• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can the Soul be transferred to a human clone?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
As has been mentioned, a clone of an individual is not that same individual - that's not how it works, biologically.

I suppose if you consider the "soul" to be the things that shape the individual beyond that cloning process - the influence of life experience, the influence of the environment, the influence of relationships, the influence of memories, the precise history of gene expression, - I mean... I guess, maybe?

PureX

Veteran Member
Since we can't really "clone" a human, and we have no idea what a "soul" actually is, it's very unlikely that we will ever be able to put a soul into a clone.

So far, what we would label a human 'clone' is really just a twin born later. Which would already have it's own "soul".

So ...

David1967

Premium Member
People speculate that when we die our soul leaves our body.

Where it goes is anybody's guess.

But, what if an exact human clone is made after the original

body dies…..does the soul return?

The reason I ask is from the NDE stories I’ve read that the

soul leaves a dead body, and it returns when the body is revived.

Now, since a clone is an exact copy down to the DNA level,

the new clone body is now alive and the soul should return

as in NDE examples.

Consequently, if you believe in NDE’s, this sounds perfectly

plausible.

Also, if this works, could this be a way to achieve immortality?
Personally, I would think that the clone would have its own soul.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I, in my true nature, am already immortal. I'm unattached to this relative reality, so I have no reason to want to remain embodied past this body/mind's expiration date.
But like it or not, what constitutes you (or me) will be embodied somewhere in somethings (living or non-living) - since we are eternal, what constitutes us has to assume some form or the other.
I just think that cloning is not something that God condones. He doesn't approve of that.
So I don't think He grants a soul to a cloned organism.
The cloned sheep (Dolly) was very much alive. If Allah did not approve of it, Dolly would not have come into existence.

Last edited:

JJ_Adams

UPDATE POST: 10-22-2023

To expand on my hypothesis regarding soul transfer to a cloned body,
here’s another example I would like to add to the conversation.

Let’s say a billionaire, anticipating his eventual death, had a cloned
body made of himself and let it develop to the age of eighteen years old.

The body was created in a test-tube environment and kept in an embryonic
state like a baby in the womb.

At the time of death, the cloned body would be animated and allowed to come to life.

Now, based on NDE allegories I’ve read, and the “non-local consciousness” theory, the
soul should return to this new cloned body with the original memories and personality.

I’m not talking from a religious perspective, but from a quantum physics – quantum entanglement point-of-view.

Consequently, if you're a believer in modern science / physics, this
should work.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
UPDATE POST: 10-22-2023

To expand on my hypothesis regarding soul transfer to a cloned body,
here’s another example I would like to add to the conversation.

Let’s say a billionaire, anticipating his eventual death, had a cloned
body made of himself and let it develop to the age of eighteen years old.

The body was created in a test-tube environment and kept in an embryonic
state like a baby in the womb.

At the time of death, the cloned body would be animated and allowed to come to life.

Now, based on NDE allegories I’ve read, and the “non-local consciousness” theory, the
soul should return to this new cloned body with the original memories and personality.

I’m not talking from a religious perspective, but from a quantum physics – quantum entanglement point-of-view.

Consequently, if you're a believer in modern science / physics, this
should work.
You have several people in this thread. This is a discussion forum. Were you planning on participating in any discussion, or are you just here to post blog-style posts?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No. Even in indentical twins, brains are different. Have you heard of Heisenberg's 'Principle of Uncertainty'?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Does one really want to make things more complicated for God than already exists - at Heavens Gate? If one assumed memories were not so related to the physical, try to remove so many of the seemingly harmful ones. When achieved, make a killing in the therapy industry. :oops:

justaguy313

Premium Member
The commonly held belief that people hold about the soul is that every person is born with a soul and that soul remains with a person until death. It is only at death that the soul leaves the body. The reality is that the soul can enter into a human being at birth, during childhood, adulthood, or even old age. A soul can also leave a human being before the death of the human’s body. A soul can leave a human being and they remain alive for a number of years, even decades. This is what the people of old knew. The soul travels from one body to another through the process of reincarnation, or it can travel from body to body through the process of transmigration. In order to make understanding easier for the reader
let us define the following terms:

1. Reincarnation: Rebirth of the soul into a new human body.

2. Transmigration: The movement of the soul from one human body with or without death to
another already living human without experiencing the process of birth.

3. Maskh: The rebirth of the human soul as an animal.

4. Raskh: The transmigration of the human soul from a human to an inanimate object such as a
rock or stone.

5. Faskh: The transmigration of the human soul from a human to a plant or tree .

Although these concepts are widely rejected by mainstream Judeo-Christian and Islamic schools of thought, these concepts have always been part of the teachings of the Prophets and Messengers (PBUT). These concepts are easily found within the Torah, Gospels, and Qur’an as well as within the narrations of the Prophets of these religions. While the mainstream orthodoxy of each of these Abrahamic faiths have neglected, minimized, or rejected these concepts outright, many Gnostic sects within them have kept these ideas alive.

-Goal of the wise, door number 10 by Aba Sadiq from him is peace, page 146

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

as in NDE examples.

plausible.

Nothing is plausible whatsoever there. Souls don't exist.

Endure

as in NDE examples.

plausible.

Since it is not a work of God, nor anything He would ever condone, I believe only the consciousness is transferred, not the soul.

Thereby damning the individual who takes part in a procedure such as this.

Now, about those whose consciousness is forced into a cloned body against their will, or even those who consciousness is uploaded to a quantum computer without their consent ... that is another question.

Would God still accept them and their soul or would He never allow a saved, sanctified individual to end up in this predicament to begin with?

That's a thinker.

Tamino

as in NDE examples.

plausible.

Actually, the Egyptians tried this already 4000 years ago. Not with a clone, but with a mummy or a Ka-statue.

When a person dies, the Ka leaves the body. But if you are rich enough to afford mummification or to have an image of yourself made from stone or wood, you can offer this new or preserved body to your Ka, as an alternative home. Then you can live forever... or until the Brits come and ship you to London and unwrap you as party entertainment.

So yes, if you can build clone body, you could indeed try to transfer your Ka into it upon death. It just takes a simple 75-step ceremony and a calf's leg, no biggie. :D

The problem with a clone, as has been mentioned: if you make a new body, Khnum might get the bright idea to fashion a Ka-soul for that new body... and then by the time you need your clone, it already has its own soul.
And the Egyptians never tried to use some poor persons body, push their Ka out, and reuse it for some rich dude... that's, like, REALLY against Ma'at.

Now, if we could build an android body and use that instead of a Ka-Statue or mummy... I am trying to imagine it now... kind of sounds like an excellent plot for a horror movie. I mean... my ancestor shrine is already crowded with photos. If they all have moving, talking bodies, where would I put them all??