• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blasphemy ‘is no crime’, says Macron amid French girl’s anti-Islam row

firedragon

Veteran Member
Not really. The Bible and Quran both provide ample examples, reasons, and justifications for the horrors, cruelties, and wickedness of the Crusader and Jihadist alike. There is no "true Islam" just as there is no "true Christianity." And with internal contradictions and inconsistencies that are in no short supply, it ends up being that no one is right and no one is wrong.

irrelevant argument. This is not about any of these religions being true or if the books have violent teachings.

you have not understood the question.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
irrelevant argument. This is not about any of these religions being true or if the books have violent teachings.

you have not understood the question.
I don't think you understand the problem that it entirely matters not if you think someone only "claims" an ideology. Al Qaeda is Muslim. Boko Haram is Muslim.Hezbollah is Muslim. Just as the Ottoman Empire was Muslim. Just as all the good ones you can name are Muslim. Just as those who are Muslim and wrongly labeled as Islmaphobic are Muslim. You calling them hypocrites changes nothing. No more than the common expression and sentiment that Christians are the biggest hypocrites out there. But, even though many of them are hypocrites, they are still Christian.

atanu

Premium Member
I agree that it suggests hatred of an idea and ignorance, however I see it as no more reckless than the comments she was responding to. I acknowledge that one bad turn does not deserve another, but I think it not possible to attribute ignorance and poor motive to the girl, maybe all she knows of the Quran is what she perceived from the comments directed towards her judging her as a whore for being a lesbian.

Ha ha. See, it is always debatable who started it. :D

My point is that waves on the ocean know not what propel them to strike against each other with fury and sound. I must pat my back for having thought of this.

atanu

Premium Member
Oh, I never said that Islam was the only source of violence.
And I did consider the many centuries of Islam's existence.
Remember the Ameristanian war against Islamic pirates in the
1700s? Yeah, their violence goes back that far & even earlier.

Huh? What about other pirates. especially of the Bokono variety?:cool:

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Here people are free to be outspoken and sometimes vulgar to diss the Vatican, since this Pope has gone "political "...

So I do not understand why there should be double standards.
By "gone political" you mean bring the church more in line with Christ's teachings and examples?
Anyway, nothing is above reproach.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't think you understand the problem that it entirely matters not if you think someone only "claims" an ideology. Al Qaeda is Muslim. Boko Haram is Muslim.Hezbollah is Muslim. Just as the Ottoman Empire was Muslim. Just as all the good ones you can name are Muslim. Just as those who are Muslim and wrongly labeled as Islmaphobic are Muslim. You calling them hypocrites changes nothing. No more than the common expression and sentiment that Christians are the biggest hypocrites out there. But, even though many of them are hypocrites, they are still Christian.

True.

Yet, its fault is not of the religion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
True.

Yet, its fault is not of the religion.
The religion gives commandments such as killing blasphemers, infidels, and apostates. The religious texts tell of stories where the warriors of god are told they can keep the women of captured cities for themselves as plunders and spoils of war. The words of their sacred prophets speak of theocratic rule, women being beneath men, and death to many people for many various things. They claim they are religions of peace, mercy, love, and forgiveness, but underneath words of sweetness and understanding lie punishments and policies of cruelty, savage brutality, loss of self-autonomy, execution in life and eternal damnation in the afterlife.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The religion gives commandments such as killing blasphemers, infidels, and apostates. The religious texts tell of stories where the warriors of god are told they can keep the women of captured cities for themselves as plunders and spoils of war. The words of their sacred prophets speak of theocratic rule, women being beneath men, and death to many people for many various things. They claim they are religions of peace, mercy, love, and forgiveness, but underneath words of sweetness and understanding lie punishments and policies of cruelty, savage brutality, loss of self-autonomy, execution in life and eternal damnation in the afterlife.

The truth is, you still cannot blame it on the religion.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
...or saying Trump is not a Christian for he wants to build walls...;)
Well, Trump is a ****-poor example of a christian. He only identifies as such because it's politically advantageous.
Does anyone actually believe that Trump aspires to follow the teachings and examples of Christ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The truth is, you still cannot blame it on the religion.
When a Muslim shouts "Allah Akbar" and blows himself up to kill a handful of other people, he was inspired by his religion, and it is to blame. Much like how Christianity is to blame for the Inquisitions. It's not like they're having to read their books backwards to read this stuff into it. It's clearly a part of what god said to do.

firedragon

Veteran Member
When a Muslim shouts "Allah Akbar" and blows himself up to kill a handful of other people, he was inspired by his religion, and it is to blame. Much like how Christianity is to blame for the Inquisitions. It's not like they're having to read their books backwards to read this stuff into it. It's clearly a part of what god said to do.

You still cannot blame the religion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Such as, when I see a woman wearing a niqab, I blame such awful repression on conservative interpretations of Islam, and of course it is Islam because the women of other religions and sects of Islam that aren't as conservative do not wear such dehumanizing garb. It only gets worse than that when you get even more Conservative and fundamental with Islam.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Many do. That doesnt make it right.

Peace. ).
It is right when the Jihadists themselves can give you chapter and verse support of their beliefs. And, of course, they are just as much in the right to denounce other Muslims as hypocrites as you denounce them. And one thing that does hold common in Abrahamic religions is that judgement of such things is reserved exclusively to their god. But yet so many of his (their?) followers are eager and trigger happy when it comes to passing judgement. Denouncing each other as being hypocrites and wrong in the interpretation of scriptures is perhaps the strongest and most widespread, and is known for turning violent. And they all have their reasons based in their interpretation and understanding of their scriptures. It's a long tradition that itself is nearing 2000 years. The Christians don't kill each other much anymore, but Muslims are definitely killing each other, just as Muslims and Christians are killing each other, with the Jews still getting caught in the middle. And just ask them. They'll tell you they are right, they will be fully convinced they are right, and they have the knowledge of the scriptures they read to support them. Prove them wrong? You can't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To go back to my example of Vlad, the Ottoman Empire was not provoked to invade countries such as Wallachia and Hungary. But, for the glory of Islam and the Caliphate, they did with the goal of establishing a global caliphate. And they heavily relied on a slave army to do it. When they sacked Constantinople, making it what would become Istanbul, and converted the Hagia Sophia into a mosque, they were not provoked by any outsiders, it was not a need of survival, it was not lashing out. It was to build and expand the Caliphate. Under other Sultans, they would later invade as fair as Spain, capturing parts of it, and even invading into Italy with attempts to capture Rome. They did it because they were motivated by their beliefs in Islam.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It is right when the Jihadists themselves can give you chapter and verse support of their beliefs. And, of course, they are just as much in the right to denounce other Muslims as hypocrites as you denounce them. And one thing that does hold common in Abrahamic religions is that judgement of such things is reserved exclusively to their god. But yet so many of his (their?) followers are eager and trigger happy when it comes to passing judgement. Denouncing each other as being hypocrites and wrong in the interpretation of scriptures is perhaps the strongest and most widespread, and is known for turning violent. And they all have their reasons based in their interpretation and understanding of their scriptures. It's a long tradition that itself is nearing 2000 years. The Christians don't kill each other much anymore, but Muslims are definitely killing each other, just as Muslims and Christians are killing each other, with the Jews still getting caught in the middle. And just ask them. They'll tell you they are right, they will be fully convinced they are right, and they have the knowledge of the scriptures they read to support them. Prove them wrong? You can't.
Still, you can’t blame it on religion.