• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can the Soul be transferred to a human clone?

JJ_Adams

People speculate that when we die our soul leaves our body.

Where it goes is anybody's guess.

But, what if an exact human clone is made after the original

body dies…..does the soul return?

The reason I ask is from the NDE stories I’ve read that the

soul leaves a dead body, and it returns when the body is revived.

Now, since a clone is an exact copy down to the DNA level,

the new clone body is now alive and the soul should return

as in NDE examples.

Consequently, if you believe in NDE’s, this sounds perfectly

plausible.

Also, if this works, could this be a way to achieve immortality?

rocala

Welcome to the forum JJ.

Should souls actually exist, I would suggest that it might be the case that a cloned human gets its own soul.

That would depend on the nature of souls. It could be seen as prohibiting the soul from its natural life cycle, whatever that may be.
I believe that most people who believe in souls see that as immortality.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If the Lord breathes into it, I suppose.
(Cannot tell you exactly since I am an atheist)
A clone will already have a soul. Without a soul, no division of cells.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
As I see it, the fate of the "soul" depends on one's karma.

I, in my true nature, am already immortal. I'm unattached to this relative reality, so I have no reason to want to remain embodied past this body/mind's expiration date.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
From my view, the soul (whom we are) has the body. So the entire idea having a soul is false. The soul has the ego, mind, and body, albeit temporarily. As to a clone, the soul would have to want, or create this new physical body, in a different way, that of test-tube cloning. So it would be an unfamiliar process, but might be stumbled on by accident, just as really confuses souls might enter a higher order mammal in certain circumstances.

MikeF

Premium Member
People speculate that when we die our soul leaves our body.

Where it goes is anybody's guess.

The reason I ask is from the NDE stories I’ve read that the

soul leaves a dead body, and it returns when the body is revived.

Now, since a clone is an exact copy down to the DNA level,

the new clone body is now alive and the soul should return

as in NDE examples.

Consequently, if you believe in NDE’s, this sounds perfectly

plausible.

Identical twins are clones. If, after the first division of the fertilized egg, the two cells separate, one becomes a clone of the other. How does that fact fit in with your concept of a soul?

rocala

If I were to clone myself, it cannot be another me, it would be no different than an identical twin.
I'm not sure about this Mike. My understanding is that if you were cloned, the child at the time of its birth, would genetically be the same age as the cell which fertilised the egg.

I should imagine this presents considerable problems concerning health and longevity.

I recall reading something along these lines after the "Dolly the Sheep experiment". Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

Sargonski

Where does God keep them when they're not being used?

In heaven of course :) What a silly question that was :) Har har .. funny fellow. When you die, your soul goes back to heaven .. do you not remember the song they played when you went through the pearly gates the last time ? ... Oh right .. forgot .. one of those rules they have in heaven ... You see, in heaven there are are millions of TV channels .. many are reality TV shows .. what is happening on the millions of other worlds. This is helpful for when you want to take a vacation from Heaven... you choose the world you wish to go to .. go to the Vacation spot . There you are told to lie down and given a blue pill -- told you will go to sleep - and when you wake up you will be on vacation. but .. and this is the rule - you will not remember your past life until you return to heaven . .. sans perhaps a glimpse or two for the lucky few.

MikeF

Premium Member
I'm not sure about this Mike. My understanding is that if you were cloned, the child at the time of its birth, would genetically be the same age as the cell which fertilised the egg.

I should imagine this presents considerable problems concerning health and longevity.

I recall reading something along these lines after the "Dolly the Sheep experiment". Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the amplification. That being said, would you disagree with my premise that a cloned organism is a separate organism from the donor organism, or do you see the clone as an extension or continuation of the original organism, and therefore enabling potential immortality?

rocala

Thanks for the amplification. That being said, would you disagree with my premise that a cloned organism is a separate organism from the donor organism,
Absolutely. We are a lot more than a genetic recipe. Your clone would not have had your life experiences, nutrition, stresses and strains and other factors. Physically and psychologically, they are separate beings.

Sargonski

Well...yeah. But I meant where in Heaven. Is there a soul storage closet? Maybe a soul kitchen?

Yes !! The soul Closet is called "Heaven" - now does God have different soul closets for different universes ? I am not quite sure. Just know that Heaven - aka "Soul Closet" is a real fun place .. where the food is great .. Sataniel is the Conscierge .. vunderbar !!

but to the question of the OP -- Yes .. a soul can go from heaven into a fleshy abode waiting for it on one of the many worlds discussed previously .. but only if the other clone is dead - the soul then left up into heaven .. and returned.. in this case the owner decided to return to repeat the same vacation.. which is kind of wierd .. but possible.

So . while it is possible that souls can be transferred .. human souls will never have the capability to do this .. as we are not the one's given that power.

MikeF

Premium Member
Yes !! The soul Closet is called "Heaven" - now does God have different soul closets for different universes ? I am not quite sure. Just know that Heaven - aka "Soul Closet" is a real fun place .. where the food is great .. Sataniel is the Conscierge .. vunderbar !!

but to the question of the OP -- Yes .. a soul can go from heaven into a fleshy abode waiting for it on one of the many worlds discussed previously .. but only if the other clone is dead - the soul then left up into heaven .. and returned.. in this case the owner decided to return to repeat the same vacation.. which is kind of wierd .. but possible.

So . while it is possible that souls can be transferred .. human souls will never have the capability to do this .. as we are not the one's given that power.

Why would there be a need for food in a soul closet if there is no flesh to maintain?

rocala

Why would there be a need for food in a soul closet if there is no flesh to maintain?
A very good point. In fact, the idea of heavenly food opens up all sorts of other possibilities. Food equals sewage systems and sewage processing plants. Of course, there will have to be forests that we can cut down to make toilet paper. Somehow the place is losing its attraction for me.