• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

james dixon

Premium Member

I’m 70 living in 2019ad. For those who didn’t know-------

“ad” means; The years “After Jesus’s death”.,.i.e. (ad)

2,019 years ago;.,.,,.,, Jesus walked the streets of Jerusalem

And He knew “Jerusalem” was not the “Promised Land”

Now over 2,000 years later I have found it.

The “Promised Land “ turns out to be-----

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
“United States of America”
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

No harm intended or implied

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

Ok? :)-

sooda

Veteran Member

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

AD means Anno Domini..

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Here in scriptural debates its very easy to say that no America is not, because America is a nation. Nations come and go. They are characterized as grass that withers and dies.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
They are Israelis not Israelites, the Israelites disappeared into the annals of history when their kingdom fell. The culture and religion of the Israelites differs from the culture and religion of modern rabbinic Judaism

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

No offense, and I hope my frankness will not offend you. Your questions imply to me the problem of the identity with ancient world views like the Roman Church (RCC), Judaism or any other religion with an ancient tribal orientation. Being Jew by tradition would be the cultural identity with your ancestors, okay, but where do you go from there to address the universal which is the nature of humanity throughout thousands or more years.

Last edited:

leov

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

What 'Israel' stands for?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

Not to put too much emphasis on this one point, but A.D. does not mean "after Jesus' death." It stands for Anno Domini, which is Latin for “year of our Lord,” and it means the number of years since the birth of of Jesus Christ, not the number of years since His death.

David T

Premium Member

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

We are a crazy country but not a bad folk. I like to say america is the second dumbest country in the world. Everyone else is dumber.

I dont place quite as much emphisis on smarts. Its good but it has one great weakness Itself. It sure can fall in love with itself fast! Religion used to get that!

Shad

Veteran Member

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

Converts too?

74x12

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

Scripturally speaking the promised land is really the new Jerusalem. The old Testament promised land is just foreshadowing it. As Abraham is said to have "looked for a city whose builder and maker was God" And Isaiah delivered the Word of the LORD which was that God Himself would create Jerusalem. (Isaiah 65:18) This city is not made with human hands. The old Jerusalem of this world is only a typology of what awaits.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Rev. 21:2)

james dixon

Premium Member
They are Israelis not Israelites, the Israelites disappeared into the annals of history when their kingdom fell.
& not to be reborn
The culture and religion of the Israelites differs from the culture and religion of modern rabbinic Judaism
"The culture and religion of the Israelites differs"
Israel's Interior Minister: 'Stop Spitting on Christians'

Avraham Poraz, Israel's interior minister, today [2004-10-13] issued a half-hearted statement condemning an increase in attacks on Christian clergy. Poraz urged Jews to "stop the repeated attacks on the religious minority."

It seems that the tradition of spitting on the cross is getting media attention outside of Israel, and fears are that it might damage the ethno-state's image.

The latest incident was last Sunday, when a Jew spit on a cross carried by Armenian archbishop Nourhan Manougian. The attack led to a scuffle in which the archbishop's medallion, worn by Armenian archbishops since the 17th century, was broken

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face.

The clergyman prefered not to lodge a complaint with the police and told an acquaintance that he was used to being spat at by Jews. Many Jerusalem clergy have been subjected to abuse of this kind. For the most part, they ignore it but sometimes they cannot.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/spitting.htm

HOLY SPIT: WHY DO ULTRA-ORTHODOX JEWS SPIT AT CHRISTIANS?

A very embarrassing and persistent problem has arisen in some of the sacred sites in Jerusalem where Christians and Jews cross each other’s paths. Teenagers from a small sector of the city’s many Ultra-Orthodox (“Haredi”) Ashkenazi Jewish communities have taken to spitting at clerics wearing prominent crosses and dressed in traditional garb.

https://tinyurl.com/j77w4jd

Oct 12, 2004 - Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them. A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window.

james dixon

Premium Member
Scripturally speaking the promised land is really the new Jerusalem.
Promised Land
“Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.

Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.

The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab

From there they moved to Egypt
(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

Based on the above the “Promised Land” is not the land the Jews are occupying today. In biblical verse terms the Jews were nomads who were wanderers living off of the land grazing their sheep on the open plains.

Actually I personally believe the "Promised Land" is the USA
:)-

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
& not to be reborn

"The culture and religion of the Israelites differs"
Israel's Interior Minister: 'Stop Spitting on Christians'

Avraham Poraz, Israel's interior minister, today [2004-10-13] issued a half-hearted statement condemning an increase in attacks on Christian clergy. Poraz urged Jews to "stop the repeated attacks on the religious minority."

It seems that the tradition of spitting on the cross is getting media attention outside of Israel, and fears are that it might damage the ethno-state's image.

The latest incident was last Sunday, when a Jew spit on a cross carried by Armenian archbishop Nourhan Manougian. The attack led to a scuffle in which the archbishop's medallion, worn by Armenian archbishops since the 17th century, was broken

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face.

The clergyman prefered not to lodge a complaint with the police and told an acquaintance that he was used to being spat at by Jews. Many Jerusalem clergy have been subjected to abuse of this kind. For the most part, they ignore it but sometimes they cannot.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/spitting.htm

HOLY SPIT: WHY DO ULTRA-ORTHODOX JEWS SPIT AT CHRISTIANS?

A very embarrassing and persistent problem has arisen in some of the sacred sites in Jerusalem where Christians and Jews cross each other’s paths. Teenagers from a small sector of the city’s many Ultra-Orthodox (“Haredi”) Ashkenazi Jewish communities have taken to spitting at clerics wearing prominent crosses and dressed in traditional garb.

Oct 12, 2004 - Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them. A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window.

Well spitting is just plain rude

james dixon

Premium Member
Omri was king of ISRAEL not Judah.. That's why he's trashed in the Old Testament.
Why does your map show—

a "kingdom of Israel"
a "kingdom of Judah"
a "kingdom of Moab"
and last but not least

"Philistine States" with “ Gaza” as its capital?
This really makes no difference, the Israelites were shepherds and had no nation; period
:)-