• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming THE FLOOD Did Happen . . .

Skwim

Veteran Member
But those 'angels who forsook their natural dwelling place'(Jude 1:6) ....the spirit realm.... materialized and were having sex with human women (Genesis 6:1-4), producing those hybrid offspring the Nephilim. The human race would have been reduced to being sex-slaves, 'factories' for making beautiful women.
Didn't find a thing about the angels of Jude 6 having sex with human women in Gen. 6. It appears you have things a bit mixed up.

No wonder God stepped in! That's also why the Flood was global ....angels, with their capabilities, would have simply carried their human wives and offspring to another area of the Earth! They might have already done it, before the Flood.
Nice fabrication. :rolleyes:

When you consider very ancient civilization ruins discovered in other parts of the world, it fits the picture. It all had to go, to protect the human family's DNA from impure, basically alien strain.
Now you're getting a bit silly.

The Bible says nothing on this, though. It's all speculative, but can be inferred from Genesis 6.
As, I suppose, could a lot of other fiction, but at least you admit to your speculation. Not that it gives your story any credence.

David1967

Premium Member
The intervention by God in this instance was because of the fact that angels materialized and took human women as wives..."all whom they chose", regardless of if they were already married to someone else. Who was going to argue with them?
The children produced were hybrid freaks of nature who had no right to live. Also they were not sons of Adam who were to be redeemed by the Savior whom God would send in the future.

This was a stopgap measure to slow down man's accelerated plunge into sin. Had God not intervened, the wickedness that was evident may well have wiped out all of Adam's legitimate children, leaving no one for the Savior to redeem.

The flood accomplished two things....it eradicated the Nephilim and it eliminated the humans who had been corrupted by them. Such was their influence, that God did not find another family on earth worth saving out of that whole generation.

It also sent the spirit fathers of these freakish bullies back to the spirit realm as there was no physical thing left to anchor them to this world. The need something physical to 'inhabit' because they have no bodies of their own. If they had stayed as materialized beings, they too would have died. Once back in the spirit realm, God prevented them from materializing again. Have you heard of people having problems with 'spirits' attached to old furniture, personal possessions or houses? Haunted houses are simply the dwelling place of demons.

Actually Greek mythology takes its queues from the pre-flood era. Remember that there were gods and demi-gods who were very licentious. Sex and violence are a trade mark of the devil's children. This is why the world is saturated in it. (1 John 5:19) But not for much longer we hope....

Thanks Deeje! Excellent explanation. :)

David1967

Premium Member
To @Skwim (just want to be sure you saw this),

I don't know about 'eating flesh' -- the Bible is silent, although that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It wouldn't be surprising.

But those 'angels who forsook their natural dwelling place'(Jude 1:6) ....the spirit realm.... materialized and were having sex with human women (Genesis 6:1-4), producing those hybrid offspring the Nephilim. The human race would have been reduced to being sex-slaves, 'factories' for making beautiful women.

No wonder God stepped in! That's also why the Flood was global ....angels, with their capabilities, would have simply carried their human wives and offspring to another area of the Earth! They might have already done it, before the Flood. When you consider very ancient civilization ruins discovered in other parts of the world, it fits the picture. It all had to go, to protect the human family's DNA from impure, basically alien strain.

The Bible says nothing on this, though. It's all speculative, but can be inferred from Genesis 6.

I think that the reference to these beings eating flesh is from the book of Enoch.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Didn't find a thing about the angels of Jude 6 having sex with human women in Gen. 6. It appears you have things a bit mixed up.

Nice fabrication. :rolleyes:

Now you're getting a bit silly.

As, I suppose, could a lot of other fiction, but at least you admit to your speculation. Not that it gives your story any credence.
Hey, it fits the evidence, both Biblical and secular, and matches ancient cultures’ mythologies about ‘gods’ having sex with humans and bearing children with superhuman powers, like Hercules, etc.

All mythologies have some kernel of truth as a basis for them, some a lot, some just a little.
Post #20, by Deeje, explains it better.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hey, it fits the evidence, both Biblical and secular, and matches ancient cultures’ mythologies about ‘gods’ having sex with humans and bearing children with superhuman powers, like Hercules, etc.

All mythologies have some kernel of truth as a basis for them, some a lot, some just a little.

There was a good sized flood in the area and that probably started the stories that eventually became the Noah's Ark tale:

Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth

But as far as a big boat, that is pure fantasy.

Skwim

Veteran Member
So what do think the kernel of truth is in the myth that astrology can predict your personality or the future?

Just wondering.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So what do think the kernel of truth is in the myth that astrology can predict your personality or the future?

Just wondering.

I'll have a go at this one.....

God's law to his people just before they entered the Promised Land....

"When you have entered into the land that Jehovah your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the detestable practices of those nations. 10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, 11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you." (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

All practices that have any connection to spiritism were to be avoided. Any means using uncanny power to tell the future were detestable to Jehovah. (Isaiah 1:13; 1 Samuel 15:23) This was because of spiritism's connection with the demons.

Babylon was the home of astrology and spiritistic practices in Bible times. The magi who visited the child Jesus to give him gifts as the future king of the Jews, were Babylonian astrologers who 'saw his star in the East' and came to pay homage to him. The word "magi" is where we get the word magic.

David T

Premium Member
Jesus considered the recorded biblical history and OT accounts reliable and accurate without apology or embarrassment, including the account of the Flood as fact and a picture or type of His return...

For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Matt. 24:27-39

I love Jesus.... I also believe Him.
Of course he did he had zero gap between God cosmos nature.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
. . . what did it accomplish?

From the way things went afterwards---sin still remaining high on the lists of a lot of people, and rampant throughout the world---it seems to me the whole operation was a waste of life, good water, and gopher wood. :shrug:

According to both testaments, the flood story warns the world of the final judgments that are to come, so they may flee to the safety of God's salvation.

And why do we know it works? Because YOU are still "into the story", and like most skeptics, far more concerned with God judging the world by ancient waters than by God saving the world through the Christ.

Audie

Veteran Member
Not really implying anything except what the scriptures reveal concerning the evil condition of mankind before the flood, the deliverance of Noah and his family the ancestors of the nation of Israel and the foretold Messiah. Although salvation is offered to all, I don't think numbers are necessarily what God is after, rather those who desire His love, truth, and light...

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”(John 3:16-21).

Of course, a big ol' prob for that is that there was no flood.

But I dont suppose every piece of evidence in the universe
could open your eyes to that.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
. . . what did it accomplish?

From the way things went afterwards---sin still remaining high on the lists of a lot of people, and rampant throughout the world---it seems to me the whole operation was a waste of life, good water, and gopher wood. :shrug:

fair enough.....

now flip the coin.....what if the flood didn't happen?

Man would have continued unabated
and the snatch and grab that we are soooooooo prone to
would have done us in long before now

Audie

Veteran Member
According to both testaments, the flood story warns the world of the final judgments that are to come, so they may flee to the safety of God's salvation.

And why do we know it works? Because YOU are still "into the story", and like most skeptics, far more concerned with God judging the world by ancient waters than by God saving the world through the Christ.

You raelly should get a job as a psychic, the way you
"know" things about other people.

Did you know your book suggests that you not bear false witness?

The actual reason for interest in the "flood"
here really just some cultural anthropology.
Study the habits of the natives sort of thing.
Find out just how many double back flips into
crazed denial they can get, to avoid facing
the reality that all their precious belief
hinges on whether the story is bs.

I've learned some amazing things in the process!

Like, that all the extra water from the flood was
wafted by a wind to Neptune, where it shines to
this day as a warning beacon against incoming rogue
angels.

That the polar ice was lifted by the flood, sure, but\a circumpolar current kept it in place, and it set back
down just so as the flood receded.

Oh and concern about "god" judging the world?

My biggie is that Allah is gonna get me for exposing
my hair in public! I just am so in the thrall of sin
that I cannot stop myself. And he is going to get me
good hanging me by may hair in eternal fire.

Alas, the temptation to let my hair show is just too great!

islamic hell - Google Search:

Audie

Veteran Member
fair enough.....

now flip the coin.....what if the flood didn't happen?

Man would have continued unabated
and the snatch and grab that we are soooooooo prone to
would have done us in long before now

How about "since it did not".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How about "since it did not".
assuming no high water?
assuming no reduction in the numbers of people not seeking an after life?
assuming the narrow minded
assuming the greedy and self centered
the sarcastic
the devil may care
the .........

well ok then

we are headed for judgment one way or the other

Audie

Veteran Member
assuming no high water?
assuming no reduction in the numbers of people not seeking an after life?
assuming the narrow minded
assuming the greedy and self centered
the sarcastic
the devil may care
the .........

well ok then

we are headed for judgment one way or the other

Sorry-ah, you are too cryptic for me to get your point

Rational Agnostic

Jesus considered the recorded biblical history and OT accounts reliable and accurate without apology or embarrassment, including the account of the Flood as fact and a picture or type of His return...

For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Matt. 24:27-39

I love Jesus.... I also believe Him.

How did Noah fit 8 million species on a boat?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Sorry-ah, you are too cryptic for me to get your point
a reduction numbers.....obviously

take all the people that are not headed toward an after life......
and drown them

restart the count
hope results are better

but as we see
the corruption rises again
as if there was no point in flooding the territory long ago

but the reduction was needed
the corruption would have overtaken the earth......long before us

Audie

Veteran Member
I suppose I understand the story as
well as the next, it being the case that