• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Riders

ok so when I was 12 I bought my first album I used my own money with which was an album by Blondie. I crushed out on Deborah Harry.
Between 13 and 15 I also liked girl power stuff like Pat Benetar and Joan Jett. I also liked The Cars and lots of hard rock in my mid to late teens. ACDC my sister threw away my record on purpose she said they were devil worshippers.

I also liked Van Halen, Def Leppard, Loverboy, Aerosmith,Bryan Adams, people like that, Bon Jovi......... Ozzy Osbourne.

So then in my late teens believe it or not I became a heartthrob person. Heartthrob a teen idol, a male performer you fall for.

Wait hold up I also liked Punk Rock and New wave , The Clash, The Bow Wow Wows, Stray Cats,The B52s, etc...........

So I had 3 Billy Idol, Prince, and these guys........they are actually New Wave too and have a mysterious sound, I was obsessed with them for 2 years,

Riders

ok one more video by Duran Durana and I will shut up.
This is my favorite song by Duran Duran. It's about a one night stand. It's shot, the video on the island where the big beautiful Buddhist Temples are...............

When I saw those I wanted to visit the Buddhist temple in Dallas, in 1990 the only one out here was in North Dallas and they still are here. That's the only one I can find. I took my car got on the highway and because of my organizational dislexia I had a wreck on the way out there and never made it.

I love it love the Temples in the video beautiful!

Riders

Yea I liked 2 or 3 of these guy's songs, they were a popular new wave in the early 80s. This is my favorite Hall And Oats song:

Riders

This is a Punk Rock group, even though I only liked 2 or 3 of their songs, I was in love with this song. It came out in 87 when I was 20 years old. I was still in the Alateen group, a support group for teenagers with alcoholic parents. I had to drop out of high school. Mesquite High School would not accept me as an ex psychiatric patient.

So I lost out on my youth. But I did get to go to Alateen which made up on some level of degree for me missing out. So going to eat with them afterwards and I even went shopping with a few of them, I loved Alateen. This song almost makes me cry I love it! I use to hear it when I rode around them a lot.

Riders

This is for Sunday contemplation. This is the only song I like by this group but like it because it reminds me of being younger.

Riders

I watched the Rocketman movie about Elton John it was great! My favorite song from that movie is Beeney And The Jetts. I was never a big enough fan to really buy his albums or anything, but a casual fan who watched him on tv shows in the 70s as a kid. I always liked his big superstar glasses! He is an amazingly talented genius artist.

my favorite part was the AA meetings and him getting sobriety going to treatment. I loved the first part at AA when he says Hello my name is and I'm an alcoholic cocaine addict, sex addict, pothead, shopaholic, not sure that's all the addictions LOL so cute. He reminds me of me and so many folks in 12 step programs, every addiction in the book LMAO! I loved it!

Oh got the musical scenes were phenomenal, I will see if I can find a video from youtube to put up.
My favorite line from this song "She got electric boots"

Riders

Here is a definition from Wiki of Celtic Christianity. Some of it I understand some I don't. I know it's influenced by early Catholic monasteries from the middle ages. While I realize Priests back then stole Pagan rituals and beliefs to get Celts to convert to Catholicism, I do think some Celtic Christian groups are an embrace of both Celtic rituals and beliefs and the Christian world.

I have seen some writings that say from Celtic Christians we think of Jesus as the ultimate Druid. On the other hand, our group which is connected to the United Methodist Church does have the church beliefs of course Jesus and all. At the same time, they also have 3 minutes of quiet centering meditation before prayer which some could see as a Zen-type meditation.

Pagans take part in meditation so it just depends on how you see it, I think different people see it in different ways.Im really a one-God person for now, however, you never know about the future. Anyways this is what the Wiki says about it definition:

Celtic Christianity (Cornish: Kristoneth; Welsh: Cristnogaeth; Scottish Gaelic: Crìosdaidheachd; Manx: Credjue Creestee/Creestiaght; Irish: Críostaíocht/Críostúlacht; Breton: Kristeniezh) refers broadly to certain features of Christianity that were common, or held to be common, across the Celtic-speaking world during the Early Middle Ages.[1] Celtic Christianity has been conceived of with differing levels of specificity: some writers have described a distinct Celtic Church uniting the Celtic peoples and distinguishing them from the Roman Church, while others classify it as simply a set of distinctive practices occurring in those areas.[2] Varying scholars reject the former notion, but note that there were certain traditions and practices present in both the Irish and British churches that were not seen in the wider Christian world.[3]

Such practices include: a distinctive system for determining the dating of Easter, a style of monastic tonsure, a unique system of penance, and the popularity of going into "exile for Christ".[3] Additionally, there were other practices that developed in certain parts of Britain and Ireland, that were not known to have spread beyond particular regions. The term typically denotes the regional practices among the insular churches and their associates, rather than actual theological differences.

The term Celtic Church is deprecated by many historians as it implies a unified and identifiable entity entirely separate from that of mainstream Western Christendom.[4] For this reason, many prefer the term Insular Christianity.[5] As Patrick Wormald explained, "One of the common misconceptions is that there was a Roman Church to which the Celtic Church was nationally opposed."[6]

Popularized by German historian Lutz von Padberg, the term "Iroschottisch" is used to describe this supposed dichotomy between Irish-Scottish and Roman Christianity.[7] As a whole, Celtic-speaking areas were part of Latin Christendom at a time when there was significant regional variation of liturgy and structure. But a general collective veneration of the Papacy was no less intense in Celtic-speaking areas.[8]

Nonetheless, distinctive traditions developed and spread to both Ireland and Great Britain, especially in the 6th and 7th centuries. Some elements may have been introduced to Ireland by the Romano-British St. Patrick, and later, others from Ireland to Britain through the Irish mission system of Saint Columba. However, the histories of the Irish, Welsh, Scots, Breton, Cornish, and Manx Churches diverge significantly after the 8th century.[9] Interest in the subject has led to a series of Celtic Christian Revival movements, which have shaped popular perceptions of the Celts and their Christian religious practices

Riders

I don't know how many people here have seen When A Man Loves A Woman. It's about an alcoholic woman. After she gets into treatment and get sober she tells her husband she has one male friend that she has told everything to, all her dirty secrets. This is just fiction though but there is some truth in it, you get close to people, and if you're getting close to the opposite sex it's easy to have an emotional affair.

BUT in my experience growing up in AA, I and my Mom use to go to AA dances on Friday nights. She had a blast and so did I. But I use to a dirty grind dirty dancing flirting with the guys and some of them came on to me sometimes.

Personally, I think it's wise for women and men to reach outro men only if your a man or women only, I think it is the safest wisest thing. They do have women's meetings and men's meetings.
WHen covid goes away I will be going back to AA. I plan to reach out to women and on OA and SAA the same thing. There are married men who would sleep with me at AA.

But I wanted to put this up because I have written too much about people getting a divorce after getting sober. one way to avoid it is for women to reach out to women and men to preach to men. It's healthy. But growing up we had a guy who got an 18-year-old girl pregnant, Big Glen we sometimes called him that because there was another Glen there. He came on to the early twenties girls and even came onto me once though he knew my Mom would kill him.

She never knew about him coming onto me. But she told the young ladies there at one point to stay away from him, he was like 35 years old married, and having affairs all the time. He got mad and threatened to sue her for defamation, she laughed at him. But all that could've been avoided if these young ladies were socializing with women.

I have heard a few men on OA give their numbers out for outreach and request men only because they are married.

Riders

So even if I were to switch over to Celtic Christianity and reembrace my Christianity, it's not good as far as my church goes. I would have to either just go to Uu or Unity probably Unity, and then maybe go now and then to the United Methodist Church.

But it's like when I use to go to the Pagan UU church we had fun we had game night movie night, sometimes a night when we could display art or tell poems to sing like a talent thing we had a blast. Sometimes we had drum jams, I Know Unity use to have some drum jams and meditation groups too.

We were close. But the regular churches Christian churches don't have much for singles especially older singles like me. I mean The United Methodist church is nice yea and they are like in charge of the Celtic Christian church but if you go to church there it's just church. It's not like UU or Unity where I'm in a group.

I think my sisters hope I will eventually go to the traditional Christian church but like I said there's not much in Mesquite churches for singles. Of course, I am talking pre covid here, after covid is gone if things go back to the way they were, I'd hope we could get a concert or movie night in at Unity or drum jam that would be a blast.

Like I said after Covids over maybe I might try interspersing some Unity or UU with a Christian church and do both but not just Christianity. I wish the Christian church out here had more for older singles.

Here's a video that reminds me of drum jam nights at my old church.

Riders

I'm getting burned out on the 12 STeps. I got to call my sponsor tomorrow, read the chapter on the 3rd step, answer questions on it listening to SAA and OA meetings on the phone. I am stuck at home. I think I've lost some weight in the past 2 weeks I've stayed on my food plan about 5 days a week. But I am still drinking some coke. I'm going to pour out my last coke tomorrow.

I am stuck at home partly because of covid partly because my weight has kept me inside, not sure if I can handle walking up and down my stairs but plan on walking this week and working my way back to that.

I got a notification to go to the fair park to get my vaccine but I could not go because they gave me only one day and my Medicaid ride has to have 2 days ahead of time to plan for a ride to the dr. I don't think they would drive me to the fair park anyways.

I getting restless staying home all the time listening to 12 step meetings. I did find an interesting philosophy group on meetup.com that meets in Zoom Monday and Friday nights.

But I went to a chat room last night 50's and older adults spoke to men, socialized with the men folks. That can be dangerous for sex addicts. I'm just so burned out. I went to the chat room again tonight but I made myself go to the religion chat room so I would not be tempted.

But I do get tempted to put up ads in the activity section in craigslist for a man friend but I won't. I do get bored with recovery at times though. I guess I'm ok hanging in there.

Riders

Well, I stayed on my food plan 5 days last week and so far 3 this week. I went 5 weeks without weighing weighed in at 304 last time 308 yesterday which is a 4-pound weight gain. But since I binged out a few weeks after that I imagine I gained up to 315 so I think I've actually dropped some weight.

It's hard, right now I have money for groceries for the next few weeks and truthfully Id like to take 20 out of it and just order cherry coke and a couple of big blizzards from Dairy Queen with it, but I won/t. I feel like stuffing my fat face with chocolate!

I have had my mind in the gutter of late. I have not relapsed on sex and love but it is a temptation right now. I am in this house alone and lonely but my food sponsor told me a lot of times if you have multiple addictions and get sobriety in one addiction like with my eating the other addiction jumps up and you get tempted to relapse in your other addictions. Loneliness does not help.

I will put up my favorite sexual songs later. For now, here's a tribute to John Travolta since we are in the '70s and I put this up after I recorded it last year on my sisters 60th birthday, since the covid was out she decided to have everyone send her a video instead of having a party so sense she graduated in 1978 I put this up for her.

Riders

Heres a list of some of my favorite hot sexy songs

Self Control Laura Branigan
I Touch Myself by The Devinyls
I Want Your Sex George Michael
Edge Of heaven George Michael
Lets Go all The Way Sly Fox
Sex You Up
Cruisin Smokey Robinson
Sexual Healing
Let's Get It On
Darling Nicki Prince
Raspberry Beret Prince

Boogie Man KC and The SUnshine Band
That's The Way I Like It KC and the Sunshine Band
Give It Up KC and The Sunshine Band
Get Down Tonight KC and the Sunhine Band

That's just a few .
Heres self Control

Here's Boogie Man

Bad Girls

Nasty by Miss Janet JAckson

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As an insecure kid being a sophomore in college, I met and quickly fell in love with a beautiful Italian Catholic woman of the same age, and she changed my life in ways I never could have imagined. We didn't end up together, but the woman whom I met two years later was almost a replica, and next Tuesday we'll have been married for 54 years.

This song by Foreigner takes me back through this process from wondering if anyone will ever love me to the joy of loving and being loved.

Riders

Anyways, I lost 16 pounds in the past 2 weeks from my food plan. I went down from 307 to 291! YAY! But I'm having diarrhea from eating healthy and last week I only ate 3 meals a day 3 days and 2 meals a day the other 4 days so I probably did not get enough protein in. I need 3 small meals a day.

I am exhausted and tired and sleepy. I'll probably sleep 14 hours tonight. I got a bunch of food today to go on a binge, I did not eat till after 4;30 which was stupid. So and I also need a multivitamin to help me out. I have some potassium I bought for foot cramps. I've been binging but I need to just throw some of it out and get rid of it. I was hungry though.

I just need to make sure I take care of myself better this next week. I will get some multivitamins next week. I need iron. I know what my sisters would say and will say they will say I am not eating my vegetables which is true I am not. However vegetables just make it worse, they make me sick in my stomach because I am not used to them.

I remember eating them on other food plans they'd either give me the runs or make me nauseated. I don't want to be sicker than I am now. I need fruit too and I have not eaten any fruit. Ill write down my food plan in a little while I am going to rest.