• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism, Theism, Pantheism, Agnosticism, Deism test.

RubyEyes

Truth Seeker
Are You Atheist, Agnostic, Pantheist, Deist, Pagan or what? Religion SelectSmart.com free personality test, selector quiz, matching, choose, compare.

It's one of the few quizzes I've found that include pantheism (maybe because it was made by a pantheistic website).

Naturalistic Pantheism - 100%
Dualist Pantheism - 77%
Agnosticism - 71%
-
Regular monotheism - 34%
Panentheism & Regular Monotheism - 100%
Dualist Pantheism - 72%

The rest were below 70% (but it included a lot of high percentages).

I'm a theist and I believe in a personal god, though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Atheism / Secular Humanism (100%)
Idealist Pantheism (94%)
Agnosticism (84%)
Dualist Pantheism (84%)
Panentheism (84%)
Regular Monotheism (84%)
Deism (78%)
Literal Paganism / New Age / Animism (68%)
Naturalistic Pantheism (57%)

Well, that certainly was a shocker. :rolleyes:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
[FONT=helvetica,Arial]Atheism / Secular Humanism (100%)
[/FONT][FONT=helvetica,Arial]Naturalistic Pantheism (93%)
[/FONT][FONT=helvetica,Arial]Idealist Pantheism (87%)
[/FONT][FONT=helvetica,Arial]Agnosticism (81%)[/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica,Arial]Dualist Pantheism (81%)[/FONT]

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Literal Paganism/New Age/Animism (100%)
Idealist Pantheism (76%)
Dualist Pantheism (64%)
Agnosticism (52%)
Panentheism (52%)
Naturalistic Pantheism (40%)
Regular Monotheism (36%)
Atheism/Secular Humanism (28%)

Interesting! Thanks for posting.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I felt I had to do this twice since my intellect isn't entirely in balance with my experiences/emotions (oh yeah, I keep those two separated from each other). Here's mine:

Intellectual:
Naturalistic Pantheism (100%)
Dualist Pantheism (84%)
Idealist Pantheism (84%)

Emotional:
Literal Paganism / New Age / Animism (100%)
Dualist Pantheism (97%)
Naturalistic Pantheism (89%)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Selectsmart has some decent quizzes, though many others are not so good. This is probably one of the better ones, though some questions at the end didn't fit well with how I see things. I ended up with pretty much what I expected:

Dualist Pantheism (92%)
Naturalistic Pantheism (81%)
Agnosticism (78%)
Idealist Pantheism (76%)
Deism (70%)
Panentheism (66%)
Atheism / Secular Humanism (56%)
Regular Monotheism (42%)

I'm not entirely sure what some of his/her categories mean, though. What the heck is "dualist" pantheism?

mycorrhiza

I'm not entirely sure what some of his/her categories mean, though. What the heck is "dualist" pantheism?

Dualist - There are two substances, spirit and matter.
Idealist - There is one substance, spirit.
Naturalist - There is one substance, matter.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Dualist - There are two substances, spirit and matter.
Idealist - There is one substance, spirit.
Naturalist - There is one substance, matter.

That's ironic, because my path is explicitly non-dualist. I'm not surprised though, because the options in the quiz failed horribly at providing options that expressed how I tend to view the substance(s) of underlying reality.

RubyEyes

Truth Seeker
That's ironic, because my path is explicitly non-dualist. I'm not surprised though, because the options in the quiz failed horribly at providing options that expressed how I tend to view the substance(s) of underlying reality.
So are you a neutral monist like Spinoza? What are your views on this?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So are you a neutral monist like Spinoza? What are your views on this?

I'm not especially familiar with Spinzoa, but it's complicated. I understand that the map isn't the territory, so I have a tendency to paradigm shift. I loosely divide reality into two dimensions based on tangible vs. intangible, but those distinctions are exactly that: loose and not mutually exclusive; one easily is/becomes the other depending on point of view. It's similar to neutral monism, but I don't believe the underlying substance of reality is singular. It's not an issue of "how many pieces" at all; how many pieces you see depends on point of view (again, paradigm shifting). I'm neither/both a monotheist and a polytheist. In practice I usually approach reality/deity/universe in a polytheistic fashion and heavily incorporate the Four Elements into my path (four roots, not one or two).

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Regular Monotheism 100%
Panentheism 97%
Deism 75%
Dualistic Pantheism 68%
Literal Paganism/New Age/Animism 68%
Idealistic Pantheism 60%
Agnosticism 38%
Naturalistic Pantheism 28%
Atheism/Secular Humanism 23%

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
A fun quiz, but some answers were rather narrow to the point of shaping an answer. Number 4 being the most obvious to me: "Which of these best describes your view about afterlife? "

Panentheism (100%)

Regular Monotheism (91%)

Dualist Pantheism (82%)

Literal Paganism / New Age / Animism (69%)

Deism (65%)

Idealist Pantheism (60%)

Agnosticism (56%)

Atheism / Secular Humanism (52%)

Naturalistic Pantheism (52%)

RubyEyes

Truth Seeker
I'm not especially familiar with Spinzoa, but it's complicated. I understand that the map isn't the territory, so I have a tendency to paradigm shift. I loosely divide reality into two dimensions based on tangible vs. intangible, but those distinctions are exactly that: loose and not mutually exclusive; one easily is/becomes the other depending on point of view. It's similar to neutral monism, but I don't believe the underlying substance of reality is singular. It's not an issue of "how many pieces" at all; how many pieces you see depends on point of view (again, paradigm shifting). I'm neither/both a monotheist and a polytheist. In practice I usually approach reality/deity/universe in a polytheistic fashion and heavily incorporate the Four Elements into my path (four roots, not one or two).
So I take you believe reality depends on the observer? Or just our own categorizations of reality depend on that?

I'm most certainly dualistic, I believe body and soul to be separate substances.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So I take you believe reality depends on the observer? Or just our own categorizations of reality depend on that?

I'm most certainly dualistic, I believe body and soul to be separate substances.

Sort of. Reality (the territory) doesn't depend on an observer, but our individual and cultural understanding and perception of it (the maps we draw) definitely does. Different maps of the territory have distinct strengths and weaknesses and I never like to claim the map is the territory. Dualism is definitely a useful map, and I have to know how to use that map because it is so pervasive in my culture. It's just not a map I prefer to use in my own practice as it doesn't reflect my experience of the territory (reality) very well. :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
Heh, curious:

Idealist Pantheism (74%)

Deism (56%)

Panentheism (56%)

Dualist Pantheism (52%)

Agnosticism (51%)

Regular Monotheism (38%)

Atheism / Secular Humanism (30%)

Naturalistic Pantheism (21%)