• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Businesses Requiring Vaccine Passports

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think it is too. If you walk up to a store with a No shirt, no shoes policy and you don't have either on, you can simply put on a shirt and shoes, shop, and when you leave you can take them off. Same with a mask. I can walk up to the store without a mask, put one on, shop, and take it off when I leave. You can't "unvaccinate". It's almost more comparable to a tattoo.

Exactly. One time I went to the gas station/store and forgot my mask. I went in, shopped, went by a few people who stared at me like I killed someone, bought a new $3 mask, put it on, and went my way. I don't like masks but I rather wear them then get forced (coercion or by law) against my will.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So when you drive a car you don't wear a seatbelt? You don't follow the speed limits? You don't check your rearview mirrors before backing up or changing lanes?
You wouldn't want to live in fear of what "might happen," right?
When I drive a car I wear a seat belt, abide by the speed limit and check in my rear view mirror before backing up or changing lanes. If you have a point to make, make it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Perhaps people would prefer to lead a nice full life for as long as they can rather than dying prematurely on a ventilator from a preventable illness (or suffering the long-term effects of COVID). :shrug:
And that's their choice of they want to have a foreign substance injected into their body so they will feel protected.
I prefer to stay home and out of contact with other people so I don't have to worry about the virus.

esmith

Veteran Member
RealID costs money, which adversely effect the poor, and comes with baggage pushed by conservatives for voter suppression. None of these problems exist with a vaccine passport, which is free. I literally already have my vaccine card just by showing up for the subsidized shot.
You do realize don't you that you DO NOT need a "Real ID" to vote.
Howver, I suspect you don't as per your response above.
So, you have no problem requiring enhanced ID's to board commerical airlines, or enter federal facilities.

You have to go to the facility to get a shot or shots to obtain the vaccine documentation that cost money, so what's the problem for black, brown, or white to obtain an ID?
So, now tell me why requiring ID is in your view "voter suppersion". Which your kind call racist, which says you don't think black or brown people are capable of putting forth the effort to obtain an ID. Guess the poor can't purchase alcohol, or other controled substances.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You do realize don't you that you DO NOT need a "Real ID" to vote.
Howver, I suspect you don't as per your response above.
So, you have no problem requiring enhanced ID's to board commerical airlines, or enter federal facilities.

You have to go to the facility to get a shot or shots to obtain the vaccine documentation that cost money, so what's the problem for black, brown, or white to obtain an ID?
So, now tell me why requiring ID is in your view "voter suppersion". Which your kind call racist, which says you don't think black or brown people are capable of putting forth the effort to obtain an ID. Guess the poor can't purchase alcohol, or other controled substances.
Republicans are pushing for realid to be required for voting, because a lot of inner city folk have no other form of id, especially where cars are optional.

My vaccine card cost me nothing. And demonizing poor people and minorities isn't helping your case any.

esmith

Veteran Member
Republicans are pushing for realid to be required for voting, because a lot of inner city folk have no other form of id, especially where cars are optional.

My vaccine card cost me nothing. And demonizing poor people and minorities isn't helping your case any.
Obviously you don't know or realize that you do not need a drivers license, a State issued ID card will sufifce.
Do inner city folks purchase alcohol? Need a ID card for that.
Back to the question.....why is it racist? Do only black and brown people have a problem getting an ID card? Seems like your crowd thinks so.
I suggest those that think an ID card is a racist ploy do not respect the capabilities of blacks or browns.
Do you?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Obviously you don't know or realize that you do not need a drivers license, a State issued ID card will sufifce.
Do inner city folks purchase alcohol? Need a ID card for that.
Your running out of excuses.
*You're. And you're certainly not running out of bigotry. Painting inner city poor as drunks. You realize there are millions of Americans, most below poverty line, who don't have any government issued ID at all?

Why Millions of Americans Have No Government ID

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
OK have your way. Only black and brown people have problems getting an ID.
I'm sorry you have problems understanding how things like decades of segregation, predatory redistricting and discriminatory housing leaves minorities at a disadvantage even to this day but I certainly don't have the patience to teach you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sorry you have problems understanding how things like decades of segregation, predatory redistricting and discriminatory housing leaves minorities at a disadvantage even to this day but I certainly don't have the patience to teach you.
I think he understands more than you give him credit for.
But you've not made your case that this claimed disparate
racial effect exists. Or that we should compromise voting
security to accommodate it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
.A "Real ID" considerably more expensive than just a ID
Source please.
My "Real Id" did not even cost me more time, let alone more money and certainly was not "considerably more expensive".

esmith

Veteran Member

Well let see I grew up in a small segrated town in the 40's-50's. I have seen that when a catastrophe strikes a town that race doesn't matter everyone comes together to help each other.

During my 20+ years in the military I have been stationed in areas like North Chicago, Charleston, Pascagoula MS, Hunters Point area of San Franscico. I have served and worked with many people of various ethnic groups, both military and civilian; of which the majority I respected and trusted. I went through the race termoil that the US military experienced and did their best to educated members in "race realations". In a position of authority I never saw the color of a persons skin, I only saw the mettle of a person.

I have never experienced what a black person has, so in that area I am ignorant.
I have always lived with the idea that nothing is free; when the going gets tough you don't walk away or give up; I would rather have a "hand-up" vice a "hand-out".
So maybe in your eyes I am a dinosaur who's ideas are no longer valid, so be it.

esmith

Veteran Member
Source please.
My "Real Id" did not even cost me more time, let alone more money and certainly was not "considerably more expensive".
I am wrong by saying "considerably" more expensive. However, it does cost to obtain a Birth Certificate, anywhere from $8-$35.

So I retract my statment since I don't know because neither my wife nor I need a "Real ID drivers license" to travel within the US.
Had to get a passport once, but I didn't pay for it, but it was a pain in the ***.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
PennDOT says it doesn’t know yet how much a Real ID will cost. In some states, the cost is $15 more than a standard driver’s license.

Cost, access the difference between Real ID and standard license
Not really helpful given it is talking about PA and flat out states:

PennDOT says it doesn’t know yet how much a Real ID will cost.
Then makes the claim:

In some states, the cost is $15 more than a standard driver’s license.
without any references what-so-ever.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nobody is being forced.
Don't want the vaccine, don't get one, but you don't get to shop in a store that requires them. You'll have to go to another store that doesn't require them.
Nobody has a right to shop at any particular store in any way they see fit. Try getting into a store with no shoes or shirt on.
And it's not like the denials are because someone merely exists. People who willfully refuse to get vaccinated put others at risk. That is for all vaccinations, not just this one.
But isn't funny how so many on the Right want the "right" to discriminate against people who have done nothing more than be born, but they scream discrimination when they are denied for endangering others.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's why people are going crazy, attacking people at our nation's capitol, and so forth because BOTH pro/anti vaccine, mask, and all are fighting, cursing, and arguing with each other as if these attitudes somehow are more affective in helping the people suffering from COVID... its counterproductive. The whole debate is ridiculous; and, media, internet, fear, and confirmed bias are just making it worse.

It is coercion, by definition. It means that if you don't do X, you can't do Y; and, you get punished if you do Y, if you don't do X... it's literally placing a guilt trip no matter how justified on people to where their decisions are "said" to be causing people to be in danger.
That assumes you have an inherent right to do "Y". In this case Y is entering someone's private business. That's not an inherent right.

Do you feel the same way when you are required to wear a shirt and shoes in a restaurant?
Do you feel the same way when you are required not to drink and then hop into a car and drive?

So, basically, some of you guys are saying that if they don't don't take the vaccine, wear masks, etc... you ARE putting people in danger. That's ridiculous.
You are.

Businesses can do whatever they want to do.

That does not mean I agree with it.
You don't have to. You also don't have a right to enter any particular business no matter what.

Well, some businesses are more relaxed about masks, but since vaccine and vaccine passports may work more efficiently than masks, it would probably be more enforced either by choice of the business and/or its required of them.

You're attacking me for disagreeing with a policy that may be put in place. It has nothing to do with my desires and I am not a trump fan.

Disagree with vaccines does not mean anti-vaccine. Too much politics in your statements. I'm just sharing an opinion.
I haven't mentioned a single thing about politics.
Politics has zero to do with any of this.

I'm not attacking you. I'm having a conversation with you. You seem to think you have rights that you actually don't.

I don't compare the two. Pandemic vs. shirt/shoe policy?
Perhaps you should start thinking about it.

You're making my opinion into an argument. If you got my point, I'm glad.

But no. I still disagree with needing vaccine passports to go buy groceries, to the bank, to the gym, to go to the bar, and so forth.

It doesn't matter what I like. Opinions can't change anything. I'm not an activist and never been political. So, stop the accusations.
Sorry, what accusations?

But masks is just material. I went into a store without a mask because I forgot it. The manager didn't shove me out of the store. I bought a new mask in the store and left out with it on.
They're just material that contain the moist droplets that come out of your mouth and nose when you talk, cough, sneeze, etc. Which is how COVID is spread.

Why don't you tell surgeons, nurses and doctors that they're "just material" so why bother wearing them at all?

I have a huge feeling it won't be that simple with vaccine passports. It's going to be a mess.

Yes. I know. No one is saying that everyone else should not get the vaccine.

If you want to force it on everyone, that's you. Not all people will agree to that. To turn this around, your opinions don't change anything-you just the majority on your side.
Again, there is no forcing going on.

You got my point?

You got my point?

I don't think I did, no.

It's just silly. I can't imagine you guys tell unvaccinated people to stay at home and order out... good luck on you. That's more than just an opinion, Skeptic.

But I get your point.
It's not silly. We're in the middle of a public health emergency.

When they have to do with the pandemic and medicine and treatments and such, comparing it to masks/shoes/etc is really pushing it.
Why do you think so?

"Forcing" customers to wear shoes and shirts is a matter of health, cleanliness and safety.
The pandemic is definitely a matter of health, cleanliness and safety.

Did you know if you want to travel to certain countries, you first have to show proof that you've been vaccinated for specific illnesses or they won't let you in?
That's been the case for decades now. Do you think peoples' rights are being infringed in that case? I'd be curious to hear why or why not.

Please re-read my post. I said "not pushed or shoved," it's coercion.
Please elaborate.

In my observation, you only value peoples' rights when they agree with your opinions.
I disagree. And I'm not sure this addresses what I said, which was, "I too, value peoples' right to choose what is medically best for their well being. I also value the rights of others who choose not to endanger their staff and customers by potentially exposing them to a highly transmissible/deadly/damaging virus in their place of business."

I'm still wondering what "rights" you have here that are being trampled?

Another RF member mentioned that. But my point is I wouldn't be surprised if people like many on RF don't mind separating vaccinated from unvaccinated and throwing them off to the wolves.

RF is kind of giving me a sense of what people think when I walk by them. It's an interesting observation but I hope it doesn't turn dangerous in person.

Don't know about "because dogs aren't allowed in stores" comment and how that relates.

That's what I heard yesterday... they were comparing it to the Nazi thing. I was going to do a thread on it, but it was too sensitive a topic.
Everyone tries to compare everything to Nazi things. I don't see how it's related.