1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Riders, May 23, 2017.

1. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen
    has her own culture in running marathons etc and he doesn't understand it and craps all over it. Just because someone not wrapped up in AA culture especially a non addict doesn't mean you have to develop an attitude. But they take attitudes like I said I cant mention a religious temple or where I go even before or after meetings,.

I understand in meetings its non issue we shouldn't talk about it. But for some reason its ok for the Christian community to come in and invite folks to church but if I say something about Buddha I get"OH I believe in all the religions or any God you choose is your higher power but I just go to AA AA is the only place to go because here you can have your own higher power.

Just because I am not Christian and like other religions why should I only associate with AA folks and only go to AA for my religion.

I get it yes you have any higher power you want in AA that's grand yay! But that doesn't mean I need to make AA my temple why should I? I'm have a guy friend coming today I told him abit about my my Mother being AA but I have no expectation of getting him involved with AA culture why should I?

2. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Religion:
    One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps
    by Kevin Griffin | Feb 6, 2018

This is suppose to be a good book shame on me for not having read it yet. Id like to get it. But again I even have friends who have read this and say they do practice you know the meditation of Buddha beliefs but have said to me why do you need to go to a temple and go through their rituals to meditate? But yet nothign is ever said to Christians, well shouldn't Christians drop out of church and use AA like my mom did?

3. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Religion:
    Anyways if addiction and or recovery interested you you should watch Thanks for sharing it is a really good movie. But the issue of intimacy for recovering sex addicts was brought up The thing of it is I can't get intimate anymore then with making out with my guy friend, but we are just going to be friends.

That's all I've got, I like the character in this movie have a hard time with being close in a healthy relationship. But this guy was not ready. I will say this, if I were in the same place as his girl friend character who was not an addict and he told me what he said to her, I would have called him on hos BS.

He did not want want to make love to her and he was on the phone with his sponsee at 2 am in the morning. She got suspect that he was in his addiction because of the time. He would not give her his phone she took it from him and realized he was telling the truth..

This is again AA or SAA in this case culture clashing with normal culture, normal people don't get calls at 3 am in the morning from their sponsee. So it's not easy to be in a relationship with a recovering addict.
    When she asked him was going on with him that he had pulled away from her he said i have pulled away.

When I was in my addiction I was this chase for a fix all the time and now with you sex is beautiful and pure and good and I don't know how to connect with it but I think we just have to work on it more.

See, I;m sorry. This is why i have a hard time seeing myself in a relationship its crap. If he had said that tio me I would have said I son't have to work on diddly dot with you, this is your like, you got into this darkness and you did it to yourself you have to be responsible for it, I'm not working on any thing with you this is your sh&t.

To the credit of the movie after she broke up with him he went out and practiced his addiction.

At one point in the movie they ran into one of his sexual addiction partners which as embarrassing to her, I can't imagine trying to compete with the ex sex partners of a sexually addicted man. That's a hard pill to swallow.