• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada pays 8 million dollars to terrorist!

Bob Jones

Prove It!
No it can't. That too is illegal as per paragraph 11g of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. If it did the government it would be an open display of tyranny.
HA HA..You sound like a Breixt supporter! Just kidding. Parliament in any common law country can amend civil laws at its will.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's foolish to believe that any soldier should not protect themselves from any one of any age trying to kill them.

"Let's go overseas to invade a country, steal its oil, commit war crimes, kill hundreds of thousands and count them as 'collateral damage,' and then complain and play the victim when one of the natives there tries to kill us."

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"Let's go overseas to invade a country, steal its oil, commit war crimes, kill hundreds of thousands and count them as 'collateral damage,' and then complain and play the victim when one of the natives there tries to kill us."

Who's complaining? The soldiers did exactly what they were supposed to do.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So now you're saying the 15 year old was a combatant? Well, there goes his rights.
The Taliban was the government of Afghanistan at the time. Khadr was a soldier.

A soldier fighting for a scumbag government that didn't mind using child soldiers, but still a soldier.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
A minor... With a grenade and intent to kill
Maybe in your world little children are just innocent little sacks of love, to many veterans now and past children and minors were/are just as capable of killing as an adult.
And very often, because they have been mentally prepped by their parents. This does appear to have been the case with the minor Omar Khadr, whose father was closely affiliated with Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

It is also true that, during his 10 year incarceration at Guantanamo, Khadr's rights under Canada's Constitution and Charter of Rights and Freedoms were violated, and this was tested in a Canadian court, which resulted in the payment of $10.5 million (Canadian dollars).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So, again, was the 15 year old a combatant or not?
Of course he was a combatant. So were the American soldiers.

There are many classes of combatant. "Combatant" does not necessarily mean "unlawful combatant" or "unprivileged combatant."

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Of course he was a combatant. So were the American soldiers.

There are many classes of combatant. "Combatant" does not necessarily mean "unlawful combatant" or "unprivileged combatant."

So wouldn't being a combatant negate his civilian rights?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Now your just talking in circles.
Your failure to grasp my point doesn't mean I don't have one.

Combatants have no constitutional rights. And even if this were true, whose constitution would he fall under?
Combatants have rights under the Geneva Conventions, and American forces are subject to the limits of the American Constitution.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
He gave up his "children" status the second he pulled the pin on that grenade...
Um, nope. That's not how biology works either.

I'm also assuming he didn't give up his "human" status, so the point is that he is still entitled to his human rights.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How about the murdered soldier? What about his rights?
Murdered? I thought this was war.

Did he have a right to go over there and kill strangers? How about the rights of the people he was trying to kill?

The soldier chose to join an organization dedicated to killing and destruction. He went over there to do just that. He was the initial aggressor.
If he had done this in his own home town he would have been condemned. What's wrong at home is wrong abroad. Morality is not defined by borders.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
I thought America went to Afghanistan to fight the root cause of the 9/11 attacks. Do you support terrorism?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Murdered? I thought this was war.

Did he have a right to go over there and kill strangers? How about the rights of the people he was trying to kill?

The soldier chose to join an organization dedicated to killing and destruction. He went over there to do just that. He was the initial aggressor.
If he had done this in his own home town he would have been condemned. What's wrong at home is wrong abroad. Morality is not defined by borders.
Sgt. Speer didn't commit any crimes that I'm aware of. His death was a tragedy. It's just that not all tragedies are criminal acts under the law.