from the UK, but the Netherlands.
Also, I didn't meant hat kind of hardcore :cool:
My hardcore resembles it a bit, like the double bass.. Only then it's not a double bass... get it? :D
Very sorry about placing you in the wrong place. Forgive me, I am not sure why I thought that??????????????

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
If one of these dates are near you.... definitely go check this out. it'll be worth your time trust me

2010 Nile, Immolation, Krisiun, Abigail Williams and Dreaming Dead Tour Dates:
Jan. 15 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Jan. 16 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium (MA)
Jan. 17 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
Jan. 18 - New York, NY - The Blender Theatre
Jan. 20 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Jan. 21 - Chicago, IL - Metro/Smart Bar
Jan. 22 - Milwaukee, WI - Rave
Jan. 23 - St. Paul, MN - Station 4
Jan. 24 - Kansas City, MO - The Beaumont Club
Jan. 25 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
Jan. 27 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Jan. 28 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
Jan. 29 - Orangevale, CA - The Boardwalk
Jan. 30 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
Jan. 31 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues
Feb. 02 - Los Angeles, CA - Key Club
Feb. 03 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
Feb. 04 - Mesa, AZ - U.B.'s Bar
Feb. 05 - Tucson, AZ - The Rock
Feb. 06 - Farmington, NM - Gator's
Feb. 08 - Corpus Christi, TX - House of Rock
Feb. 09 - San Antonio, TX - Scout Bar
Feb. 10 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Feb. 11 - Dallas, TX - Trees
Feb. 12 - Tulsa, OK - Marquee
Feb. 13 - Louisville, KY - Headliner's Music Hall
Feb. 14 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Feb. 16 - Virginia Beach, VA - Peppermint Beach
Feb. 17 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Feb. 18 - Charlotte, NC - Amos Southend
Feb. 19 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
Feb. 20 - Charleston, SC - Music Farm

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
The only "death metal" I listen to is Napalm Death. More grindcore but it includes Death metal as base.

I'm More into Nu-metal, Goth, Groove metal.
Bands like Devildriver, Dry Cell, Theatres Des Vampires, Vampiria, Disturbed, Static-X, Nightwish, ect.

Zephyr

Moved on
Postin' to celebrate the fact that I can now play all of I Am the Black Wizards by Emperor on both guitar and bass.

Subhood

aintnopartylikeanopenbar
Ever heard of any of these hardcore bands?
Four Walls Falling
or
Gorilla Biscuits

I grew up lstening to them from the DC area. My older brother is still invloved in the hardacer scene, his wife writes for many of the bands in magazine articles.

I guess you being in the UK may not have heard of these 1980 hardcore bands.

YE GORILLA BISCUITS!!

Next time I'll try, for the first time in my life.
It won't pass me by. Procrastinate it can wait, I put it off.
LET'S START TODAY

Zephyr

Moved on
dpbynm.jpg

Never enough Immortal ITT

Zephyr

Moved on
so what about death metal drummers? who do you think are some of the best? well I think george kollias would have to be one of my favorites. post some links to videos of them drumming like this one from george kollias the drummer for nile. he's from greece

YouTube - George Kollias-Intense Metal Drumming DVD (part 1)

George Kollias official drum site

I've never paid too much attention to drumming really (since I really suck at it), but I was listening to some Death this morning, and Gene Hoglan can really wreck some **** when he's not going overboard with the fills.

Comedy option:
a40fbb.jpg

Zephyr

Moved on
Also Sunn O))) owns. Kind of reminds me of Burzum's Filosofem album with the droning distortion, which is good, since Filosofem is my favorite black metal album out there.

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
well... I used to be a big Dimmu Borgir fan and so I'm kinda sad about vortex and mustis leavin the band. a lot of legal issues. I hope vortex and mustis go on to start something awesome. oh and nick barker... another great drummer (dimmu borgir, old mans child, brujeria, cradle of filth ect.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
well... I used to be a big Dimmu Borgir fan and so I'm kinda sad about vortex and mustis leavin the band. a lot of legal issues. I hope vortex and mustis go on to start something awesome. oh and nick barker... another great drummer (dimmu borgir, old mans child, brujeria, cradle of filth ect.)
WHAT!!! MUSTIS LEFT?!??!!? Dimmu is just not going to be the same. Mustis is the reason I loved that band.

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
so as some of you know i'm goin thru this whole thing with my music and how the lyrics are about gore and satan so on and so forth ya know. anyways i loved it for so long and promoted it for years so i couldn't just give the music up completely because i'm trying to be a better christian so i found some of the same style with a better message. i know you're thinking how lame but just listen to a few and see what you think. a few good ones i've come across are...

INEVITABLE END - Debut album out now! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

http://www.myspace.com/shadowsofparagon

BROKEN_FLESH on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Miseration (NEW ALBUM - OUT NOW!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

FEAST ETERNAL (OFFICIAL) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Jeffery

I'm a huge Death & Black Metal fan.

Favorite Death Metal Bands:
Cannibal Corpse
Death
Morbid Angel
Cryptopsy
Behemoth (Blackened Death Metal)
Decapitated
Belphegor (Blackened Death Metal)

Favorite Black Metal Bands:
Darkthrone