• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden kills the court decision.

Truth in love

The Supreme Court of USA has made the America Great Again and gave this nation a chance
to survive the Climate Change and WW3 war by acknowledging, that abortion is first degree murder.
Can major sinner Biden kill the court decision?

Abortion is sin in all Theistic Religions.
Suicide is sin in all Theistic Religions.
Why Abortion is "legal", but Suicide is not?

America must function. The non-religious way is collective suicide sooner or later.
I would argue that non religious folks can and do live good lives.
Now long term it seems few stick to high moral ideals without some kind of religion, but I don’t think it’s fair to dismiss those that do.
Got knows for sure and will send you to hell is a much more effective threat then the cops might find out and you might go to prison. So for those looking to behave just to avoid punishment religion is a far better method.

Personally I think it provides stronger reasons and incentives on the positive side as well, but there is nothing out there to stop a person with no beliefs from choosing to be kind, honest etc.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The Supreme Court of USA has made the America Great Again and gave this nation a chance
to survive the Climate Change and WW3 war by acknowledging, that abortion is first degree murder.

America must function. The non-religious way is collective suicide sooner or later.
Uh... what about talking some truth for a little while?

You might come to enjoy it, you know.

Suave

Simulated character
I am living in my own world. The world of blue ponies and yellow teddy bears. In my world, I am the king, and we have no separation between reality and religion.

"I break down in the middle and lose my thread, no one can understand a word that I say" - Alan Parsons Project, 1977

Suave

Simulated character
F.Y.I. Suicide is actually not prohibited by law, since perpetrators of suicide always seemingly manage to elude legal prosecution.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That's a rather bizarre statement. mentioning climate change, WWIII, and that abortion is first degree murder.

John8[7] Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Maybe study and reflect on Christian theology instead of parroting right-wing partisan politics.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm not so sure of that.
Of course they can! Roe was struck down primarily because there is no "right to privacy" in the Constitution. So what, there are no cars in the Constitution, either, but Congress can write laws about them. So Congress could easily write legislation that says, "all residents (citizens and non-citizens) of these United States of America have the right to privacy of their own conscience, to privacy within their own homes, and to privacy respecting their personal relationships." If they do, and the President signs, it's the law.

The Constitution can also be amended. It has been 27 times already. And SCOTUS would just have to choke on it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Your theistic religion may be against abortion, but that does not mean all theistic religions are against abortion. Not even all Christian religions are against abortion.

esmith

Veteran Member
The courts don't "strike down" legislation. They can decide that the legislation is not constitutionally legal. And subsequent courts will tend to follow that president. The Congress, however, can alter or change the court if the conflict between them becomes intractable.

I personally believe we have reached that point since the Supreme Court is no longer following or abiding by the constitution as it has sworn and is mandated to do. The court has gone "rogue" and therefor must be replaced.
When one doesn't understand the Constitution as the founders wrote it I can disagree with you, but not understand why you think so.,

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
. The court has gone "rogue" and therefor must be replaced.

And congress does have checks on the Supreme Court, such as impeachment of justices. It just has to be done, which doesn't seem likely with the current Senate makeup.

PureX

Veteran Member
When one doesn't understand the Constitution as the founders wrote it I can disagree with you, but not understand why you think so.,
In this instance it's very easy to understand their determination to keep church and state apart. They wrote about it profusely, and we have those letters. We also have the Declaration of Independence which pretty clearly states the reasons why they were establishing a new government, and it's goals. AND we have the precedent of prior court decisions. There is no reason for any confusion on this, especially for supreme court judges, who are supposed to be thoroughly knowledgeable on constitutional law. Unfortunately, the republicans deliberately pushed through grossly deficient candidates while the candidates themselves lied to get the job. And now we have a rogue court.

esmith

Veteran Member
In this instance it's very easy to understand their determination to keep church and state apart. They wrote about it profusely, and we have those letters. We also have the Declaration of Independence which pretty clearly states the reasons why they were establishing a new government, and it's goals. AND we have the precedent of prior court decisions. There is no reason for any confusion on this, especially for supreme court judges, who are supposed to be thoroughly knowledgeable on constitutional law. Unfortunately, the republicans deliberately pushed through grossly deficient candidates while the candidates themselves lied to get the job. And now we have a rogue court.
Provide proof that they lied. Supply what words they said that provers this...Must be a quote not hearsay.

You seem to have a problem with their rulings and say they are "unconstitutional".
What is uncostitutional about their rulings? Provide proof that the rulings were unconstitutional.