• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blasphemy ‘is no crime’, says Macron amid French girl’s anti-Islam row

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Huh? What about other pirates. especially of the Bokono variety?:cool:
They make love, not war.
6490bf3c6a69ec871bc6d752a47f0c44-d3hq0rz.jpg

And they make God cry.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Are they puppets forced to act and behave like that?

Maybe they are puppets. I doubt they are forced though.

Anyway i would like to ask you something based on something you said though my question is kind of out of topic.

You claimed that "Jihadists" quote. As you said below.

It is right when the Jihadists themselves can give you chapter and verse support of their beliefs.

Can you name the so-called "Jihadist" and which verse and chapter did he quote? With some kind of direct evidence please.

Cheers.

whirlingmerc

Allow people to come into Western countries and violate the culture with religious extremism.

There are too many false accusations insufficiently proved of such in many places and that is a justice

In the end real blasphemy is a crime against God so ... yes it is a crime of sorts... should man or government handle it ... they might cause more harm than good trying.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Putting the way you did....it sure does look like Islam is the problem.
I'd say that the political problem results from both culture & Islam.

Note that Islam is no single religion, given the differences (sometimes
violent) between the various flavors. Islam gives rise to them all, so
we cannot say that it's defined by the peaceful ones....it's defined by
the spectrum spanned by them all.

For example...we have had a parliamentarian of Moroccan origin who worked on a law forbidding not only the burqa but also the headscarf when it is worn unwillingly. Her name is Souad Sbai.
Moroccans are light years away from Pakistanis...for example.

firedragon

Veteran Member
For example...we have had a parliamentarian of Moroccan origin who worked on a law forbidding not only the burqa but also the headscarf when it is worn unwillingly. Her name is Souad Sbai.
Moroccans are light years away from Pakistanis...for example.

Interesting.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Can you name the so-called "Jihadist"
Bin Laden was a pretty big name in those circles. So was Baghdadi. Every Muslim suicide bomber/attacker. ISIS members. The Al Qaeda members Reagan invited to the White House. Do I need to go on?
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29)

And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah. (2:191)
Those who believe, fight in the cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Satan. So fight you against the friends of Satan. Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Satan. (4:76)
Now, true the Quran, much like the Bible, is filled with inconsistencies and contradictions, and highly prone to be being cherry by believers of all sorts and types. And the Jihadists do use such passages from from the Quran and Hadiths to justify their violence.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Bin Laden was a pretty big name in those circles. So was Baghdadi. Every Muslim suicide bomber/attacker. ISIS members. The Al Qaeda members Reagan invited to the White House. Do I need to go on?
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29)

And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah. (2:191)
Those who believe, fight in the cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Satan. So fight you against the friends of Satan. Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Satan. (4:76)
Now, true the Quran, much like the Bible, is filled with inconsistencies and contradictions, and highly prone to be being cherry by believers of all sorts and types. And the Jihadists do use such passages from from the Quran and Hadiths to justify their violence.

I didn’t ask you to name groups. You missed the question. Again.

Can you name the so-called "Jihadist" and which verse and chapter did he quote? With some kind of direct evidence please.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn’t ask you to name groups. You missed the question. Again.

Are you so uninformed you didn't recognize specific names?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Are you so uninformed you didn't recognize specific names?

I didn’t ask for names only. I asked a specific question. Maybe if you see it again you will understand simple requests that would substantiate your claims for us to explore your claim further.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Where and when did these people quote these verses? Any evidence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn’t ask for names only. I asked a specific question. Maybe if you see it again you will understand simple requests that would substantiate your claims for us to explore your claim further.

I already provided just that, but here is some more info. And, surely you don't need me to cite the fact a few people conducted a terrorist attack that flew commercial jets into the World Trade Towers and Pentagon, and they did that as a part of what they believe is Jihad.
Jihadism - Wikipedia
What is jihadism?
jihadist
https://ctc.usma.edu/the-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-jihadist-ideology/

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Yes, and these radical nutcases give the world plenty of opportunity to do so. You would think there would be a huge backlash by the peaceful Muslims against the Islamist terrorists.

Waiting for that to happen.

I thought there would be a huge backlash against the neo-cons during the 9/11 and Iraq war period.

Then I realised that people were scared of the jackboots, and the stasi.

I'm guessing that even if 90% of Muslims find violent jihad, death for apostasy etc deplorable, they aren"t about to offer that opinion publicly, because they know how insanely violent and obsessed the minority is, particularly in Pakistan and Iran. So they keep their heads down, and don't volunteer.

It is the religion of fear.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I already provided just that, but here is some more info. And, surely you don't need me to cite the fact a few people conducted a terrorist attack that flew commercial jets into the World Trade Towers and Pentagon, and they did that as a part of what they believe is Jihad.
Jihadism - Wikipedia
What is jihadism?
jihadist
https://ctc.usma.edu/the-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-jihadist-ideology/

No you didnt.

What you did is this.

1. Two names of some you call Jihadist.

2. Some Quranic verses.

And you assume that these people quoted these verses which they never ever did. I keep asking for evidence that they quote these verses. YOu will never be able to provide.

There could be some Jihadist or an Islamist or whatever name you wish to call these people may have quoted some verses but you have not provided evidence TO THEM QUOTING THE SAME.

I presume you understand this simple explanation.

Let me ask you a precise question.

You quoted Al Baghdadi. When and where did he quote the verses you cited? That's the question.

If you cant provide evidence to this you have made a bogus claim.