• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breakfast

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've read that. Then read it again....
If I break an egg in to a frying pan and fry it till bottom is firm, then turn it over, I can't see the yolk or white underneath to be able to figure out when it's a bit cooked with runny yolk and white.
If my life depended on this I would be Toast. !!!

It's no good Salix.... I think I'll stick to just poaching an egg. :D
:p

Good point. It takes a bit of practice to figure out how long to cook them on the other side. I over or undercooked many an egg before I ultimately got it right.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I am still figuring things out. I'm attempting to migrate from eggs to avacados but don't know what I'm doing, yet. Oatmeal has never appealed to me without lots of sugar, so I don't use oatmeal currently. Bread is out. Sugar is mostly out. I'm all confused and can't seem to get variety in my diet. Knowledge is breakfast.

Coffee I got.

I find the avocado yolk to be a bit too hard for my liking.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been veggie for about 20 years now and these one taste very 'sausagey' to me, whereas others are good but nothing like sausage. I'll ask a meaty friend to try them and get the results to you. ;)

Impossible sausage and Beyond sausage are hardly discernable from pork sausage. Only a slight difference in texture.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Leftover lasagne is my favorite breakfast, followed by cold steamed asparagus spears with mayo. Sometimes an egg in a nest of sauteed spinach with toast. Then there is always what my son and I have dubbed poison garbage, which is leftover potatoes, sliced or shredded, thrown into a skillet with some onion, pour some beaten eggs over the potatoes, and top with cheese whatever bits of leftover meats or veggies and salsa. I guess you could call it breakfast hash.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Home made hash browns are not that hard to make and so much better than frozen. Cheaper too. I like reds or gold potatoes since there is no need to peel them. Simply scrub very well and remove any blemishes. If I use russet potatoes I do peel them first. Shred your prepared potatoes and immediately place in cold water. Rinse a couple times with cold water to get rid of excess starch. I repurposed a potato ricer to squeeze the excessive water out, but one could use a colander and press out the water manually. I like to fry mine in butter. I get the pan heated up, put a LARGE serving (if you are going to do this you might as well go all out) Your cooking times and heat may vary, but I put my range at about a "4" out of 10. Cook for five minutes. Season with salt, pepper and a hint of cayenne and then flip for another five minutes. You might need to add a touch more butter on the flip. I have only had hash browns this good in one restaurant. They did the same thing, except for the cayenne.

Warning, once you do this it is highly dubious that you will go back to frozen shredded potatoes. And at about a fifth of the cost of frozen.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Home made hash browns are not that hard to make and so much better than frozen. Cheaper too. I like reds or gold potatoes since there is no need to peel them. Simply scrub very well and remove any blemishes. If I use russet potatoes I do peel them first. Shred your prepared potatoes and immediately place in cold water. Rinse a couple times with cold water to get rid of excess starch. I repurposed a potato ricer to squeeze the excessive water out, but one could use a colander and press out the water manually. I like to fry mine in butter. I get the pan heated up, put a LARGE serving (if you are going to do this you might as well go all out) Your cooking times and heat may vary, but I put my range at about a "4" out of 10. Cook for five minutes. Season with salt, pepper and a hint of cayenne and then flip for another five minutes. You might need to add a touch more butter on the flip. I have only had hash browns this good in one restaurant. They did the same thing, except for the cayenne.

Warning, once you do this it is highly dubious that you will go back to frozen shredded potatoes. And at about a fifth of the cost of frozen.
You can also throw in a couple of extra potatoes when you make boiled potatoes and chill them overnight to shred directly into your skillet, seasoning them as above.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Not on this side of the pond.

Jelly is a completely different thing, i think you guys call it jello

I think confiture fits the bill better than jam
Jell-o is a brand name of fruit flavored gelatin. What we call jelly is a smoother form of jam, I suppose.
It's no wonder europeans find the idea of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and biscuits and gravy to be repulsive. ;)