• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breakfast

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The eggs are cracked into a skillet, fried on one side until the bottom is firm, then flipped until the other side is white, but the yolk and a bit of the white are still runny.

We also have over medium and over hard, which just means they're cooked longer. Over medium is typically all of the white is fully cooked and just the yolk is runny, and over hard is cooked until nothing is runny..
I've read that. Then read it again....
If I break an egg in to a frying pan and fry it till bottom is firm, then turn it over, I can't see the yolk or white underneath to be able to figure out when it's a bit cooked with runny yolk and white.
If my life depended on this I would be Toast. !!!

It's no good Salix.... I think I'll stick to just poaching an egg. :D
:p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Bacon, eggs, toast with jelly (as in jam, not gelatin), sausage with biscuits (savory scones, not cookies/wafers) and gravy, or waffles with maple syrup and peanut butter.
Now I get it!
So THATs why McDonalds here serve syrup on burgers in the morning.
My Missus actually knew about biscuits being savoury scones. !!
:)

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
I am still figuring things out. I'm attempting to migrate from eggs to avacados but don't know what I'm doing, yet. Oatmeal has never appealed to me without lots of sugar, so I don't use oatmeal currently. Bread is out. Sugar is mostly out. I'm all confused and can't seem to get variety in my diet. Knowledge is breakfast.

Coffee I got.

Yerda

Veteran Member
No such thing :unamused:

Plant sticks, vegetable cylinders, roughage tubes perhaps, definitely not sausages...
I've been veggie for about 20 years now and these one taste very 'sausagey' to me, whereas others are good but nothing like sausage. I'll ask a meaty friend to try them and get the results to you. ;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am still figuring things out. I'm attempting to migrate from eggs to avacados but don't know what I'm doing, yet. Oatmeal has never appealed to me without lots of sugar, so I don't use oatmeal currently. Bread is out. Sugar is mostly out. I'm all confused and can't seem to get variety in my diet. Knowledge is breakfast.

Coffee I got.

How about the oatmeal with a pinch salt in place of sugar.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My favorite breakfast is homemade hash browns from scratch. Two eggs over easy. Some very good quality salsa and multi grain bread for toast.

Today, left over dahl and basmati rice with an egg in it zapped in the microwave.

MikeF

Premium Member
Do you eat breakfast? If so, what do you typically eat? How soon after waking do you eat?

Coffee I have after my morning meditation, and breakfast I have typically one and a half to two hours after waking up.

What's your breakfast of choice?

Had to drop a meal to stay fighting fit so only coffee for breakfast.

Sometimes we'll have breakfast for dinner. My new thing is cornmeal pancakes with lots of egg white and Greek yogurt in the batter. Pure maple syrup on the cakes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not on this side of the pond.

Jelly is a completely different thing, i think you guys call it jello

I think confiture fits the bill better than jam
I know, we have raised the making of jams, jelly, and preserves to a higher state here. Jello is just flavored sugar, water, and gelatin. Something one would never put on bread. Jelly is fruit juice, sugar and pectin. Jam is crushed fruit sugar, and pectin, a bit more substantial. Preserves are whole fruit and fruit pieces in their own juices along with sugar and pectin. Marmalade is a citrus preserve with zest from the peelings added.

Dang, now I want some toast!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I know, we have raised the making of jams, jelly, and preserves to a higher state here. Jello is just flavored sugar, water, and gelatin. Something one would never put on bread. Jelly is fruit juice, sugar and pectin. Jam is crushed fruit sugar, and pectin, a bit more substantial. Preserves are whole fruit and fruit pieces in their own juices along with sugar and pectin. Marmalade is a citrus preserve with zest from the peelings added.

Dang, now I want some toast!

So take the crushed fruit, sugar, and pectin and filter out the lumpy bits, voila, seedless jam.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Do you eat breakfast? If so, what do you typically eat? How soon after waking do you eat?

On work days, I'll have some variant of two eggs and toast, whether it's fried on a sandwich with cheese, over easy on top of toast, or French toast. But I recently discovered a south Indian dish I love called pongal, which consists of water, rice, green gram lentil, vegetable oil, clarified butter, salt, cashews, asafoetida, cumin, ginger, and tumeric. I typically eat that on my off days.

Of course, I enjoy my morning coffee as well.

Coffee I have after my morning meditation, and breakfast I have typically one and a half to two hours after waking up.

What's your breakfast of choice?
Now that I am old and no longer rowing, half a grapefruit with a few dried apricots, then either muesli or toast and marmalade and or jam, plus tea. At weekends I indulge in the luxury of fresh orange juice and, on Saturdays, I pop across to the patisserie and get an Oranais (see below) in place of the muesli or toast:

i2618-gateau-oranais-aux-abricots-et-creme-patissiere.png

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Now that I am old and no longer rowing, half a grapefruit with a few dried apricots, then either muesli or toast and marmalade and or jam, plus tea. At weekends I indulge in the luxury of fresh orange juice and, on Saturdays, I pop across to the patisserie and get an Oranais (see below) in place of the muesli or toast:

i2618-gateau-oranais-aux-abricots-et-creme-patissiere.png

Out of curiosity, do you pronounce apricots with a long 'a' as in ape, or a short 'a' as in apple?