• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad For Jews in the UK?

Ellen Brown

I didn't put this in the Jewish Forums because I want to hear from everyone.

In BBC, I was surprised to see the article that states things are so bad for Jews there, that some are considering leaving? This is very surprising.

Correction: CNN has the story.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hello. This is very disheartening. I wonder though how many countries we could name in which Jews did NOT face discrimination?

Peace

BSM1

What? Me worry?

In BBC, I was surprised to see the article that states things are so bad for Jews there, that some are considering leaving? This is very surprising.

Sooo...are we expecting the parting of the English Channel (I'm truly sorry, but I couldn't help myself)?

Ellen Brown

Hello. This is very disheartening. I wonder though how many countries we could name in which Jews did NOT face discrimination?

Peace

It is confusing. When I was a very observant Muslim, I still respected the Jews, as do most Muslims. I've met nice Jews and those who I just wanted to punch. The same is true of Baptists, Catholics, Mormons and Atheists...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is confusing. When I was a very observant Muslim, I still respected the Jews, as do most Muslims. I've met nice Jews and those who I just wanted to punch. The same is true of Baptists, Catholics, Mormons and Atheists...
You called?
(I've been punched recently by a few here.
They don't take disagreement well.)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Can you give us the link?

Ellen Brown

You ever wonder why they are always persecuted?

I've had contact with some very nice Jews, and some who were absolute jerks. You can't imagine some of the nutty stuff they get up to. G_d said they were a stiff necked people...

exchemist

Veteran Member

I think this story is rather overdone. I see that the text of your link says that the actual number leaving the UK this year is lower than in the previous three! So this is just talk, basically.

What is for sure is that there is no general undercurrent of antisemitism in Britain. There certainly is an undercurrent of criticism of Israel, but that is hardly surprising, given Israel's current politics.

The Labour left I think has a problem because they have a lot of people who strongly side with the Palestinians in the disputes in the Holy Land and this can shade off into antisemitism if people are lazy in their thinking or their speech. But this is all in the world of political activism, and does not colour the views of the man in the street, so far as I can judge.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
You called?
(I've been punched recently by a few here.
They don't take disagreement well.)

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee Revoltingest ? Back on topic; The Jewish people will remain cursed and blessed until the end times. Who would of thought that Israel could survive while surrounded by those that want to destroy the tiny nation. Israel has fulfilled prophesy as outlined by the bible and she isn't done yet...

Ellen Brown

I think this story is rather overdone. I see that the text of your link says that the actual number leaving the UK this year is lower than in the previous three! So this is just talk, basically.

What is for sure is that there is no general undercurrent of antisemitism in Britain. There certainly is an undercurrent of criticism of Israel, but that is hardly surprising, given Israel's current politics.

The Labour left I think has a problem because they have a lot of people who strongly side with the Palestinians in the disputes in the Holy Land and this can shade off into antisemitism if people are lazy in their thinking or their speech. But this is all in the world of political activism, and does not colour the views of the man in the street, so far as I can judge.

So, the press overcooked it?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I've had contact with some very nice Jews, and some who were absolute jerks. You can't imagine some of the nutty stuff they get up to. G_d said they were a stiff necked people...
G_d may have said that... but maybe there is something to the history of being chosen to carry G_d's word that made Satan angry.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If history has anything to tell us it's because Christians/Muslims needs a flesh and blood bogeyman they can toss around.
Don't think so... but it is always another viewpoint.