• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College...oh, college!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yea it doesn't show up on our either unless you're a dumb *** like me and withdrew after the deadline.
Yeah... for us, I think that was "I" for "incomplete".

8%?! How!?
Just like you said: I didn't care.

I did no homework, didn't participate in class and annoyed the teacher. In retrospect, I'm not really sure how I got as high a mark as I did.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Oh, I didn't see where you asked that. I've attempted like 70 something but I only have 51.
Oh sweetie, stop worrying...like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if you get accepted to all 5. :) Fifty college credits is significant and shows you're serious about higher education. You're a shoe in.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Oh sweetie, stop worrying...like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if you get accepted to all 5. :) Fifty college credits is significant and shows you're serious about higher education. You're a shoe in.

Hehe, thank you. I know, I'm trying to keep cool. I'm just behind EVERYONE in my high school class, it's been almost 4 years since I graduated...it's just that kinda thing that bugs me and makes me feel like a loser. :( But hey, at least I am on my way to fixing that! :D Woot! : hamster :

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hehe, thank you. I know, I'm trying to keep cool. I'm just behind EVERYONE in my high school class, it's been almost 4 years since I graduated...it's just that kinda thing that bugs me and makes me feel like a loser. :(
Enh.

I took a year off after high school to work, then signed up for a five-year program, which I took a year off partway through (long story... I was in a collision right before exams and my girlfriend at the time was injured, which was more than slightly distracting from schoolwork; my department chair gave me the choice between doing the term as normal or withdrawing without penalty and re-joining a year later... I figured that if I kept going, my mark would be low enough that I'd be kicked out of my program, so I withdrew). All in all, I finished just under 3 years behind most of the other people I went to high school with, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Stellify

StarChild
I took time off between high school and college, too. I graduated in '06, but I'm still only a sophomore in college. So no worries :D You're doing fine.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Meh. I figured I'd start this in case anyone is having the same woes as I. I graduated high school in 2005 but I'm just now getting around to transferring from my community college. Here are the schools that will get my application in the next couple weeks:

Arizona State University (Tempe)
California State University: Los Angeles
Palm Beach Atlantic University (West Palm Beach, FL)
University of Arizona (Tucson)
University of Houston (Texas)
University of Texas at Arlington

So that's a LOT of money in application fees and I'm about to have a panic attack because I am just not prepared to wait to find out and omg.....:run:

And I mean.....ok I am like a friggin' bum. I think that's what they'll think. Watch me not get into ANY of the 6...ahh!!! Although I'm sure that won't happen because I used collegeboard.com to show me colleges whose acceptance rate is over 75%. :D :D :D Hehehe!!

Arlington is a beautiful (and rich) campus. The city itself is also very functional for a student: plenty of clubs, sporting events, and an amusement park only a few miles away. I'm sure you'll be accepted to at least two. Arizona State and the University of Arizona seem like the hardest choices of them all. If for some bizarre reason you end up with nothing, I highly recommend my college - the University of North Texas (good school, terrible football team). There's a campus in Denton and Dallas - both of which aren't too far away from Arlington. The Denton campus is pretty inexpensive but it has some excellent professors and a nice environment - full of trees. And squirrels. That's such a rarity to see these days in North Texas.

Last edited:

Stellify

StarChild
Arlington is a beautiful (and rich) campus. The city itself is also very functional for a student: plenty of clubs, sporting events, and an amusement park only a few miles away. I'm sure you'll be accepted to at least two. Arizona State and the University of Arizona seem like the hardest choices of them all. If for some bizarre reason you end up with nothing, I highly recommend my college - the University of North Texas (good school, terrible football team). There's a campus in Denton and Dallas - both of which aren't too far away from Arlington. The Denton campus is pretty inexpensive but it has some excellent professors and a nice environment - full of trees. And squirrels. That's such a rarity to see these days in North Texas.

*eyes GeneCosta*
I've never met a single UNT student I liked :eek: :run:
Haha Although it's not as though I know all of them, so maybe there are a few exceptions! (and it would totally get cooler if Stacey went there, of course!) :p Although I absolutely love the area! Art Six (please tell me you've been there?) is one of my favorite places to go. And Wik has some great candles & incense :bounce The Tomato was also really good...but it's gone :sad4:
I used to go to that area fairly often to hang out with Ashley (Buttons*) when she lived in Argyle :yes:
I didn't know you were so close to me! I live really close to the old Cowboy's stadium.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Ha, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't interact with the students too much outside of my time on campus to really comment on how people are - I commute from the Lewisville area on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays are spent on online classes and writing. My main complaint about campus is the sheer number of smokers who blow and/or steer their "contrail of smoke into the face of the person next to them. :shrug: I've been to Art Six once, but none of those other places. I probably "meet" more people on campus than when I go out: I'll be reading some book and a stranger comes up to me and starts talking about it.

I didn't know you were so close either. Nor did I realize that you were friends with Buttons. :)

Last edited:

Stellify

StarChild
Ha, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't interact with the students too much outside of my time on campus to really comment on how people are - I commute from the Lewisville area on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays are spent on online classes and writing. My main complaint about campus is the sheer number of smokers who blow and/or steer their "contrail of smoke into the face of the person next to them. :shrug: I've been to Art Six once, but none of those other places. I probably "meet" more people on campus than when I go out: I'll be reading some book and a stranger comes up to me and starts talking about it.

I didn't know you were so close either. Nor did I realize that you were friends with Buttons. :)

Haha it's ok. Just a couple extra-distasteful characters. Although, as I said, that's my own personal experience. And it's only been a coupe of them.
Although...Come to think of it, I think my old friend Christina goes to UNT now..In which case, I should amend my previous insult of UNT :D
Ugh..tell me about it. At UD, everyone spends a semester in Rome. When they come back to the States, 90% of them have picked up smoking. EVERYONE at UD smokes. It's kind of ridiculous.
Art Six is amazing :D I love the paintings and sculptures they display. And their Butterbeer is fantastic! You should definitely make an effort to go again with someone. They have live music on some nights, and some of the tables in the back room have board games and stuff in them :bounce

Yep! Buttons* and I have known each other for about fourteen years now :D She's one of my closest friends. I miss her terribly. Did you ever get to actually meet her before she went off to New Zealand?

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
:D:tribal::punk::takeabow::trampo::clap2::woohoo:

I got into California State University, Los Angeles!!!!!!!!!

eeee!!!!

This school was my first choice......I gotta see how the financial aid works out and who else accepts me but ZOMG this is DEFINITELY where I wanna go...and they want me, too! They love me!!!!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
:punk::takeabow::trampo::clap2:
:tribal:
This school was my first choice......I gotta see how the financial aid works out and who else accepts me but ZOMG this is DEFINITELY where I wanna go...and they want me, too! They love m
That's wonderful! Yaaaaay! It was also a very, very fast acceptance! :D :monkey:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
That's wonderful! Yaaaaay! It was also a very, very fast acceptance! :D :monkey:

For realsies!!! I opened it up just thinking they were telling me something about...something and then it said...."Congratulations!! (yes with TWO !!s hehe) It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been granted admission to the Fall Quarter 2009..." blah blah blah AHHH!!!! :D :D :D

And thank you! :hug:

Nessa

Color Me Happy
grats and kool ! I was going to suggest that you visit the campuses to see if that helped with your decision, but it sounds like you have it all sorted out!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
grats and kool ! I was going to suggest that you visit the campuses to see if that helped with your decision, but it sounds like you have it all sorted out!

Haha well I've been to Southern California a lot on vacation...enough to know that I HAVE to live there! :p I've always been a Californian at heart. :hearts: Plus it's the best place to be for my major (Radio-TV). Thank you, though. :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
For realsies!!! I opened it up just thinking they were telling me something about...something and then it said...."Congratulations!! (yes with TWO !!s hehe) It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been granted admission to the Fall Quarter 2009..." blah blah blah AHHH!!!! :D :D :D

And thank you! :hug:
I still hold to my prediction that you'll be accepted to all 5 (?) you applied to. :D