• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

2ndpillar

And you said that it was "banned". It was not. To be on the safe side only young people in some European countries could not take the vaccine.

So was it "banned in Europe"? No. It was only "Banned in some of Europe". Oh wait, in the countries where it was banned was everyone banned from getting it? Again, no, only young people. who are at very low risk when it comes to the current version of the corona virus , were banned from getting it. Older people no problem.

Do you understood why they did this? They were being overly cautious. There were some reports, and not confirmed reports that the vaccine may have caused a negative reaction in a few young people. To be safe they thought it better to not allow them to use Moderna even though cause and effect was not established. They were very unlikely to die of the disease so it was thought that the danger of heart inflation was more significant than the danger of the disease for them. Meanwhile for anyone over thirty it was thought that the virus was the bigger risk.
It was banned in Europe. Finland is in Europe, as well as Sweden is in Europe as well. And it was not provided to those under 30 is because of heart inflammation problems. Read your link.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It was banned in Europe. Finland is in Europe, as well as Sweden is in Europe as well. And it not provided to those under 30 is because of heart inflammation problems. Read your link.
www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N2RE22K/
No, my link does not say that it was banned. You do not seem to understand what the word means. That is like saying alcohol is banned in the US because people under 21 cannot legally drink.

2ndpillar

No, my link does not say that it was banned. You do not seem to understand what the word means. That is like saying alcohol is banned in the US because people under 21 cannot legally drink.
Okay, they were not "banned", they were considered "ineligible" to receive the vaccine. 6 of one a half a dozen for the other.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you are 5 years or old, then go ahead and get the vaccine according to the new expedited testing report. I wouldn't get it myself, but I live in a free country, except when riding a motorcycle without a helmet in most states, and refusing to take a shot if you were in the military, but you are free to do as you want. I mean, what is the theory of the survival of the fittest good for, if you don't stretch the limits.

Once again, there can be different reactions based on age. If you are over 60 you should definitely get the vaccine. Just as you cannot run the same way that you could when you were twenty your immune system is not quite up to the same levels as it was then. This virus targets the old. Corona viruses are a broad range of viruses. The time that there was a corona virus epidemic in the US you probably did not even realize that such an epidemic was going on. That version was far worse. It attacked the young and was fatal far more often.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It was banned in Europe. Finland is in Europe, as well as Sweden is in Europe as well. And it was not provided to those under 30 is because of heart inflammation problems. Read your link.
LMAO! Alcohol is banned in the US!!!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay, they were not "banned", they were considered "ineligible" to receive the vaccine. 6 of one a half a dozen for the other.
A ban would mean that no one could get it. If my front door is open 60% of the way (roughly 60% of the population could still get it) I am going to say that it is open. Especially in the winter!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The articles of impeachment were presented to the Senate, and the Senate acquitted Trump. The House can only present charges. The charges were supported by false charges presented by the Progressive Schiff, who was sanctioned by the Senate for lying. Schiff should have been impeached for lying to Congress and the American people and charged the 4 million dollar cost of the impeachment hearings. Schiff's supporters should be exiled to California, to live with their beloved Senator, and forced to drive EVs. As for other collaborators, such as the RINOs,workingwith the House committee, they are politically being eliminated. Apparently, other Democratic members on the House committee are in political peril as well. As for supporters of the committee, well, the sky hasn't fallen yet, but darkness is preceding their judgments (Joel 2:30-32).
You seriously do not know what you're talking about, which very much is par for the course with the MAGA Pubs.

Your choice: Trump or Jesus, as there's no logical nor Judeo-Christian moral way to support both.

2ndpillar

You seriously do not know what you're talking about, which very much is par for the course with the MAGA Pubs.

Your choice: Trump or Jesus, as there's no logical nor Judeo-Christian moral way to support both.
As you are a somewhat typical "Christian", but a little bit more full of themselves than normal, I will say I am not a follower of your Peter or Paul, and certainly do not claim to be a follower of their church, based on the prepositions that Peter is the rock the church is built on, and that Paul's false gospel of grace is something to even consider. You seem to conflate the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" with the "message" of the "son of man". In my opinion a bad move (Mt 13:37-42). Keep in mind that the "tares" are the "wicked"/"lawless", who as tares, are weeds which only appear to be wheat, but they do not produce good fruit, and therefore are set aside to be burned. Much like the note that the wolves dress up as sheep.

Matthew 13:37And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40“So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to the judge, he was convicted at a civil trial, in New York, [unsupported, defamatory text deleted], by a preponderance of evidence, on the testimony of one person, for which Trump denied the charge.
Yep, and it looks like she's revving up to sue him again. I agree that it's basically her word against his, but most people with an opinion including two juries found her more credible than him. You might not like that, and I know Trump and his would-be heirs hate it, but that's how the cookie crumbles.
You arguing on a religious scriptural forum, you have failed to note that "scripture" requires at least two witnesses.
That's irrelevant. Courtroom standards prevail in court.
With regards to Karma, when your wife gets peeved at you, she can have you take her to California on vacation, and claim you hit her, and then divorce you and take half your money, on her sole witness. That sounds fair to me.
So much misinformation there. For starters, @SkepticThinker is a Canadian married woman. She doesn't have a wife or a desire to move to any American state. And I guess that you haven't heard of no fault divorce.
If you took the vaccine, I would expect that you will find unexpected consequences to that use.
Back atcha. If you've had Covid once or more while unvaccinated, you're at much greater risk than anybody who took the vaccine.

I may have had it once since being vaccinated. I had some respiratory illness and didn't get tested. I stayed home as I would if it were a cold or the flu, so I didn't need to know. But if I did, those viruses were attacked before they settled into my tissues. The total viral load was reduced, the duration of active viral replication was shortened, and the viruses that did get in were at war with my immune system immediately. The were coated with antibody already present, and my memory T-cells had been taught how to make more quickly.

I assume that you can't say the same, but at least you stood your ground. That's probably pretty valuable to you.
"Woke" means you think you are better than those living in fly over country, such as the deplorables. That your humanistic laws are better than God's laws, and that you can hold your nose higher than that of your neighbor.
Woke is what sociopaths call empathetic people. I actually hold most of those opinions you named, but that only makes me elitist at worst. I'm also "woke" as most MAGA mean the word, but not for holding those opinions.
The trials are not going well. Apparently the Democratic and RINOs on the committees erased evidence, and kept other evidence secret, which some of which is coming to light, and is undermining any case against Trump.
Your faith is impressive. Trump is a week away from his first criminal trial, and it's a slam-dunk for conviction. Financial crimes always are once they find the incriminating financial records, without which they don't indict even if they suspect fraud. His second criminal trial should start this summer after that one in about 2-3 months. There could be a verdict there as early as October. By then, the Supremes will have told Trump that he is not immune from prosecution, and Jack Smith. Trump's already signalling that he expects to go to prison. He posted this two days ago: "If this Partisan Hack wants to put me in the “clink” for speaking the open and obvious TRUTH, I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela – It will be my GREAT HONOR."
This is a political trial. to try and prevent the election of Trump.
His trials stop zero people that want to vote for him from doing so.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hey, I don't call myself a "Christian". Christians are followers of Peter and Paul, the two shepherds/staffs taken to "pasture" the "flock (Gentile church) doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7), under the supervision of the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Rev 13), the Roman emperor Constantine, who set up the Roman church, with its "many" followers (Mt 7:12-15). As for what is to happen to "fellow human beings", well that would be the coming "day of the LORD" whereas the "survivors" will be few and far between, and whereas, people will seek death, and not find it (Rev 9:6). When you run out of money to pay for high-cost heating in Ontario, because of Progressive politicians, you may seek death yourself.
Heh... you must not be familiar with Ontario.

It would be wonderful if we had progressive politicians. Our premier is to Donald Trump what the Go-Bots are to the Transformers.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep, and it looks like she's revving up to sue him again. I agree that it's basically her word against his, but most people with an opinion including two juries found her more credible than him. You might not like that, and I know Trump and his would-be heirs hate it, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

That's irrelevant. Courtroom standards prevail in court.

So much misinformation there. For starters, @SkepticThinker is a Canadian married woman. She doesn't have a wife or a desire to move to any American state. And I guess that you haven't heard of no fault divorce.

Back atcha. If you've had Covid once or more while unvaccinated, you're at much greater risk than anybody who took the vaccine.

I may have had it once since being vaccinated. I had some respiratory illness and didn't get tested. I stayed home as I would if it were a cold or the flu, so I didn't need to know. But if I did, those viruses were attacked before they settled into my tissues. The total viral load was reduced, the duration of active viral replication was shortened, and the viruses that did get in were at war with my immune system immediately. The were coated with antibody already present, and my memory T-cells had been taught how to make more quickly.

I assume that you can't say the same, but at least you stood your ground. That's probably pretty valuable to you.

Woke is what sociopaths call empathetic people. I actually hold most of those opinions you named, but that only makes me elitist at worst. I'm also "woke" as most MAGA mean the word, but not for holding those opinions.

Your faith is impressive. Trump is a week away from his first criminal trial, and it's a slam-dunk for conviction. Financial crimes always are once they find the incriminating financial records, without which they don't indict even if they suspect fraud. His second criminal trial should start this summer after that one in about 2-3 months. There could be a verdict there as early as October. By then, the Supremes will have told Trump that he is not immune from prosecution, and Jack Smith. Trump's already signalling that he expects to go to prison. He posted this two days ago: "If this Partisan Hack wants to put me in the “clink” for speaking the open and obvious TRUTH, I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela – It will be my GREAT HONOR."

His trials stop zero people that want to vote for him from doing so.
I only disagree with your last sentence. Even if convicted and in prison he can still run for President, and to quote the great Yogi Berra "It looks like deja vu all over again":

Lyndon Hermyle LaRouche Jr. (September 8, 1922 – February 12, 2019) was an American political activist who founded the LaRouche movement and its main organization, the National Caucus of Labor Committees (NCLC).[1][2][3][4] He was a prominent conspiracy theorist and perennial presidential candidate.[5][6] He began in far-left politics in the 1940s and later supported the Civil Rights movement, but in the 1970s he moved to the far-right.[4][5][6] His movement is sometimes described as, or likened to, a cult.[7][8][9] Convicted of fraud, he served five years in prison from 1989 to 1994.[5][6]

LaRouche began his sentence in 1989, serving it at the Federal Medical Center in Rochester, Minnesota. From there he ran for Congress in 1990, seeking to represent the 10th District of Virginia, but he received less than one percent of the vote. He ran for president again in 1992 with James Bevel as his running mate, a civil rights activist who had represented the LaRouche movement in its pursuit of the Franklin child prostitution ring allegations. It was only the second-ever campaign for president from prison.[166] He received 26,334 votes, standing again as the "Economic Recovery" party.[167] For a time he shared a cell with televangelist Jim Bakker. Bakker later wrote of his astonishment at LaRouche's detailed knowledge of the Bible. According to Bakker, LaRouche received a daily intelligence report by mail, and at times had information about news events days before they happened. Bakker also wrote that LaRouche believed their cell was bugged. In Bakker's view, "to say LaRouche was a little paranoid would be like saying that the Titanic had a little leak."[168]

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I only disagree with your last sentence.
It sounds like you agree. Who couldn't vote for LaRouche that wanted to?

My point is that Trump's claims of election interference are unfounded. The election will proceed with or without him, Trump is free to run in it, and voters are free to vote for him. His campaigning is impeded, but he has no right to campaign elsewhere when he has an obligation to be in a courtroom. He can give his speeches outside the courtroom when he has a break from the proceedings, or, from his home by Zoom in the evenings.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As you are a somewhat typical "Christian", but a little bit more full of themselves than normal, I will say I am not a follower of your Peter or Paul, and certainly do not claim to be a follower of their church, based on the prepositions that Peter is the rock the church is built on, and that Paul's false gospel of grace is something to even consider. You seem to conflate the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" with the "message" of the "son of man". In my opinion a bad move (Mt 13:37-42). Keep in mind that the "tares" are the "wicked"/"lawless", who as tares, are weeds which only appear to be wheat, but they do not produce good fruit, and therefore are set aside to be burned. Much like the note that the wolves dress up as sheep.

Matthew 13:37And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40“So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Oh, just a reminder that you did not actually respond to the question I asked, and they you diverted to the above slam.

IOW, I'm done with what you post because of your disingenuous tactics.

2ndpillar

A ban would mean that no one could get it. If my front door is open 60% of the way (roughly 60% of the population could still get it) I am going to say that it is open. Especially in the winter!
You can craft your words anyway you choose if you somehow think that is going to help you keep your sanity. People were banned (ineligible to receive Moderna shots) in Europe, specifically in Sweden and Finland. Sweden had the best outcomes, one reason being they didn't close down schools. On the other hand, the US forced all their military to receive covid shots against their will dire consequences for the troops. WATCH: 'Tyrants!' Shock video as military pounces on member refusing COVID shot | WND | by Around the Web
Oh, just a reminder that you did not actually respond to the question I asked, and they you diverted to the above slam.

IOW, I'm done with what you post because of your disingenuous tactics.
I wish I had a penny for every time you stated you were done with me. I will believe it when I see it. I don't think you can help yourself.

2ndpillar

Fun fact: more than one religion exists.
Feel free to list a credible "religion" which does not require two witnesses. The Muslim's may require two women for each man witness, but they still require either two men, or one man and two women. As for the religion of Marx, well that final destination is communism, the realm of dictators, and the court is a sham anyway, but as in China, it does require "beyond a reasonable doubt", and leans on documentational evidence. The "sexual" case with Trump was a civil case, and the requirement was a "preponderance of evidence", in a prejudicial court. If that is how you roll, one can only hope someday you meet Mr. Karma.

2ndpillar

Heh... you must not be familiar with Ontario.

It would be wonderful if we had progressive politicians. Our premier is to Donald Trump what the Go-Bots are to the Transformers.
The legal system of Ontario bows to the federal government, and their inflation is tied to federal policies. Now, as they are tied to the U.S. closer than to Quebec, they could always leave Canada, and join the U.S.. The average citizen might like that choice, but the elites in the cities, would probably demure. My solution to the federal energy policy, which is creating inflation, is to have the all the Progressives buy full EVs for actual production cost, with no rebates, and have to drive those anchors throughout the Canadian winters, without leaving Canada for Florida or Mexico.