• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curious? J.W.'s not permitted to post here?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
In general.
Does the Governing Body discourage J.W. members from posting on religious sites
like this one.
If posting here is discouraged then why?
I think J.W.'s posting here would be a great way to explain J.W. doctrine and dogma.
My mother was a J.W. but disfellowshipped for her alcoholism. It would have been more
Christian if the elders of the J.W. congregation would have offered here HELP instead of
booting her out so she could die. She did die.
My dearest 1st cousin is a J.W.
Sadly he lives 1300 miles away and I can't readily converse with him.
Humph! If there are no J.W.'s here then who can answer me post????:eek::eek:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
JWs were commanded by their overlords not to tread in places such as RF, which is why our JW members all vanished around the same time.

meghanwaterlillies

I think..As I posted before..

The gospel words of Christ 1776: NT and OT well see how then it works out. For example Introvert and extrovert of religions. Bene Ephraim Introvet & converts/experiment under the some of the same principles: Bene Ephraim in india experimental jew town. Mormons introvert & converts/experiment under some of the same principles that islam does. Mormon in Utah experimental "muslim" town.
Ahmadiyyas extrovert prophets for nations (noah and laws)(jihad can be inner though just they get orders) converts/experiment under the same principles of a new messiah on earth second advent. Second Advent push religions. Ahmadiyyas in British India experimental new messiah on earth. Rastafari introvert prophets (vegan ideas, +(weed, not that bad) (political and social involvements can be outer) converts/experiment under the same principles of a new messiah on earth second advent. Second Advent push religions.
Bahai off shoot of Christianity and islam without the pillars. Extrovert Experimental The independent search after truth, unfettered by superstition or tradition; the oneness of the entire human race,..
Unitarianism Interfaith Christianity and others without the need to believe in Christ. Inclosing Experimental The independent search after truth, unfettered by superstition or tradition; the oneness of the entire human race,..

meghanwaterlillies

Its a massive experiment

As for me I started running... that doctor hurt me.

Everything after I first believed okay...
Then after a while it turned in prophets of every religion and new savior ... yawn.... freakin

meghanwaterlillies

That includes men who stare at goats lol
remember that I pet goat ..
I know for one thing America supposed be bad or ... and if your good or or else!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
JWs have posted here.
I had a couple JW friends from move here with me when THC (our old forum) died.
One got banned.
The other seems to have just moved on.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
In general.
like this one.
I think J.W.'s posting here would be a great way to explain J.W. doctrine and dogma.
My mother was a J.W. but disfellowshipped for her alcoholism. It would have been more
Christian if the elders of the J.W. congregation would have offered here HELP instead of

Don't you remember? You've spoken with two of us, at least....me and Deeje!

Something's wrong here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's weird; I've read this supposed "command" that "mandated" JWs not use websites like this, but it didn't actually say anything to that extent, but rather urged caution against exposure to certain websites that promote certain ideas (or something like that, I haven't read it since the whole thing happened).
But Mormons do get beat on here on a fairly regular basis.They get mocked, ridiculed, harassed, and I can't blame them.
There was an exodus back in July 2015 sadly. :(
That wouldn't be the first exodus of them either. They tend to be such wonderful and delightful people, but they have to put up with some nasty comments and hate here. Several years ago, they were even being accused of "running the show" at RF, far worse than the accusations of "liberal mods/preference for liberals by the mods" that occasionally sprout up.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was a Jehovah's Witness and I remember being warned at convention about the internet. Jehovah's Witness conventions are each year and at them JWs are taught what is right according to the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses and there is no room at convention for any personal opinion.

I am certain that what I heard at convention, which is to stay away from any internet chat, was an order from the governing body. I am not wrong about hearing the warning because even after I left them it was some time before I got the courage up to go onto a forum.

JWs teach that if you will leave them the devil WILL get you.

It has been many years since I walked away from them so what I heard about not being here was not what caused the last bunch of JWs to leave.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In general.
like this one.
If you don't have a home Dir and are feeling like a Dir ought to exist, you should inquire of Admin. Make a site feedback thread and request to include a JW Sub Dir in an appropriate section -- probably either in New Religious Movements Dir or in Christianity Dir. (I am fairly new here, so I don't know if this has been considered before.)

The rules allow explanations of doctrines in the debate areas, in comparative religion and in interfaith discussion and in your Dir if you have a Dir. You can also start a journal. As long as you are keeping the rules you should be fine discussing JW doctrine.

Laika

Premium Member
If you don't have a home Dir and are feeling like a Dir ought to exist, you should inquire of Admin. Make a site feedback thread and request to include a JW Sub Dir in an appropriate section -- probably either in New Religious Movements Dir or in Christianity Dir. (I am fairly new here, so I don't know if this has been considered before.)

The rules allow explanations of doctrines in the debate areas, in comparative religion and in interfaith discussion and in your Dir if you have a Dir. You can also start a journal. As long as you are keeping the rules you should be fine discussing JW doctrine.

There is a JW DIR but it's pretty hard to find (if you are non-Christian anyway).

http://www.religiousforums.com/forums/jehovahs-witnesses-dir.79/

It's weird; I've read this supposed "command" that "mandated" JWs not use websites like this, but it didn't actually say anything to that extent, but rather urged caution against exposure to certain websites that promote certain ideas (or something like that, I haven't read it since the whole thing happened).
But Mormons do get beat on here on a fairly regular basis.They get mocked, ridiculed, harassed, and I can't blame them.

That wouldn't be the first exodus of them either. They tend to be such wonderful and delightful people, but they have to put up with some nasty comments and hate here. Several years ago, they were even being accused of "running the show" at RF, far worse than the accusations of "liberal mods/preference for liberals by the mods" that occasionally sprout up.

Wow. That's a bit of RF history I knew nothing about. If you'd want to share that would be interesting to hear.

ukok102nak

~;> but why JWs teach that if you will leave them the devil WILL get you.

havent they notice that those who used the devil to scare there member in the religion were also been use
by the devil itself

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

I was a Jehovah's Witness and I remember being warned at convention about the internet. Jehovah's Witness conventions are each year and at them JWs are taught what is right according to the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses and there is no room at convention for any personal opinion.

I am certain that what I heard at convention, which is to stay away from any internet chat, was an order from the governing body. I am not wrong about hearing the warning because even after I left them it was some time before I got the courage up to go onto a forum.

JWs teach that if you will leave them the devil WILL get you.

It has been many years since I walked away from them so what I heard about not being here was not what caused the last bunch of JWs to leave.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Did you mean to talk both of JWs and Mormons, or was there some sort of mix-up there?