• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden kills the court decision.

questfortruth

The Supreme Court of USA has made the America Great Again and gave this nation a chance
to survive the Climate Change and WW3 war by acknowledging, that abortion is first degree murder.
Can major sinner Biden kill the court decision?

Abortion is sin in all Theistic Religions.
Suicide is sin in all Theistic Religions.
Why Abortion is "legal", but Suicide is not?

America must function. The non-religious way is collective suicide sooner or later.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If you ask me, I think in the long run, this decision will indirectly be decided by voters in the 2022 Congress election. Because if the Democrats get a few more people in through the democratic process (voting), then they may not need to eliminate the filibuster at all to pass legislation overruling the Supreme Court decision, or even if they must eliminate the filibuster to do so, they can still do so more easily, I think, if they can get a few more Democrats in.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The Supreme Court of USA has made the America Great Again and gave this nation a chance
to survive the Climate Change and WW3 war by acknowledging, that abortion is first degree murder.
Can d-mn Biden kill the court decision?

The Supreme Court is bringing us back to the division of post-Civil War America. If the America that want back again is the antebellum South, then I sure hope the checks on the Supreme Court can manage to balance things out.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Um, I think only Congress can overrule the Supreme Court decision. And first, they'd have to eliminate the filibuster.
Congress cannot over-rule SCOTUS.
But Congress can learn from rulings the reasons
why an aspect of legislation was struck down,
& then write new survivable legislation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

PureX

Veteran Member
The courts don't "strike down" legislation. They can decide that the legislation is not constitutionally legal. And subsequent courts will tend to follow that president. The Congress, however, can alter or change the court if the conflict between them becomes intractable.

I personally believe we have reached that point since the Supreme Court is no longer following or abiding by the constitution as it has sworn and is mandated to do. The court has gone "rogue" and therefor must be replaced.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The Supreme Court is bringing us back to the division of post-Civil War America. If the America that want back again is the antebellum South, then I sure hope the checks on the Supreme Court can manage to balance things out.
We were already there.
This just makes it easier to tell who is on your side.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Supreme Court of USA has made the America Great Again

So you think America is great? It's wealthy and powerful, but greatness comes from the way a nation uses those resources, and the way it treats its people. Greatness comes from moral leadership, being the shining beacon on the hill. America is far from that, and further than it was before MAGA. America is like that mean drunk brother-in-law struggling with sobriety who seems poised to go off the wagon at any time.

and gave this nation a chance to survive the Climate Change and WW3 war by acknowledging, that abortion is first degree murder.

Except that the Court didn't do either of those. Climate catastrophe just became slightly more accelerated thanks to the Court, and it did not declare abortion murder.

Far from avoiding climate change, America seems to be taking the brunt of it. Neither Canada above nor Mexico below have as much extreme weather, and I'm not aware of other parts of the world at similar latitudes on other continents experiencing the same degree of drought, fire, tornadoes, etc..

America is a secular state, and since sin has no meaning outside of theistic religions, that statement is irrelevant in principle. Unfortunately, it was very relevant to several conservative justices in the recent Court decision. You know your Constitution is on life support when much of the nation's higher court flouts bedrock American principles like church-state separation.

PureX

Veteran Member
First of all, "sin" is not relevant to determining civil law. Secondly, suicide is self-murder in that the victim is a recognized legal human being. Whereas a fetus prior to a specific stage of development is not recognized legally as a human being.

You may not agree, but you are not appointed to decide these things. And even the people that are, are obliged by a sworn oath to adhere to the letter and the spirit of the Constitution.

Instead several of them deliberately lied, and now defy their oath, to force the court to render decisions that are not in keeping with either the letter or the spirit of the Constitution. Nor with the presidents set by previous court decisions. Not only that, by refusing to render a decision, and dumping it on individual state political entities to decide, they have willfully refused to act on behalf of the rights of all citizens regardless of their geographical location. It was the court's responsibility to either let the previous court's decision stand, or replace it with a better one. Instead they did neither, and dumped the decision of state politicians.

They have totally failed at their most profound responsibilities. And this court should be disbanded and replaced. OR, those who lied and debased their oath should be removed from the court and replaced.

Suave

Simulated character
Can major sinner Biden kill the court decision?

America must function. The non-religious way is collective suicide sooner or later.

Please allow us to disagree with the notion of abortion as being considered an act of first-degree murder. In order for murder to occur, there would need to be a person who is subjected to being murdered. A person is somebody who has experienced human consciousness. A fetus has never experienced any consciousness and is therefore not a person. An embryo being subjected to extraction from the uterus of its maternal procreator does not even have the self-awareness to realize its own prospective mortality. Because a fetus is not a person, it can never be considered as being murdered. Since an embryo can never be considered as being murdered, its detachment and fatal removal from in utero cannot be considered as an act of premeditated homicide,

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am living in my own world. The world of blue ponies and yellow teddy bears. In my world, I am the king, and we have no separation between reality and religion.

An interesting confession. No argument here.

Religion (Christianity) has been very damaging to America. It's alliance with the Republican party has done considerable damage to Americanism, and has resulted in the partial realization of the Republican agenda for Americans, starting back with the rise of the so-called Moral Majority and its cynical family values meme, and manifesting presently as an assault on multiple bedrock American principles.

Religion is also the source of most anti-scientism and anti-intellectualism in the States, which has manifested outside of religion as toxic faith (election hoax, climate denial, vaccine hesitancy, uncritical acceptance of the widespread disinformation through social media)

The non-religious way to which you referred is what led to the rise of Enlightenment values and humanism, and with it, the modern liberal, secular, democratic state with its guaranteed personal freedoms such as freedom of religion. The religious way is to impose one's religious values on the entire population whether they like it or not, which is the antithesis of democracy and church-state separation, making this religion in permanent opposition to the core American values that have sustained the nation until now, and which it threatens to erode further.

The parts of the western world where, according to surveys, the people are most content and least dysfunctional, are the most atheistic social democracies such as in Canada and western Europe. Look at the chaos and division it's presently causing in the States.