• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians..... you are not the saviors of the world.

Bob the Unbeliever

Ignorance is no excuse. The truth is out there, it's just that the tribe rejects it. The tribe rejects everything....

Sure! For a certain value of "truth". You see a certain kind of "truth" with respect to the bible. And I see a very different perspective.

In my case, it's not so much as a rejection, as it is being insistent on not taking the word of anyone without proof.

On a side note, these uncontacted people are very interesting to me. For instance, I'm curious how 30,000 years of inbreeding has not caused deformities or other problematic birth defects..

They don't have any left. If you look at how puppies are bread, for example, the quickest way to eliminate negative traits (including defects) is to re-breed within the line frequently. Then you cull the nulls you don't want, which reinforces the traits you do want. These people were doing that to themselves for some 60,000 years. It's doubtful they have any deadly deformities left in their genetics. Of course, we don't know how draconian they are with respect to non-fatal defects-- they may well be as brutal with their offspring as they are with outsiders.

"It’s estimated that there are between just 50 and 150 Sentinelese People, according to the BBC"
An Untouched Tribe Killed the Missionary Trying to Convert Them

A very small pool of genes, to be sure. See above.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What kind of sick, demented culture assassinates all people not within their group? These people are worse than the blood thirsty Aztecs. Their culture is pure trash.

Perhaps they can't help it. Perhaps they're genetically related to Trump, and they think of us as an approaching caravan of thugs and criminals that requires a military response.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think these people have a right to self-governance and determination that transcends the rights of others to immigrate to their island, or even visit it. Just as I think Americans have a right to self-governance and determination that transcends the rights of others to immigrate to America or even visit it.

In the case of the Islanders, and given the dismal record of indigenous people's everywhere when it comes to outside contact with technologically advanced cultures, they are probably wise to avoid contact.

In the case of Americans, our nation benefits tremendously from immigration and tourism and we would probably be wise to encourage both.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The kind of people who have had prior experiences with Europeans, which resulted in several of their tribal elders basically being kidnapped and dying en route to Europe, and outbreaks of disease on their island? Plus the fact that they speak a language that nobody else on the planet knows because they've been cut off from the outside world for about 60,000 years?

I hypothesize that they are blood drinkers, and that the two elders suffered from blood withdrawal. I think they are constantly giving birth, which explains the beach orgies, and the birth defects that result from the inbreeding is their source of their much needed blood to drink, from which they have become physically dependent, after thousands of years.

ecco

Veteran Member
What kind of sick, demented culture assassinates all people not within their group? These people are worse than the blood thirsty Aztecs. Their culture is pure trash.
Of course their culture is trash. They are uneducated savages.

They are not at all like the good Spanish Catholics who stole money and property from mostly Jewish heathens who would not accept Jesus.

They are not at all like the good European Catholics who initiated and carried out the witch hunts that killed tens of thousands of people, mainly women.

They are not at all like the good European Catholics who killed their Protestant counterparts when the political climate swung their way.

You asked "what kind of sick, demented culture assassinates all people not within their group?" It seems Catholics do.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Of course their culture is trash. They are uneducated savages.

They are not at all like the good Spanish Catholics who stole money and property from mostly Jewish heathens who would not accept Jesus.

They are not at all like the good European Catholics who initiated and carried out the witch hunts that killed tens of thousands of people, mainly women.

They are not at all like the good European Catholics who killed their Protestant counterparts when the political climate swung their way.

You asked "what kind of sick, demented culture assassinates all people not within their group?" It seems Catholics do.

No..!?! It was only after the Germanics sacked Rome that Catholicism became brutal. Just as Constantinople was genuinely good until the Arabs sacked them.

Also, please note that Latino countries are no longer allowed to have powerful militaries because Spanish descendants cannot handle a powerful military because they go too far... That's what a Mexican friend of mine told me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There were no smileys or winks because I'm dead serious. :cool:
Poe's law is about being unable to tell if one is joking because the statement is outrageously extreme or stupid, but at the same time not surprising because there are people making outrageously extreme or stupid arguments all the time. Like your contribution to this thread thus far.

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't see why @ADigitalArtist won't acknowledge that the British banned the practice and that this was an example of a good result of colonization. Of course there are negative aspects of colonization as I have said many times.

I'm referring to when the British changed the law in India to make the practice of burning widows alive against the law.

You want to talk about how colonializtion killed over 35 million Indian citizens

As a curious bystander, I wonder if one outweighs the other.

Colonization killed over 35 million Indian citizens.

Colonization saved _____________ widows from being burned.

Could you be good enough to fill in the blank.

Cooky

Veteran Member
If you are trying to be sarcastic, it's not working.

If you are being serious, anything I would say would get me banned from RF. You are not worth it.

Yeah, well you're not worth the $.10 of internet service required to read your posts!

ecco

Veteran Member
What's special about the Setinelese people is that they have wild sex orgies on the beach. This is a fact! And I'm pretty sure they're not using protection.

The full story of the sex-crazed tribe cut off from the world for 30,000 years | Daily Mail Online
they have feasted on wild pig, clams, berries and honey, engaged in energetic communal sex sessions on the beach and repelled pretty much every visitor (well-meaning or threatening) with a flurry of poison arrows and razor sharp machetes.

So it wasn’t such a surprise last weekend when John Allen Chau, a 26-year-old American Christian missionary-cum-thrill-seeking explorer who visited the island was felled by a poison arrow and then dragged round the white sand beaches by a piece of twine until he was dead.
You are quoting The Daily Mail - really? If that is your go-to source for information, then it becomes clear why you think the way you do.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Poe's law is about being unable to tell if one is joking because the statement is outrageously extreme or stupid, but at the same time not surprising because there are people making outrageously extreme or stupid arguments all the time. Like your contribution to this thread thus far.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You are quoting The Daily Mail - really? If that is your go-to source for information, then it becomes clear why you think the way you do.

So you doubt the validity of the beach orgy sessions and the violent penis shaking towards intruders?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Yep. And I'm entitled to point out when they're a garbage fire.

tenor-3.gif

Rational Agnostic

As a curious bystander, I wonder if one outweighs the other.

Colonization killed over 35 million Indian citizens.

Colonization saved _____________ widows from being burned.

Could you be good enough to fill in the blank.

The second question is purely hypothetical and thus unanswerable. The point is that native cultures are often barbaric and cruel (Aztecs are another example), and colonization civilizes (yes I said "civilizes") cultures that are desperately in need of civilizing. Of course, I believe that the violence committed by European colonizers against natives is also certainly wrong. I'm just not ignoring the benefits either.

ecco

Veteran Member
I'm really getting tired of the smug, self-righteous anti-Christianity as exhibited by the OP. On this forum and others. Using this incident to denounce Christians as a whole is as fallacious as using the protests of the Westboro Baptist Church to do the same.

I, for one, have not denounced Christianity as a whole in regards to this incident. I have denounced holier than thou evangelicals who feel they have a right to intrude on other's beliefs.

Secondly, as idiotic as this man's actions were, he's still a human being who died a tragic and unnecessary death.
You're right. It was unnecessary. But I get the feeling that you blame the Islanders for his death. The blame clearly rests with the individual who broke many laws and the organization that supported his mission.

If you're temped to gloat over the "stupid Christian's" death then frankly you ought to be the last to lecture anyone about hatred and bigotry.
It was beyond stupid. Chau knew it was illegal but chose to ignore man's laws and follow what he believed was god's laws.

But really, what's all the fuss about? If his beliefs were right and his god is real, he's sitting up there with his god right now. If not, well then, he got what he deserved.

Rational Agnostic

Count the number of species that have gone extinct within the past 10,000 or so years, and then get back to me. If the Islanders were going to go extinct due to natural selection, they sure are taking their time.

It's not about raw numbers. It's about the ratio of extinctions to non-extinctions. Compare the ratio of animals that have been around for 10K years and animals that have gone extinct during that time with the ratio of animals that have been around for say, 500K years, and animals that have gone extinct during that time and then get back to me.