• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Businesses Requiring Vaccine Passports

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you guys (and media) aren't looking or deflecting the other side of the argument. Ideally, no medical professional would be onesided.
It's not a fear statement. It's just a matter of being practical, in light of the facts

But I said it is in addition to your reasoning.

A lot of people wear mask out of fear cause they are afraid of the unknown. It's psychological.

Probably because they don't want to unnecessarily put others in the hospital at risk of contracting COVID. It's called being cautious.

This, however, doesn't mean that they are ultimately recorded as COVID cases, when all is said and done, if their test results came back negative.

If she says it in a good tone, I can see that. She was tight lipped as though she didn't agree with marking anyone as a case just because they say they may have COVID. We didn't get far in the convo but you can see as a nurse something was up. Whether it's true or not I'd never know but that doesn't devalue her concern.

I'm pretty sure most doctors know what they're doing.

I hope so. But they're not god.

The politics of all this is only exacerbates the problem. Especially given that it's not a political issue in the slightest. It's a health issue.

It's both. Just politics I think they were unprepared in the US. Health, they are very coersive with these masks and vaccines that if they said covid come from the eyes, everyone would be wearing glasses (or shields).

Right, we wear masks because we don't know if we have and it are spreading it around to our friends and loved ones.

Yes...

At the start of this thing, at least here anyway, they didn't mandate masks. They started with social distancing first. But then I think the case counts were still climbing too rapidly so they started with the mask mandates. I tend to do both, whenever possible. I used to wear a mask on the bus back before the mask mandate was put into place, just because everybody is so crammed so close together in what is basically just a box. I got a lot of weird looks back then. LOL

We did masks and lockdowns nearly at the same time. Masks were voluntary and businesses didn't need to enforce it. Now they can loose their business if they don't.

It makes me wonder though. People who don't social distance or wear masks are minority. Our opinions don't spread the virus yet cases go up and virus spreads.

I think it goes deeper than masks.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Forget the word plague.

COVID doesn't kill on the spot. It's not as severe as those viruses that do.

The context is comparing the severity of covid to other viruses not the definition of plague.
I guess I'm confused as to why you think any virus or plague "kills on the spot."
Do you have an example of a virus that "kills on the spot?"
Otherwise, I don't understand your comparison.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I guess I'm confused as to why you think any virus or plague "kills on the spot."
Do you have an example of a virus that "kills on the spot?"
Otherwise, I don't understand your comparison.

I can't name them off the top of my head. Some virus around the world (probably not as dangerous if we can treat it in time) are so deadly people may live a month, week, so have you.

COVID is not as deadly as that. It's based on any factors and thankfully people survive.

I don't know how many posts back I mentioned it though so not sure why mentioned the comparison. I'd have to check later.