• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't Stomach Either Political Party After Tonight

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I thought before tonight that I was a firm Democratic voter. However, after bearing months long the 3 Pillars by which the Party was going to be defined, tonight was the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me. I will not be voting Democrat or Republican. I will be checking out what is available that best represents American values.

As an independent voter I thought it was a rather good production last night. I liked Hilary's better last year but Hillary herself made me vote Libertarian. The 2 main parties after the republican and democrats are Libertarian and Green Party they would have the best shot at upsetting the election. If you do join a 3rd party, they need funding and workers to win so prepare to support them. If not why bother just do vote. I gave money, handed out pamphlets and put up yard signs supporting the Libertarian last election and they got less than 2% of the vote in my state, just so you know what your up against.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought before tonight that I was a firm Democratic voter. However, after bearing months long the 3 Pillars by which the Party was going to be defined, tonight was the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me. I will not be voting Democrat or Republican. I will be checking out what is available that best represents American values.
@Revoltingest introduce her to the Lib. Party...

Terry Sampson

Before the DNC Convention 2020 rollout last night, I was a confirmed Democrat and firm supporter of the Biden-Harris ticket. Nothing said last night modified or shifted my position. That said, my decision was encouraged by the Republicans who came out last night in favor of Biden & Harris, especially by the statement of a Republican whom I esteem highly: John Kasich. IMO, if a rational and reasonable person like Kasich can "cross the aisle" in support of Biden, I consider that a substantial positive reflection on the Biden-Harris ticket.

Daemon Sophic

Before the DNC Convention 2020 rollout last night, I was a confirmed Democrat and firm supporter of the Biden-Harris ticket. Nothing said last night modified or shifted my position. That said, my decision was encouraged by the Republicans who came out last night in favor of Biden & Harris, especially by the statement of a Republican whom I esteem highly: John Kasich. IMO, if a rational and reasonable person like Kasich can "cross the aisle" in support of Biden, I consider that a substantial positive reflection on the Biden-Harris ticket.

I really wish that I could give more than one Winner frubal to that ad. Everyone should watch it, even if they’ve seen it already.
tenor.gif

Rizdek

I, too, am wondering what happened that was so earth shattering. I certainly have problems with some of the planks of the Democratic platform and I'm ok with many things that Trump has done/is doing. But overall, I'd prefer someone else in the white house and the only option is Biden. So, I guess I wouldn't care much what was said at this or that convention, I'm voting Biden.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Since the theme here appears to be personal testimony, I can't stomach the supercilious complicit.

Daemon Sophic

how terrible?
bet his wallet is thick

I bet he pays taxes more than his salary as president

oh wait.....his tax forms have been held out of public view?
So you’re voting for the spoiled, and snobby elitist who inherited his wealth.

BTW - He is withholding his own tax forms and financial statements, nobody else is. He is withholding them even though he said that he would reveal them after winning in 2016. What has been leaked and confirmed by him is that he pays very little (or no) taxes, due to claims of his prior bankruptcies in his failed “businesses”.

Just sayin’. :rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Join the club. Both me and my better half are leaving the Republican party next year.

For now both of us have joined the GeorgeCarlin no vote party!

I'm considering joining SAM, a small but established big tent party of both ex Republicans and ex Democrats here in New York.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well, I don't think anyone fell for the OP. Maybe one day we'll figure out what happened in the beginning of the DNC convention that caused this Democrat to leave the party for good. =)
The decision of the OP appears to have happened in the first 30 minutes of the convention. That's before anyone spoke.

I am surprised that no one here has objected to the 3 pillars of the Democratic party. It has to be due to all the months of myopic evening political news commentating on MSNBC. I watched it every evening myself and I always was waiting for them to comment on something else besides one of these 3 things every night. They never did.

Finally, the night came where if they were going to focus on something else, it would be now. Nope.

The Republican Party ideologically left me in 2000. Now the Democratic Party has ideologically left me.

I absolutely will not go for an organization that is pro-open borders or open immigration. Not that I don't sympathize with those going through the ordeal, but because I don't see any country surviving very long by allowing such a thing. Therefore my options are extremely few. This was not one of my reasons for leaving the Dem party though. If anyone cannot name the 3 pillars of that party now after having been subjected to the propaganda every night for months on end, then in my opinion they are no better off than the Trump supporters.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I am surprised that no one here has objected to the 3 pillars of the Democratic party. It has to be due to all the months of myopic evening political news commentating on MSNBC. I watched it every evening myself and I always was waiting for them to comment on something else besides one of these 3 things every night. They never did.
What are the 3 pillars, which ones weren't met in the first 30 minutes of the convention? How do you know something didn't change in the remaining 2 hours?
The Republican Party ideologically left me in 2000. Now the Democratic Party has ideologically left me.
What ideology did you take issue with Republicans? Which ideology did you take issue with Democrats? Pillars?
I absolutely will not go for an organization that is pro-open borders or open immigration.
There goes the Libertarian party.
Not that I don't sympathize with those going through the ordeal, but because I don't see any country surviving very long by allowing such a thing.
Good, because no one is advocating whatever your definition of "open borders" is.
Therefore my options are extremely few. This was not one of my reasons for leaving the Dem party though
Correct, this election is America vs Trump.
If anyone cannot name the 3 pillars of that party now after having been subjected to the propaganda every night for months on end, then in my opinion they are no better off than the Trump supporters.
I've never heard of these "3 pillars" you talk about. We're on page 2 and you still haven't explained for everyone. Need more details.
I don't watch MSNBC, that's most likely my problem. I watch Fox 90% of the time.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Correct, this election is America vs Trump.
..or in other words what the Democrat party message is "We can do whatever we want. Trump is the only alternative, so we're not going to compromise." The mistake is that, just like last election they assumed that they could get enough electoral votes even without compromising. Its always voters who are asked to compromise and choose lesser evils.

Tambourine

Honestly, I still don't know what's going on, or even what @Babygirl2010 's problem with the US Democratic party is.

Is this how it's going to be from here on out until US Presidential elections are finished?