• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College...oh, college!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
OMG I got into Arizona State University, too!!!!!!!! Holy ****AKE MUSHROOMS!!! I can't believe I have a CHOICE between Arizona and California......I already accepted my admission to CSULA...and that is where I want to be...but now that I have a choice......what do you guys think?! Just wondering, but can you take back your acceptance to admission? Will they let you do that? I don't want to but...some of this does depend on money sooo...I gotta see where I can go that will give me more money!

:bounce

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
ASU is way more expensive but I think it's a better school, education-wise, than CSULA. Omg. I am gonna go nuts. First I was going nuts worrying I wouldn't get in anywhere and now I'm going nuts because I DID get in...to my FIRST two choices!!!! And I have to pick...I dunno...money is gonna be the thing that calls the shot, I think. BAH!!!!!!!!!! Haha, this is horrible...but horrible in the way that I have two really hot, awesome guys pining over me and I can't choose. Can't I have both?! Oh, life is so hard. :faint: :rolleyes: :p I kid, I kid.

Last edited:

Stellify

StarChild
ASU is way more expensive but I think it's a better school, education-wise, than CSULA. Omg. I am gonna go nuts. First I was going nuts worrying I wouldn't get in anywhere and now I'm going nuts because I DID get in...to my FIRST two choices!!!! And I have to pick...I dunno...money is gonna be the thing that calls the shot, I think. BAH!!!!!!!!!! Haha, this is horrible...but horrible in the way that I have two really hot, awesome guys pining over me and I can't choose. Can't I have both?! Oh, life is so hard. :faint: :rolleyes: :p I kid, I kid.

Haha!
I'm so happy for you :bounce

I'd wait and see which other schools accept you, and then make a decision. See which ones will give you more scholarships and financial aid, then go from there. :yes:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Haha!
I'm so happy for you :bounce

I'd wait and see which other schools accept you, and then make a decision. See which ones will give you more scholarships and financial aid, then go from there. :yes:

Thank you!!! :D

Well, I already accepted my admission to CSULA...because I was WAY excited and that IS my first choice and all but...it feels different now that I have a choice. Will they let you back out if you've already accepted admission? I really don't think I'm going to do that but, like a said, having a choice makes it different somehow....:areyoucraI like it! And hate it!

Stellify

StarChild
Thank you!!! :D

Well, I already accepted my admission to CSULA...because I was WAY excited and that IS my first choice and all but...it feels different now that I have a choice. Will they let you back out if you've already accepted admission? I really don't think I'm going to do that but, like a said, having a choice makes it different somehow....:areyoucraI like it! And hate it!

hehe It really is like two gorgeous guys goin' after you at the same time, eh? :p

I think they'll let you back out. But that may be up to each individual school. I can't imagine them throwing much of a fuss, though....I mean, stuff like that happens in college all the time!

But if that's the one you really want to go to, then don't back out unless you're SURE you want to go somewhere else.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
hehe It really is like two gorgeous guys goin' after you at the same time, eh? :p

I think they'll let you back out. But that may be up to each individual school. I can't imagine them throwing much of a fuss, though....I mean, stuff like that happens in college all the time!

But if that's the one you really want to go to, then don't back out unless you're SURE you want to go somewhere else.

Right! Yea, I am still going with CSULA. And I think once my mom hears the vast difference in tuition, she'll wanna go with it, too, hehe!

And I looked at ASU's site. Those people seem REALLY smart, like out of my league. I know I got accepted but I don't really think that means anything. I mean, it does but do you know what I mean? I feel like I won't be as smart as those people at all... Heh heh.:eek:

Stellify

StarChild
Right! Yea, I am still going with CSULA. And I think once my mom hears the vast difference in tuition, she'll wanna go with it, too, hehe!

And I looked at ASU's site. Those people seem REALLY smart, like out of my league. I know I got accepted but I don't really think that means anything. I mean, it does but do you know what I mean? I feel like I won't be as smart as those people at all... Heh heh.:eek:

lol Well, you should go somewhere you feel comfortable. Ideally, you'll be there until you finish your degree. Might as well enjoy it! :D

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
lol Well, you should go somewhere you feel comfortable. Ideally, you'll be there until you finish your degree. Might as well enjoy it! :D

True beans! I'm sticking with CSULA. It's WAY cheaper and I definitely think I'd be better off there. Plus, ASU admitted me as a Film & Media Production major...which is fine, but my focus is on TV, and CSULA admitted me for TV, Film & Media Studies. That way I can steer it more towards TV. So yea! Definitely a better fit, methinks! :yes:

Thanks for all the help...I do this kinda thing all the time...ya know, freak out unnecessarily. Usually it's all internally...:D

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Soooooo I got into the University of Texas at Arlington. Not that it matters because I already know where I'm going, but I feel like a smarty pants!! :p

Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying...I just didn't think I'd get in anywhere and I did! Woot! Indulge the nerdiness, I will! :p

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Hmm? People here use the words college and university synonymously. Is that what you were confused about?

stacey bo bacey said:
Meh. I figured I'd start this in case anyone is having the same woes as I. I graduated high school in 2005 but I'm just now getting around to transferring from my community college. Here are the schools that will get my application in the next couple weeks:

But you said you are just going to university but have already been at college?