• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad For Jews in the UK?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Float like a butterfly sting like a bee Revoltingest ?
I float more like a holstein, & sting like a guernsey.
Back on topic; The Jewish people will remain cursed and blessed until the end times. Who would of thought that Israel could survive while surrounded by those that want to destroy the tiny nation. Israel has fulfilled prophesy as outlined by the bible and she isn't done yet...
Israel should make some foreign policy changes...something more peaceful.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I'm very torn by this. On the one hand, I support the Palestinians. On the other, why do extremist groups attack Israel? Is this more fulfillment of Genesis 16?

And, I have heard a Jewish scholar say that Israel LOST the right to the land before the diaspora. What ?

Yea Ms Brown, another fair minded member! Well In my opinion there are two major players, and a few minor players that want to own and make Israel in their own image. The first (for lack of a better word) are secular Jewish concerns, Jewish people that ignore Biblical covenant where God deeds the land to the ancient Jews and their offspring. The other group believe God gave the old land of Canaan to the Jewish people as they left Egypt, ie told in the biblical book of Exodus. These are the Jews and Christians who incorporate the Exodus story etc into their belief system. In my opinion the reason extremists attack Israel is they believe the lies and propaganda of old and modern terrorist groups like ISIS the defunct PLO etc. They rewrite history pass it off as actual truth! The truth s in every library. Those that are interested in such things should research 'near east' (middle eastern) history etc, Biblical Archeology, anthropology and anthropology etc. An Arab Palestine has never existed. The truth is what we call Palestinians today are really Arab refugees of lost war against Israel. Many are Jordanian refugees of the 48' war with Israel.

The Truth about the Palestinian People

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
If history has anything to tell us it's because Christians/Muslims needs a flesh and blood bogeyman they can toss around.
Christian antisemitism is mostly confined to a sedevacantist fringe. These days it's usually political, not religious. Both political extremes mind you, that also tend to also be anti-Christian.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

Yea Ms Brown, another fair minded member! Well In my opinion there are two major players, and a few minor players that want to own and make Israel in their own image. The first (for lack of a better word) are secular Jewish concerns, Jewish people that ignore Biblical covenant where God deeds the land to the ancient Jews and their offspring. The other group believe God gave the old land of Canaan to the Jewish people as they left Egypt, ie told in the biblical book of Exodus. These are the Jews and Christians who incorporate the Exodus story etc into their belief system. In my opinion the reason extremists attack Israel is they believe the lies and propaganda of old and modern terrorist groups like ISIS the defunct PLO etc. They rewrite history pass it off as actual truth! The truth s in every library. Those that are interested in such things should research 'near east' (middle eastern) history etc, Biblical Archeology, anthropology and anthropology etc. An Arab Palestine has never existed. The truth is what we call Palestinians today are really Arab refugees of lost war against Israel. Many are Jordanian refugees of the 48' war with Israel.

The Truth about the Palestinian People

I am not an expert on the subject. My OP was to talk about here and now in the UK. I take no joy in the suffering of others. You seem to think that the Palestinians are less than human.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I didn't put this in the Jewish Forums because I want to hear from everyone.

In BBC, I was surprised to see the article that states things are so bad for Jews there, that some are considering leaving? This is very surprising.

Correction: CNN has the story.

Im not sure Jews are any worse off than any other non british group at the moment.

Brexit has implanted a wave of xenophobia that was once anathema to culturally diverse and tolerant county.

It makes me weep for the country of my birth.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ok, shows the cherry picking of data by the right dominated press is working where required

Who is George Stoakley, the Tory under fire for racist tweets?
I see. These were comments by a 19yr old who, five years later was standing as a candidate in a local government election. He has now been suspended of course. So a total non-entity, and illustrative of nothing whatever.

And the fact I had not heard of this is thus hardly evidence of a right wing control of the media. (I see it was actually fully reported in the local Cambridge paper - which obviously I don't read, not living in Cambridge.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I see. These were comments by a 19yr old who, five years later was standing as a candidate in a local government election. He has now been suspended of course. So a total non-entity, and illustrative of nothing whatever.

And the fact I had not heard of this is thus hardly evidence of a right wing control of the media. (I see it was actually fully reported in the local Cambridge paper - which obviously I don't read, not living in Cambridge.)

I responded to your quote "The Right in the UK is not at all antisemitic.". My one name and a dossier containing hunreds of anti-Semitic, xenophobic, and racist occurrences shows that statement to be false

Not reported in the big 5 which do have a right wing agenda.

Barclay brothers - right
Lord Rothermere - right
Rupert Murdoch - right
Reach media - right
Richard Desmond - right

Oh and another big circulation in london
Alexander Lebedev - right

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
And the fact I had not heard of this is thus hardly evidence of a right wing control of the media.

The number of news outlets and their readership would seem to indicate so - how many decidedly left-wing ones are there? Most of these have very small readerships - New Statesman, for example. The Mirror, Guardian, and Independent don't add up to much either, if the latter two can be called left-wing.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I responded to your quote "The Right in the UK is not at all antisemitic.". My one name and a dossier containing hunreds of anti-Semitic, xenophobic, and racist occurrences shows that statement to be false

Not reported in the big 5 which do have a right wing agenda.

Barclay brothers - right
Lord Rothermere - right
Rupert Murdoch - right
Reach media - right
Richard Desmond - right

Oh and another big circulation in london
Alexander Lebedev - right

Your "dossier" contains only three antisemitic remarks by people affiliated with the conservative party and on all occasions it was quickly jumped on by senior figures in the party. In two cases the individual was suspended and in the third he apologised.

So you do not have "hundreds" of antisemitic statements, you have three, (plus one further incident involving a student society.) It seems to me the paltriness of the evidence, and the evidence of the strong reaction to it, make my point for me.

There is no reason why this trivial non-story about the 19yr old should have been reported by the national press. Even the BBC only included it in their regional news section.