• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curious? J.W.'s not permitted to post here?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is thinking and there is doing. In THIS world doing has much more significance than thinking does.
Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to think that God's name is Jehovah, that the Earth can and will be Paradise, that the dead are not tortured in hell, that the Bible can be practical for modern times, that Jesus is God's son, that there is no such thing as the trinity...........Those are all for thinking. They do preach about all that, but still those things are not able to change what a person does.

Some scripture IS ABLE to change what a person does. If a person believes Jesus' command is to be making disciples, that is what a loyal person believes should be done. If a person believes God says go to meetings, that is what a faithful person must do. If some people are able to spoil a faithful person's good habits, then he or she must learn who can do that and stay away from that kind.

I am certain that they are wrong about the DO and DON'T scriptures. That means they are not spot on, in my opinion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, OUCH!

Well hunny you DO have one heck of a point there!
Yes I do think the G.B. runs the show.
I was trying to be nice to all the J.W.'s here.
LOL I think they care nothing for nice. They care about hours and making people to agree with them.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 28:19 is being taught it means Jesus' command is to make disciples for Jesus. What does a disciple mean? It means to be a taught one. If someone believes in it their way it is likely he won't believe what it actually means which is to learn to listen to what the spirit says to the congregation.
Jesus is the teacher. I know they believe that. He teaches via the spirit, which they say isn't right.
They say the written word is what teaches. Is that not them denying Jesus? They are teaching people to deny Jesus.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If someone believes that bad associations are people like it is being taught, he will learn to avoid certain ones of his own opinion and he will learn to fear his standing in the congregation if he doesn't keep away from people HE thinks might cause his good will to spoil.

If he learns what it really means he will learn to keep his words in harmony with The Holy Spirit and he will learn to fear the Lord.

The way 1 Corinthians 15:33 is being taught causes people to fear bad people.

And bad people should not even exist as God's will is that ALL be saved and to knowledge come.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another one? :D

It is written that Jehovah hates. Can we all agree that something must exist for it to be hated?

Why is it written that Jehovah hates haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community?

Isn't it true that doing those things means a person doing them hates Jehovah? I think I can say truthfully that it is absolutely true that there are people hating Jehovah. We know it is real so there should be a warning for it. Also, to know that doing those things means hating Jehovah a person seeking Jehovah won't do them. Practical, I say!

Anyway, the way it is written teaches hate. What's wrong with teaching hate, do you think?