• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists you suck at being atheists.

David T

Premium Member
Atheists suck at being Atheists.No wonder the church is so screwy you suck at doing your job. Atheism is infact very important aspect to church and church life. Doubt is important. You are going to heaven Whether you like it or not. You are screwed. If you are bad you wlll be eternally stuck in the pentacostal section.. It will be heaven and worse than the lake of fire. Ha! An eternity stuck with your worst nightmare crazy religious fanatics.

Ok the humor aside can any self aware atheist (oxymoron), tell me the major problem. With religion today?
Please,
No the bible is the problem.
No science is the truth
No usage of the term god allowed.
Or politics.
Omg i have eliminated science, the bible, and god from the discussion.. I have eliminated 4 crutches always used. Whats the main problem as you see it with none of the above crutches allowed. I might add some depending.

HonestJoe

Why do you presume atheists ("self aware" or otherwise) necessarily believe there is any major problems with religion?

3rdAngel

Atheists suck at being Atheists.No wonder the church is so screwy you suck at doing your job. Atheism is infact very important aspect to church and church life. Doubt is important. You are going to heaven Whether you like it or not. You are screwed. If you are bad you wlll be eternally stuck in the pentacostal section.. It will be heaven and worse than the lake of fire. Ha! An eternity stuck with your worst nightmare crazy religious fanatics.

Ok the humor aside can any self aware atheist (oxymoron), tell me the major problem. With religion today?
Please,
No science is the truth
Or politics.
Omg i have eliminated science, the bible, and god from the discussion.. I have eliminated 4 crutches always used. Whats the main problem as you see it with none of the above crutches allowed. I might add some depending.

What makes you think Atheism in itself is not a religion in it self to deny other religions? You have to have a lot of faith to believe in atheism just like any other religion. How do you know your religion is true and if it isn't should you be worried?

Nimos

Please,
No science is the truth
Or politics.
Main issue as I see it is unjustified and none rational ideas, which in some cases can be harmful to other people.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Please,
No science is the truth
Or politics.

Personally, I have no problem with any religion. As far as I'm concerned, everyone has the right to believe however they wish, whether they believe in nature, god, gods, goddesses, witches, Great Pumpkins, Flying Spaghetti Monsters, or whatever they want. I have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. It doesn't hurt me in the slightest if they believe, nor does it hurt them in the slightest if I do not believe.

You'd think that everything would be hunky-dory and we could all just live and let live.

Apart from that, I see nothing wrong with discussing these various topics with people of different beliefs. If people are open-minded enough and able to accept constructive criticism, then it shouldn't be a problem. But not everyone can stay even-tempered enough; some people are hotheads and get angry over something someone else said.

The problem may not be religion, per se. The problem is people. People suck at being people. (You say that about atheists from the top, but the only problem with atheists is that they're people, too. Therefore, they suck. Everybody sucks.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What makes you think Atheism in itself is not a religion in it self to deny other religions? You have to have a lot of faith to believe in atheism just like any other religion. How do you know your religion is true and if it isn't should you be worried?
Atheism is how you were before theistic religion got introduced. It's not a religion, it's simply how everyone starts out. Default position. One without gods.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Atheists suck at being Atheists.No wonder the church is so screwy you suck at doing your job.
What church is so screwy, and what is our job?
What would atheists be like if we didn't suck at being atheists?

If anyone sucks at their job it's the religious, who can't seem to agree on anything and are endlessly fighting and bickering with each other.
Atheism is infact very important aspect to church and church life. Doubt is important. You are going to heaven Whether you like it or not. You are screwed.
If you are bad you wlll be eternally stuck in the pentacostal section.. It will be heaven and worse than the lake of fire. Ha! An eternity stuck with your worst nightmare crazy religious fanatics.

Please,
No science is the truth
Or politics.
Why would atheists as a bloc have any opinion about the problem with religion today? Do you think we pay any attention to religious problems?
The "problem" has nothing to do with the Bible, science, God or politics -- any more than disbelief in unicorns does.
The problem is that "God" is an extraordinary claim with no supporting evidence.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
tell me the major problem. With religion today?
There isn't really a problem with it. If it helps people to be better at being compassionate and more understanding towards all other living things. If it causes people to feel the need to tell others they have the only true answers and people need to believe what they do, it will never lead to anything other than arrogance, ignorance, and strife. Then it becomes a problem.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why do you presume atheists ("self aware" or otherwise) necessarily believe there is any major problems with religion?
I see the problem only in "This only is correct", otherwise religion and personal belief is OK with me. I resent the way OP (and many others) rant (wearing the halo).

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Atheism is not a set of doctrine, dogma, belief, or rituals that are part of a religion. Ergo, its not a religion. Also, Pascals Wager is a terrible reason to have faith, and this little "insurance policy," asides from being motivated in a selfish persuit to save ones own hide, I have to imagine is rather offensive to any gods that may be.

Milton Platt

Please,
No science is the truth
Or politics.

you want responses to your questions from atheists, but you then insult them, followed by telling them what their answers cannot be. why don’y you start over with a serious post?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster

Please,
No science is the truth
Or politics.
They have no sense of class or decorum.

David T

Premium Member
They have no sense of class or decorum.
Lol, oh so true. They tend to actually be very smart. Their great weakness!
I feel like a cantankerous old caver wandering the streets of ancient Athens picking phlosophical fights!! Socrates pure genius!

I kind of click baited the title it worked. I started here i already know i have to trudge througe the others! You would make a most sorry carpenter but maybe a decent tile setter? ...

David T

Premium Member
Mono interesting topic actually, bjt thagmts a different topic. Ever hears of mono theism? Vut Different topic.

David T

Premium Member
Main issue as I see it is unjustified and none rational ideas, which in some cases can be harmful to other people.
I think thats totally valid . At least in part. I dont know how many of us if any are actually totally rational. I think because of that we need each other. Thats why i said. Atheists are important to the church.

David T

Premium Member
Personally, I have no problem with any religion. As far as I'm concerned, everyone has the right to believe however they wish, whether they believe in nature, god, gods, goddesses, witches, Great Pumpkins, Flying Spaghetti Monsters, or whatever they want. I have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. It doesn't hurt me in the slightest if they believe, nor does it hurt them in the slightest if I do not believe.

You'd think that everything would be hunky-dory and we could all just live and let live.

Apart from that, I see nothing wrong with discussing these various topics with people of different beliefs. If people are open-minded enough and able to accept constructive criticism, then it shouldn't be a problem. But not everyone can stay even-tempered enough; some people are hotheads and get angry over something someone else said.

The problem may not be religion, per se. The problem is people. People suck at being people. (You say that about atheists from the top, but the only problem with atheists is that they're people, too. Therefore, they suck. Everybody sucks.)
It was click bait title i learned it on the internet. Lol. I thought i framed it nicely with humor.
Yes atheists are people. Actually very nice folk gemerally. My father was an atheist. What you think i care? Oh no not all he was a good man.
Community is a difficult thing. And Society is another topic.

To much focusing on society and church pretty quickly loses its capacity to be community. I am pretty sure it best functions in small scale, is spiritual in nature and has concerns with the poor and our vision of nature and by default thus .....i cant use the g word or the dude that posted this will get pissed.