• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Riders

Well, I weighed. 315 again. At least I didn't gain anymore. I hope to drop a pound tomorrow.

Riders

Ok, I am weighing tomorrow. If I gain I may have to go back to eating whole wheat for carbs. I have lost 15 pounds in the past 6 weeks drinking cokes mostly not more than 2 a day. So I don't know why things would change now. But I guess even though my calories are low with all the carbs I have y body is starting to react to carbs. Hopefully, I can go on drinking 1 coke a day.

But if worse comes to worst I have a whole other food plan I can do which I've lost weight with before. 3 proteins a day,3 kinds of milk, 2 fruits, veggies, and 2 to 5 whole kinds of wheat a day.

Riders

Ok, I weighed today. I lost 2 pounds. I a down to 313 hooray! Looks like getting my cokes down 1 a day and 1 protein shake a day down to 1 a day worked ! So I a sticking to my current diet. I a using Subway low-fat sandwiches on whole wheat. So I am eating some whole wheats.

Riders

I went up 1 pound yesterday but kept 1 pound off. I am going to weigh every other day this week so tomorrow is coming. I am going to switch off to mostly whole wheat this week. We will see how my weight does.

My cousin Star died 10 years ago. Her long-time partner Gayle said hi to me through my sister who went to see about a piano she was selling. She asked about what I was doing and my apartment. I am glad, it made me feel better.

Riders

So I ate chocolate 2 chocolate pop tarts today it's binge food so I am starting over tomorrow with my abstinence. It was not a binge but I wouldn't be surprised if I gained weight. I am not going to worry about it, I am just getting back on my food plan.
My dr. wanted me to be put on similar to Weight Watchers where you can eat whole wheats, no white flour products. I have enough Subway sandwiches on whole wheat for the week for lunch so that's what I am eating this week.

So I saw a movie about 12 Step recovery programs and what's wrong with them. They had a lot of negative stuff to say about the spiritual part of the program.I do wish
we were more accepting of Atheists and Agnostics. But we do have a few Atheists and Agnostics there so I did not agree with all of this movie.

However, the part I did agree with is this. there are too many men and women who use AA as a meat market to pick up sex partners. There is sexual harassment
there and scams and cons, and criminals who are sent to AA who are not alcoholics, some are rapists and wife beater so there has been rape and people who have had there taken by scam artists.

I wish the courts would do something about it. My Mom had a young adult lady who said she had cancer and did take a lot of money off my Mom, so my Mom got scammed. I had a guy at the New Years' eve dance when my Mo was alive 8 years ago who hit on me, tried to get me into bed.

I have had several men in AA try to get me in bed. But unfortunately, I do not feel safe at face-to-face AA meetings anymore. I have solved the problem by doing the program at home with OA, and I listen to and talk to the OA meetings on teleconference meetings. It is much safer these days to work a recovery program at home.I miss going to New Year's Eve dances with my mother. But it is safer this way.

So I won't go to face-to-face meetings anymore it's too dangerous. BTW another thing this
movie revealed that surprised me but it shouldn't is that Bill W. the founder of AA was also known to be a big womanizer who did also known to hit on young AA ladies quite abit.

Last edited:

Riders

Unfortunately, I can not keep my promise to myself to go to AA meetings now and then to see how my Mom's friends are doing without going. But truthfully I am not an alcoholic; However, folks who are not alcoholics and are addicted to something else can go to AA meetings for their addictions if they introduce themselves like this at meetings: My name is Elizabeth and I am a member of AA. There's another way too but I forget it. Oh, it's I'm Qualified!

But with scams going on up there, and dirty old married men, and a rumor I heard that people are not distancing themselves from each other and seem to be hugging all over the place in sarcasm, I guess because most of them are Republican I don't know; I am not going down there. But I do know they have a Zoom meeting I have attended before, I may attend the Zoom meeting in the future We will see.

6 or 7 years ago when my Mom was living I went with her to make sure she was ok with driving, quite a bit. So sometimes I miss it. I am going to try and make new friends this year in OA which I already am, but it's all phone meetings and new friends at the United Methodist church I hope. I lost another pound I am down to 313. It's going down slow,hopefully I'll see a lot more weight loss.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Sense I don't know the guy perhaps I'm being judgemental. However to me thinking man can buy a woman off as if she were an object without building a relationship is sexist. It seems the fact that he was spending millions on her seems to suggest he may have been doing this. Perhaps I'm wrong
Well some women obviously can be bought that way. Doesn't make it smart on his part but it's reality.

Riders

Unfortunately, I can not keep my promise to myself to go to AA meetings now and then to see how my Mom's friends are doing without going. But truthfully I am not an alcoholic; However, folks who are not alcoholics and are addicted to something else can go to AA meetings for their addictions if they introduce themselves like this at meetings: My name is Elizabeth and I am a member of AA. There's another way too but I forget it. Oh, it's I'm Qualified!

But with scams going on up there, and dirty old married men, and a rumor I heard that people are not distancing themselves from each other and seem to be hugging all over the place in sarcasm, I guess because most of them are Republican I don't know; I am not going down there. But I do know they have a Zoom meeting I have attended before, I may attend the Zoom meeting in the future We will see.

6 or 7 years ago when my Mom was living I went with her to make sure she was ok with driving, quite a bit. So sometimes I miss it. I am going to try and make new friends this year in OA which I already am, but it's all phone meetings and new friends at the United Methodist church I hope. I lost another pound I am down to 313. It's going down slow, hopefully, I'll see a lot more weight loss.

Maybe I can go to a birthday meeting or dance but kind of leery of the dances. I miss them but the dance is where a guy came onto me 8 years back. But I really think as my Mom got older and had 34 years of sobriety in the end she had too many people looking out for her including her sponsees for too many men to come
onto me. However when I was younger there were too many hit's on me, especially at dances but mostly I ignored it.

However 6 years ago right before my Mom died I went to a meeting with her. Some older man said who's that with Mary? The other guy said Elizabeth. she's Mary's daughter then he said hi to me I said hi. The other guy said "she looks young", they were older probably married men. It's creepy. So me still being big and fat and looking younger in the face I am still leary.

We shall see, maybe I can get my sister or a relative to go with me some time too who knows.

Riders

No actually I won't go to a birthday party I forgot about the cakes. People ake or buy cakes put them up for auction and the money goes to AA. Instead of taking them home sometimes many times, they let people eat them there after the meetings. Man have I done some pigging out on sugar there!!!!!!! I'll go to a dance instead the food is not usually that good there.

Riders

Yes, I lost weight of 4 pounds but my sister could not bring my shakes from Amazon because she went on a trip. I had to order Slimfast shakes instead and they have 24 carbs instead of 12 like my other one. So I am going to have to drink one every day instead. Anyways I hope to keep this weight off this week. I weigh again Saturday.

Riders

The thing about it is most people don't realize how easy it is for overeaters to over restrict when they are on a food plan. It doesn't make us anorexic or bulimic were still overeaters but we can go to extremes in our food plans. I did this week eat less than I should have. I overate today on cokes, I had 3 cans of coke instead of 1. I had 2 shakes instead of none. I hope I don't gain weight from this. Tomorrow I am back on my food plan and Saturday when I weigh myself I hope for no weight gain.

Riders

Well, I found out Duran Duran is coming in concert to Fort Worth August 30 . Because of covid and my immobility, I have not been to concert sense Duran Duran came about 10 years ago. I was more mobile back then but I thought it would be a good goal to be down enough and up walking around so that I can attend the concert. But I am going to call them Monday just in case and find out if they have disability seating with the wheelchairs and all.

I told my sister they are a boy band like The Osmonds(my sister's favorite boyband and squeaky clean) which is not altogether true for instance IMO Hungry Like The Wolf is their signature song and fairly sexy but still basically they are a boyband, the Wiki describes them as an English new wave band.

But still, basically, this is not the same as my family thinking I am nuts going backstage to meet the band as I did with New Kids On The Block. Don't get me wrong if you're a blockhead I still love New Kids! I just don't get all obsessed like I use to and I don't buy backstage passes anymore for 1 reason they're too expensive!

Anyways I think my sisters are ok with it but I was thinking on the thought about how much I don't obsess on celebrities anymore and realized I am still single and started having panic attacks tonight!!!!!!!!!!!So I'm gonna try to rest but I may listen to a couple of OA meetings and meditate tonight.

Riders

Well, the cheapest Duran Duran ticket is 168 right now and I have to wait till next month to get a ticket. By then the cheapest ticket might be in the 300 dollar range. So it may be too expensive anyway. I talked to my guy friend finally I have not spoken to. I told hi it would be another 6 weeks before I will be fit enough to go out to eat which he likes to do.

He said he wanted to come by and bring me Dairy Queen. I told him I could not do it unless he wanted to come by to meet my sister just hang with the 3 of us because my sister and brother-in-law won't let me have guy's over at the apartment. SO he said he'd come by and meet my sister. What a surprise. They meet Thursday.
I hope he doesn't try to push me to go out to eat before I am ready to get out of the house. We shall see. HE drives a taxi for a living. He's a nondenominational Christian but he says he doesn't mind me not being Christian. I hope he's not lying, I don't want a boyfriend who witnesses to me.

Another difference between Duran Duran and The Osmonds is, The Osmonds don't talk about religion and Duran Duran are praying to the Buddha statues in this video.

Last edited:

Riders

:cool:So here's some Billy Idol It's Obvious what my type for men was back in the day at 19 years old. LOL Well I liked Prince too but mostly I preferred blonde headed fair-skinned and both Billy and Duran Duran had English accents! MEOW SSST HISSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riders

To take a break from Billy idol and Prince and Duran Duran here's a few one-hit wonders from the 80's that are cool. This one is cool.

Riders

So I weighed today. After 5 or 6 days in the past 10 days of overeating, I only gained 1 pound back, I am at 313 which is good. I have not binged though. I am just eating extra meals with my Subway sandwiches and also extra shakes, protein shakes. I also had 2 of the chocolate pop tarts. Again there was no binge. Also, I have been sick, ears sore and throat sore.

I think it's just my allergies so I have not seen a Dr, home-based from Prima care yet, hopefully, I won't have to. Being sick though sometimes keeps me from gaining weight too.

This is Tommy Tutone singing 8675309 Jenny from the 80s. I Have heard rumors that even though he only had a one-hit-wonder out he puts on good shows and is very talented musically.

Riders

I called off my date with Darryl. I am not ready to see him. Maybe in the next few weeks, I will reschedule. I may have to take my walker to her birthday celebration.
She has scheduled a lady's luncheon for the Crescent Room in Dallas with all my sisters and about 20 other women. I have never been there, it is high falluting richie rich so. It should be interesting. It's 3 weeks from tomorrow, I will be up walking about.

Here's another 80's one-hit wonders

Riders

Ok, so the thing about AA and OA and the 12 step program is that it's not for everyone. It's a spiritual program and has not worked for some atheists and agnostics, I welcome Atheists into the meeting but if they don't feel welcome because of the spirituality there are plenty of programs where you don't have to have spirituality.

Over Eaters may claim it's too expensive Weight Watchers costs a lot of some people but there are TOPS. Take Off Pounds Sensibly I think it's like 15 bucks a month now. So it's cheap. I am watching Rocky 3 hoping it'll boost y energy to exercise. I got to walk, my sister's birthday is coming up 2 weeks fro Friday, I want to be walking by then.

FYI on my food plan, I do a moderate eating plan, I eat what I want except I don't eat deserts and only 1 coke a day. But I have small meals. Today I had a steak and cheese on whole wheat from Subway along with a couple of tablespoons of potato salad and a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat for my other meal. I will have a low-carb protein shake for dinner. So I eat 3 small meals and don't overeat or binge.

There are other people in OA who use moderate eating and eat 3 small meals a day, they have a small saucer or plate and eat 3 of those a day no exceptions. You lose it more slowly but it still works. I also want to start using mindful eating,, Zen Buddhists do it.

Here's a tribute to the 70's.

Riders

I weighed the day before yesterday and was down to 309 again yay! Part of that is because I have had a bad stomach virus. I actually binged on McDonald's today,I wanted some grease and fat. I had a double quarter pounder bur with cheese and 2 apple pies and 2 chocolate milk's. Gross, I am now grossed out! I have been sick all night it was not worth the binge, I am disgusted yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1