• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curious? J.W.'s not permitted to post here?

Shak34

You are posting material, sir, that is false. I'm a JW, so are a few others here....and we post all the time! So "rule 31" is a fabrication. (If this is wrong, possibly the others are, too?)

If "public discussion of faith with none (sic) believers is PROHIBITED", then why do we go from door-to-door?

Did you even click on the link? Rule 31 isn't about not having public discussions of faith. It is about worldly books that might weaken faith. Skwim posted a copy of some of the rules on post #45. I quickly read through it there is nothing about not being able to have public discussions of faith. Most of the rules are true. Some of the older ones may no longer be(those I would have take the time to find the articles to check) but most of the newer ones even state the books/magazines to show where the rule/belief is stated in JW literature. Don't get me wrong a few I have never heard of like not going to a class reunion, that would be a very silly rule.

Last edited:

Parsimony

I see no problem with psychology or sociology.....in fact we can pretty much study whatever we like as long as it does not impact on our spirituality or time unnecessarily.

Philosophy is something we find no use for. It is an endless circular argument for things that never quite come to any definite conclusions. It is a waste of time for anyone who has better things to do than to muse endlessly about things of no real consequence. It was even warned about in the scriptures.

Colossians 2:8:
" Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ"

Like a lot of things in this world, it is spiritually "empty". We like to study the Bible mostly because this is the knowledge that leads to a future. (John 17:3)
I have replied but I am sorry I missed your post in all the other rabble.

We have no "big brother" controlling our every move.....we have the Bible...we have a conscience...and we have shepherds who are there to care for us.

Please ask whatever you feel is reasonable and I will try to give you a reasonable answer.
Thank you. That makes me feel better now.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Did you even click on the link? Rule 31 isn't about not having public discussions of faith. It is about worldly books that might weaken faith. Skwim posted a copy of some of the rules on post #45. I quickly read through it there is nothing about not being able to have public discussions of faith. Most of the rules are true. Some of the older ones may no longer be(those I would have take the time to find the articles to check) but most of the newer ones even state the books/magazines to show where the rule/belief is stated in JW literature. Don't get me wrong a few I have never heard of like not going to a class reunion, that would be a very silly rule.

Yeah....141 rules posted, but only 1 Scripture. That I saw. #31 states "sources of information" -- that could include sites like this. Peter C-UK applied it to this site.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah....141 rules posted, but only 1 Scripture. That I saw. #31 states "sources of information" -- that could include sites like this. Peter C-UK applied it to this site.
The rules that Jehovah's Witnesses obey are related to scripture which says; 1.they are no part of the world 2. quit touching the unclean thing 3. get out of Babylon the Great 4. Jehovah hates the soul who loves violence 5. speak no unclean thing....... and more, I am sure.

I believe it is fine to obey God, but what the JWs do is they trust they are right about what Jehovah says and then they make everything each individual understands about what Jehovah has said apply to ALL, Jehovah's Witness believers and everyone else.

Do you teach, like @Deeje teaches, that a person must eat at the table of the governing body (I am sure you and she calls it "Jehovah's table") which means to trust and obey what they say to be able to be found doing the will of The Father?

ukok102nak

Him and the demons.

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

~;> even us couldn't help our selves
to laugh coz this tickle a lot

but we forgive you
becaused you made us laugh very much
and
you also dont really know what your doing
as in you were like being messed up by those leaders of triune god worshippers
if we may say so

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

gnostic

The Lost One
In general.
Does the Governing Body discourage J.W. members from posting on religious sites
like this one.
If posting here is discouraged then why?
I believe that proselytising is discouraged here...if that was anyone's intention, including those follow JW.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that proselytising is discouraged here...if that was anyone's intention, including those follow JW.
I don't understand this. It is the rule of THIS place that no proselytizing be done. The JWs believe Jesus commands the making of disciples and there is no who or how in the Bible so they wish to convert everybody. The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses never discourage anyone from making anyone else a disciple of them.

Milton Platt

In general.
Does the Governing Body discourage J.W. members from posting on religious sites
like this one.
If posting here is discouraged then why?
I think J.W.'s posting here would be a great way to explain J.W. doctrine and dogma.
My mother was a J.W. but disfellowshipped for her alcoholism. It would have been more
Christian if the elders of the J.W. congregation would have offered here HELP instead of
booting her out so she could die. She did die.
My dearest 1st cousin is a J.W.
Sadly he lives 1300 miles away and I can't readily converse with him.
Humph! If there are no J.W.'s here then who can answer me post????:eek::eek:

Are you a JW? Then obviously, JW's can post. Why don't you ask JW's why they do not post. Maybe they get into discussions on points of their faith and find they cannot defend their position from a factual or logical standpoint. Maybe as another poster said, they were told by their own organization to avoid rational discussion with people on the board.

gnostic

The Lost One
'K but what if they don't preach or attempt to convert?
I don't understand this. It is the rule of THIS place that no proselytizing be done. The JWs believe Jesus commands the making of disciples and there is no who or how in the Bible so they wish to convert everybody. The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses never discourage anyone from making anyone else a disciple of them.
As I understand the RF's rules, the "no proselytising", applied to every religions, not just JW.

If you are not proselytising, then it shouldn't be a problem for any Witness, to post in these threads.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Jeager is not a Jehovah's Witness.

The definition of a Jehovah's Witness is someone who has been baptized by elders of the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, who obeys the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses and who proselytizes to be making MORE Jehovah's Witnesses.

Nobody knows exactly why the mandate from the gb that JWs leave the internet was released, as governing body members together decide everything in secret. There are seven of them, I think. To some, including me, it is obvious they realize that some of their flock might be lost if all the crazy stuff about them becomes known. It is widely known by outsiders about how child abuse cases were handled and that the governing body pays out millions of dollars settling out-of-court arrangements. That fact is not being made known to JWs by the governing body, which I believe is just one more reason to believe they are NOT the truth. They call being a Jehovah's Witness, "in the truth".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As I understand the RF's rules, the "no proselytising", applied to every religions, not just JW.
Yes, of course.

If you are not proselytising, then it should be a problem for any Witness, to post in these threads.
Again, huh?
I shall write what I see you have said.

It should be a problem for any Jehovah's Witness to post in these threads if the JW can't proselytize.

That can't be right.

ukok102nak

Are you a JW? Then obviously, JW's can post. Why don't you ask JW's why they do not post. Maybe they get into discussions on points of their faith and find they cannot defend their position from a factual or logical standpoint. Maybe as another poster said, they were told by their own organization to avoid rational discussion with people on the board.

~;> those were only alibies
told by some leaders of jw who thoughts that their
own organization would exposed some of their teachings and commandments are base on
a system of biblical interpretation taught by man
and
to avoid rational discussion were just a divertion that
usually go round and round in circles or talk about something else altogether
with people on the board to hide their manipulation unto members of jw congregation
and bible says somethin about this
:read: (as it is written)
Philippians 3:19
whose end is destruction, whose god is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who think about earthly things.

yeah thats why
we say this things not false testify against any members of jw congregation
but to open up the hearts and minds
of their every member
to stand for their right unto the freedom of speech and the right to live as humans and not robots

reality bites
and thats a good news also

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I studied with JW'S for many years. While their was an attraction to the hell-less apolitical support group style format, their isolationism, creating unhealthy echo chambers and creating lots of broken families, their steadfast adherence to young-Earth creationism and as their silly justification for being anti blood products turned me off.

Not all who study the Bible with us become Jehovah's Witnesses and we don't expect them to. We are just the messengers and once we have imparted the message, it is up to individuals to make their own decisions.

When I read excuses such as you have posted I smile because they are typical of those who discontinue their study. Why did you "study" for "years" if you didn't take in very much information?

What apparently attracted you at first was basically self-interest....no hell of torment and separation from divisive and nationalistic political views and conflicts of this world; who wouldn't want that?

I see the"isolationist" and "echo chamber" comments as you being in disagreement with the idea that you have to accept certain teachings without being able to voice your own opinion about them or to continue in relationships that are spiritually damaging. John addresses that in his second letter...(2 John 8-10)

As to the "broken families"....Jesus covered that. (Matthew 10:34-35) As to those family members who defect from our ranks or who are excommunicated for breaches of Christian standards, Paul told us about how to treat them. (1 Corinthian 5:9-13)

We are NOT Young Earth Creationists at all.
And our stance on blood is completely Biblical and fully supported medically.

https://www.blood.gov.au/media
https://www.blood.gov.au/media
You obviously paid little attention to the Bible in your "study". If you studied for many years, then I am not surprised that you did not progress....you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The reason you were turned off is because you cannot be a Witness of Jehovah and please yourself about what you will believe. The truth is a divider and that is exactly what it is intended to be. If we have more concern about what "we" personally think over what God's word teaches, or if we cannot toe the line and learn humble obedience, then we have lost the whole reason as to why we are all in this horrible excuse for a life. Our future does not depend on our independent thinking and our own ideas...it depends on what Adam treated so lightly...our OBEDIENCE to those whom Christ has appointed as our teachers. (Hebrews 7:17)

It would not be surprising at all to learn the Watchtower or Awake magazine put out a condemnation of using Internet sites that are too 'wordly,' they did already when AOL was at its height.

Some sites are snake pits....would you go there unless you either wanted to get bitten or were a snake yourself? Seriously? This site at least has DIR's so that respect can be given instead of the constant sniper attacks by people who think they know all about JW's. Its a bit sad really. We have nothing to hide and are very open about answering sincere questions. Some of the questions asked here are nothing but flame throwers and baseless accusations based on half truths.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
="Deeje, post: 4901299, member: 18814" John addresses that in his second letter...(2 John 8-10)
Please correct me if I am wrong, but is this not you calling the Watchtower, "the teaching of the Christ"?

Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 2 John 1:8-10

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As to the "broken families"....Jesus covered that. (Matthew 10:34-35) As to those family members who defect from our ranks or who are excommunicated for breaches of Christian standards, Paul told us about how to treat them. (1 Corinthian 5:9-13)
Breaches of Watchtower standards. Be true now!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Our future does not depend on our independent thinking and our own ideas...it depends on what Adam treated so lightly...our OBEDIENCE to those whom Christ has appointed as our teachers. (Hebrews 7:17)
Hebrews 13:17 I think you mean where the word is NOT, please listen this time, NOT "obey". It says yield to those taking the lead which is wise.

You have made yourself obedient to them but what about Jesus? Did he said, "you will know the truth and it will SET YOU FREE"? How is obedience to more man made rules and regulation called freedom? You are bound to the rules of the governing body, thus, you are not free. You are not free.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Deeje, please show us how yield and obey are synonymous.
There are some scriptures which say obey.

Children obey your parents and slaves obey your masters. So? Why the confusion? If the writer had been wise, I mean if in that instance of the writing of Hebrews 13:17 GOD (who it is believed actually had God's true words written) had been wise, GOD would have had written the word for obey, ὑπακούετε.

WHY NOT?

ὑπακούετε (hypakouete) — 5 Occurrences

Romans 6:16 V-PIA-2P
GRK: ἐστε ᾧ ὑπακούετε ἤτοι ἁμαρτίας
NAS: of the one whom you obey, either
KJV: ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin
INT: you are to him whom you obey whether of sin

Ephesians 6:1 V-PMA-2P
GRK: Τὰ τέκνα ὑπακούετε τοῖς γονεῦσιν
NAS: Children, obey your parents
KJV: Children, obey your parents
INT: Children obey the parents