• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't Stomach Either Political Party After Tonight

I thought before tonight that I was a firm Democratic voter. However, after bearing months long the 3 Pillars by which the Party was going to be defined, tonight was the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me. I will not be voting Democrat or Republican. I will be checking out what is available that best represents American values.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Will it be Wal-Mart or Burger King?

This(or the last) election isn't making me terribly optimistic either.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I will go with Trump

there are faults to be noted in any candidate

but he is at least a business man
and America is an economically based society

Biden is likely not to survive
and the VP will then rule

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I thought before tonight that I was a firm Democratic voter. However, after bearing months long the 3 Pillars by which the Party was going to be defined, tonight was the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me. I will not be voting Democrat or Republican. I will be checking out what is available that best represents American values.

What caused you to change your mind? I'm curious? I stay off the airwaves (TV/Radio) most days.

Terry Sampson

Based on those criteria, there's a middle-aged, single-mother who lives in an apartment down the street from me, who makes and sells meat-filled tacos from about 8 p.m. till 3 a.m. nightly, who would make a better president.
He only needs to survive until about 1:00 p.m. EST on January 20th, 2021. If he kicks off after that, the VP becomes President, usually in less than a day, I think.
"Rule"???
U.S. Civics wasn't exactly your "forte" in school, was it?
In the event of a President's death, the existing VP is sworn in as President and gets to pick a VP.
Being a VP following a President's death is not a long-term career option in the U.S.

Daemon Sophic

Based on those criteria, there's a middle-aged, single-mother who lives in an apartment down the street from me, who makes and sells meat-filled tacos from about 8 p.m. till 3 a.m. nightly, who would make a better president.

He only needs to survive until about 1:00 p.m. EST on January 20th, 2021. If he kicks off after that, the VP becomes President, usually in less than a day, I think.

"Rule"???
U.S. Civics wasn't exactly your "forte" in school, was it?
In the event of a President's death, the existing VP is sworn in as President and gets to pick a VP.
Being a VP following a President's death is not a long-term career option in the U.S.
What happens if the Dems win, and Biden kicks the bucket in late November 2019?

What caused you to change your mind? I'm curious? I stay off the airwaves (TV/Radio) most days.
The Democratic National Convention started tonight. I had been a Democrat since 2000. Tonight was truly sickening for me to watch. So I didn't watch it very long and concluded that I was not voting for either Biden nor Trump.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
The Democratic National Convention started tonight. I had been a Democrat since 2000. Tonight was truly sickening for me to watch. So I didn't watch it very long and concluded that I was not voting for either Biden nor Trump.

What was sickening about it, specifically? Bearing in mind that you were a "firm Democratic voter" before tonight, I'm curious.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Just curious... What about it was it that was sickening?

I didn't watch. Politics tend to give me gas.

Daemon Sophic

I will go with Trump

there are faults to be noted in any candidate

Why?
Yes, any human candidate will have faults. Biden is not progressive enough for some, but he is a good and (relative for politicians) honest man. Trump is a pathological liar and psychologically damaged narcissist, in the running from 2015 onward simply to profit from the celebrity.

Trump is a repeatedly failed businessman, who would be richer today if he had simply put his daddy’s millions into the stock market, rather than running corrupt real-estate deals (and probable money laundering schemes - we’ll see in court after he is oustered).

What are your reasons for disliking Harris?

Daemon Sophic

That tells us nothing. Both parties hold conventions every election year.

Tonight the Dems discussed unity, and the need to halt the slow-motion train-wreck that is the party of spoiled elitist boy tRump.
Were you not aware of how these things go?

epronovost

I'm curious to hear what was the breakingg point for the OP too. Those conventions are usually a bland rally of slogans and cliché speaches. I wonder what policy broke the camel's back.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

No reason for your change of heart? Are you sure you were that committed in the first place?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So honor, decency, obeying the law, caring about people does not represent "American values" to you. And you don't see any difference between a narcissistic criminal and someone both conservative Republicans and Bernie Sanders endorsed.