• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China might be in big trouble

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Tekst-link:
China to bring in law against food waste with fines for promoting overeating

Video-link:

We all know that China knows how to earn money ... the biggest business in the world is about consumption. The more you eat (consume) the more money will be made.

China banning over consumption of food proves they are in huge trouble

I wish people would also reduce the waste of plastic, military waste, production of things made to last a short amount of time, where it would be possible to last for ever and so much more. The whole world has become a "waste bin".

Don't waste food is very good. Saves our nature, economy, health in the long run

Questions that come to mind:
What do you think, is this a good initiative of China?
Should the rest of the world also start working on this?
Should banning be extended to other "waste" products also?
Should the world work on this together, like with the Corona pandemic?
IF China has this food trouble does it mean it's a problem of the whole world (soon)?
Excess eating is a habit, so it is an addiction; is stopping "cold turkey" the right way?

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member

Tekst-link:

Video-link:

We all know that China knows how to earn money ... the biggest business in the world is about consumption. The more you eat (consume) the more money will be made.

I wish people would also reduce the waste of plastic, military waste, production of things made to last a short amount of time, where it would be possible to last for ever and so much more. The whole world has become a "waste bin".

Don't waste food is very good. Saves our nature, economy, health in the long run

Question: What do you think, is this a good initiative of China? Should the rest of the world also start working on this? Extending it to other "waste" products?

It would not be a minute too soon.

Note that there was massive crop failure.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The thread title immediately brought this to mind...

rl5V1FpEwK2gsyD9dbvv149Eo3xRsn91mFH8lJVxZsEkgNuyYOJh-rIaccfcNq73eqUF0GGlaze6zVTOoK8f_WTgU1je2ULWrT4FgjBy091boz_0O1Fv4s7jOI-FLlCKYo-u5NXaHqcnVbz0ATO5rxBs

epronovost

Of course if you have a problem of food production and distribution that can cause localised famine or threaten your society, fighting against waste is extremely important. Not doing so would be tantamount of commiting suicide. My only question is how draconian are going to be those laws and how they are going to be enforced. The devil is in the details.

stvdv

Of course if you have a problem of food production and distribution that can cause localised famine or threaten your society, fighting against waste is extremely important. Not doing so would be tantamount of commiting suicide. My only question is how draconian are going to be those laws and how they are going to be enforced. The devil is in the details.
Many Chinese have a smartwatch counting the calories you eat, and probably many have a smartphone too, sending this info to their Big Brother:D

Audie

Veteran Member
Many Chinese have a smartwatch counting the calories you eat, and probably many have a smartphone too, sending this info to their Big Brother:D
Sheesh, its not that bad.

Actually, in many ways China is less regulated than the US.

ETA, some interesting perspective on China from
"SERPENTENZA " on YouTube

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

Tekst-link:

Video-link:

Questions that come to mind:
What do you think, is this a good initiative of China?
Should the rest of the world also start working on this?
Should banning be extended to other "waste" products also?
Should the world work on this together, like with the Corona pandemic?
IF China has this food trouble does it mean it's a problem of the whole world (soon)?
Excess eating is a habit, so it is an addiction; is stopping "cold turkey" the right way?
With the world population still growing and climate change about to cause severe problems we'll have to rethink food production, consumption and distribution all over the world.

stvdv

With the world population still growing and climate change about to cause severe problems we'll have to rethink food production, consumption and distribution all over the world.
Yes, I agree. And I think what China does is a good step in the right direction. At least they start at the root: "stop wasting".

In Holland they started also. Supermarkets give away (or at a very reduced price) food just before the date that they otherwise have to throw it away

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Ever since we discovered that the Earth was not flat but round, some have tried to emulate such - with some nations leading more than others. :oops:

Trumpty-Dumpty.JPG

Trumpty Dumpty. :D

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes, I agree. And I think what China does is a good step in the right direction. At least they start at the root: "stop wasting".

In Holland they started also. Supermarkets give away (or at a very reduced price) food just before the date that they otherwise have to throw it away
We have the reduced price items also but there are legal fights over giving food away that is beyond the best-before date, food rests from restaurants and "dumpster diving".
Food safety laws preventing people from eating at all - there is something wrong.

stvdv

We have the reduced price items also but there are legal fights over giving food away that is beyond the best-before date, food rests from restaurants and "dumpster diving".
Food safety laws preventing people from eating at all - there is something wrong.
In Holland they are not allowed to give food away that is beyond the "best before date". So, they give it on the "best before date usually"

Indeed there is something very wrong. It is total lack of gratitude for food/energy provided by "Mother Earth" to start with

But it's also short term vision (IF I make money abusing the Earth resources THEN I don't care about the future)