• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College...oh, college!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Meh. I figured I'd start this in case anyone is having the same woes as I. I graduated high school in 2005 but I'm just now getting around to transferring from my community college. Here are the schools that will get my application in the next couple weeks:

Arizona State University (Tempe)
California State University: Los Angeles
Palm Beach Atlantic University (West Palm Beach, FL)
University of Arizona (Tucson)
University of Houston (Texas)
University of Texas at Arlington

So that's a LOT of money in application fees and I'm about to have a panic attack because I am just not prepared to wait to find out and omg.....:run:

And I mean.....ok I am like a friggin' bum. I think that's what they'll think. Watch me not get into ANY of the 6...ahh!!! Although I'm sure that won't happen because I used collegeboard.com to show me colleges whose acceptance rate is over 75%. :D :D :D Hehehe!!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Are those listed in order of your preference? Is the admission fee about $50 per school?

You probably already know this but some majors have a deadline for applying at some schools.

Stellify

StarChild
Ooh! Come to Texas! haha Woot! :D I think you would actually get along famously with my room mate....You two seem rather similar to me :p

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Are those listed in order of your preference? Is the admission fee about $50 per school?

You probably already know this but some majors have a deadline for applying at some schools.

Actually I didn't list em with a preference in mind but...looking at them now, that's kind of the way I'd want it. Cept I want CSU more than any of them. :D

Yea it's about $50-$65. That's the range I've seen.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Actually I didn't list em with a preference in mind but...looking at them now, that's kind of the way I'd want it. Cept I want CSU more than any of them. :D
Oh geeez. What's the tuition a year? My daughter goes to the University of Oregon and I'm always surprised it's so cheap....only about $6200 a year.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Ooh! Come to Texas! haha Woot! :D I think you would actually get along famously with my room mate....You two seem rather similar to me :p

Haha, woohoo cool beans! Well...Texas. Hmmm. I do love Texas but I'm hoping California or Arizona will be in my future. But I wouldn't apply to a school in TX unless I was 100% comfortable with the possibility of moving there so ahhh!! Who knows!! I don't!!!! :thud:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Oh geeez. What's the tuition a year? My daughter goes to the University of Oregon and I'm always surprised it's so cheap....only about $6200 a year.

Oh, CSU is the cheapest out of all of the ones I will be applying to. $13,831 is the price given for tuition and fees. But that doesn't include me living somewhere, having a car to put gas into, food, etc. But CSU is cheaper than the ones in Texas, even.

edit: I added together their room & board fee and estimate for books and supplies.....grand total of...$19,447. Ahh!! Good thing I ain't payin!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Oh, CSU is the cheapest out of all of the ones I will be applying to. $13,831 is the price given for tuition and fees. But that doesn't include me living somewhere, having a car to put gas into, food, etc. But CSU is cheaper than the ones in Texas, even.
Well, that's less than I expected to hear. Are you taking out loans?

Stellify

StarChild

edit: I added together their room & board fee and estimate for books and supplies.....grand total of...$19,447. Ahh!! Good thing I ain't payin!

Is that because you're from out-of-state? Because tuition for a full-load at UT Arlington is less than $4,000. Then books are extra. :areyoucra

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Are you sure you want to be that far from home? Do you have a major in mind?

Oh yea, I'm sure, haha. I do very well without my family driving me up the wall. A part of my extended family lives in Colorado so if I went out west, I would have them. Wouldn't be that close, but it seems better than if I were just completely stranded on the west coast.

I used collegeboard.com to weed through colleges. I chose public, 4-year, fairly inexpensive colleges who had both Radio/TV and Theatre Production. Radio/TV is definitely my major but I'm wondering about a double major or a minor in theatre.

Stellify

StarChild
Yea, I'm on the shabby east coast. :p I can't stay on this side of the states anymore. I'm going insane!

lol I don't blame you. And hey, if cash is ever an issue you can do what my roomie did.
She's originally from Illinois, but she wanted to stay in Tx for school for a while, so after the first year she got her state citizenship and saved TONS of cash on tuition.
I'm sure different states have different requirements for that sort of thing, but it would be worth looking into wherever you end up :)

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
lol I don't blame you. And hey, if cash is ever an issue you can do what my roomie did.
She's originally from Illinois, but she wanted to stay in Tx for school for a while, so after the first year she got her state citizenship and saved TONS of cash on tuition.
I'm sure different states have different requirements for that sort of thing, but it would be worth looking into wherever you end up :)

Oooh, cool! Yea, that would be great if I could get it after a year. I soooo need to look into that. Thank ya! :D :bounce