• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athiesm leads to the destruction of humanity - Now with Charts!!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Apart from the complete lack of understanding of logical connections, it's not even a properly designed flow chart.

Abulafia

What?
Now, that is a biased, unfair and misleading statement if I ever saw one.

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll::troll::troll::troll:

The public strongly advises caution. Reactionaries usually have a bomb somewhere or a schizo cat....or both.

Last edited:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
If anything Atheism leads to decreased hight and blue skin... only decreased hight if on Pandora.

Jeremiah

Say it did happen. Would the atheist see the connections? They'd probably blame it on the few remaining religious folks. Besides, how can you blame anything on atheism? It's so easy to argue yourself out of it.

It's not like all atheist are blue colored smurfs...

I think you have been smurfing to much smurf wine.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Say it did happen. Would the atheist see the connections? They'd probably blame it on the few remaining religious folks. Besides, how can you blame anything on atheism? It's so easy to argue yourself out of it.

It's not like all atheist are blue colored smurfs...

When claims are wholly devoid of any evidence or logical coherency, an honest person can do nothing other than dismiss them as the outlandish drivel that they are.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I didn't "giggle".

It's good, and ironically very true; let's see, which of the top three consequences are we not now seeing?

1) People as Consumers Only (check! Happening)

2) Increasing Antisocial Behaviors (check! Happening)

3) Disintegration of the Concept of Truth (check! Most Definitely Happening)

Unless you're blind, it's hard to dispute. Now blaming Atheism, I can see how that can be done, but it's not a stretch to say that man's self-destructive tendencies are as much in spite of himself as spite for and hatred of God.

You must be pretty easy to impress and persuade.

Duck

More giggles found on Pharyngula

atheistSociety-thumb-500x391-54485.jpg

They forgot dogs and cats living together...

Duck

It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, athiestic governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives...there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mengistu, Bierut, Choibalsan.... these are examples of athiest leaders.

not all athiests are militant athiests, just as not all thiests are militant theists... if you compare militant to militant, the athiests have killed more people by far... we're talking tens of millions rather than tens of thousands.

Yes, yes, yes...Stalin was an atheist and was responsible for killing a lot of people. The only reason the death toll wasn't higher during the crusades was because they actually had to walk over and hit the infidel/unbeliever/devil worshipping bad guys with a stick. Had Pope Urban been able to nuke the site from orbit, I am quite sure that Mecca, Islamabad, Cairo, Istanbul, New Delhi, and any other "heathen" religious sites would STILL be cooling down and radioactively uninhabitable.

Jeremiah

It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, athiestic governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives...there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mengistu, Bierut, Choibalsan.... these are examples of athiest leaders.

not all athiests are militant athiests, just as not all thiests are militant theists... if you compare militant to militant, the athiests have killed more people by far... we're talking tens of millions rather than tens of thousands.

I would like to smurf the data. Where are you smurfing this information?

One thing I will smurf you for sure; no atheist has killed another smurf because "God" told them to.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

"athiestic governments under the banner of communism"

What the smurf is that? Communism would the government, not atheism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Well....not so fast. Consider the following:
- Stalin attended a church school as a youth, & a seminary as a young adult.
- Hitler was Catholic.
- Augusto Pinochet was Catholic.
- Francisco Franco was Catholic.
- Charles Taylor was overtly religious (although he could've been disingenuous).
- The entire Middle East conflict certainly seems driven by Christian vs Muslim vs Jew.
- The 100 Years War involved only Christians.
- Etc, etc, etc.

People is stupid. People is violent. Malefactors seem to be neither caused or cured by theism or atheism.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

If you think atheism is responsible for millions of deaths, then you might want to consider changing your username to "Bad Idea". I know your position seems to make sense to you, but it is, in fact, illogical.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Norwegians smurfs! I like it……

It’s nice to see my hypothetical was met with such interest. In all seriousness, how exactly would you prove such a diverse group as atheist is responsible of any atrocity? Is their a FSM bible somewhere?

So…

If you read about 1,000 Christians waging war………..it’s because of Christianity

If you read about 1,000 Atheist waging war……….it’s because of anything but atheism.

Of course, everything Christians do has to be connected to their beliefs or tenets right?

I’m aware of the difference between them but a lack of a bible or centralized tenets might just be the problem. Far fetched?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Norwegians smurfs! I like it……

It’s nice to see my hypothetical was met with such interest. In all seriousness, how exactly would you prove such a diverse group as atheist is responsible of any atrocity? Is their a FSM bible somewhere?

So…

If you read about 1,000 Christians waging war………..it’s because of Christianity

If you read about 1,000 Atheist waging war……….it’s because of anything but atheism.

Of course, everything Christians do has to be connected to their beliefs or tenets right?

I’m aware of the difference between them but a lack of a bible or centralized tenets might just be the problem. Far fetched?

Why are you assuming people are blaming things on Christianity?

Quiddity

Logically, yes, it's far fetched if by far fetched you mean illogical.
Illogical? I don't know. My philosophy is rusty.

Atheist attach meaning just like we do, right? That is where it all begins. So really, is it illogical?

Quiddity

Why are you assuming people are blaming things on Christianity?
It was an example. I could of put Buddhism in there.

But yeah, normally Abrahamaic religions do get the brunt of it. Which is all within good reason, but it goes amok at times.