• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breakfast

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Eh? They don't put syrup on burgers here. They don't even serve burgers until breakfast hours are over.
Ah.... Yeah..... My wife tells me that the meal I remember is a pancake syrup and sausage breakfast .
The sausage looked like a burger to me.
O expect you think our

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Eh? They don't put syrup on burgers here. They don't even serve burgers until breakfast hours are over.
Ah.... Yeah. My wife tells me that the meal I think of is pancakes, syrup and a sausage. The sausage just looked like a burger to me. :)

I guess some of our breakfasts would look dodgy to you. :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Good point. It takes a bit of practice to figure out how long to cook them on the other side. I over or undercooked many an egg before I ultimately got it right.
I read your post to my wife. Then I read out about the medium and hard overs .
I swear to you that we have never heard of those.

Next hair-do day (when the lockdowns are over) I'm going to go in to the Turkish cafe and demand toast with one easy over egg and one hard over ..... I know whot he's going to say.... :D

Bird123

Do you eat breakfast? If so, what do you typically eat? How soon after waking do you eat?

On work days, I'll have some variant of two eggs and toast, whether it's fried on a sandwich with cheese, over easy on top of toast, or French toast. But I recently discovered a south Indian dish I love called pongal, which consists of water, rice, green gram lentil, vegetable oil, clarified butter, salt, cashews, asafoetida, cumin, ginger, and tumeric. I typically eat that on my off days.

Of course, I enjoy my morning coffee as well.

Coffee I have after my morning meditation, and breakfast I have typically one and a half to two hours after waking up.

What's your breakfast of choice?

I never eat breakfast. I always let my stomach sleep until noon. I have been doing this for a long time so If I don't put anything in my stomach, I am never even hungry until noon.

Noon comes and I eat a very little bit like a salad or a sandwich, no more.

Evening is my big meal. I tend to eat late say 8pm. I find going to sleep hungry makes it hard to sleep. That's why I eat late.

I am never overweight thus eliminate so many health problems I see others around me having.

For those trying to loose weight, stay busy. You will find you will never eat as much as you would if you were sitting around watching TV. Further, the number one user of calories in a person is maintaining body temperature. This brisk winter weather is perfect for dropping a few pounds. I try to leave that coat behind on that long walk.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I actually don't make it. I buy this brand from my local Indian grocer. I just copied the ingredients from the box.

rrrpripong-500x500.jpg
Cheater.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Must eat breakfast, whatever I can find. I leave the house to early (5:50AM) to be bothered making anything, so I fetch what I can find on the way. Weekends, eggs and toast. Need nothing other than butter, salt and pepper. And runny yolks!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I will eat savory food only after noon...
We Italians have strict rules about savory / sweet ...
For example the pineapple pizza is ...:dizzy:
I mean with hundreds of salty foods...ham, mushrooms, eggs, vegetables, cheese... you put fruit on pizza? Come on...:p

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I will eat savory food only after noon...
We Italians have strict rules about savory / sweet ...
For example the pineapple pizza is ...:dizzy:
I mean with hundreds of salty foods...ham, mushrooms, eggs, vegetables, cheese... you put fruit on pizza? Come on...:p
How do you feel about salted caramel?