• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The biblical “promised land” is a place full of milk and honey and a place where they would prosper.

The land of Israel today is not that place.

The United States of America is the Promised Land; in my view of things

:)-
The Milk and Honey of Israel is the intellect of the Jews. It is the fifth most innovative country in the world, pulling way ahead in science, tech, and medicine. It is incredibly strong economically considering it has no natural resources other than the natural gas that was recently discovered. It is also the eighth most powerful country militarily speaking.

The Jews bought swampland, drained it, and used technology to turn it into fertile farms. If that isn't Milk and Honey, I don't know what is.

Jedster

The Milk and Honey of Israel is the intellect of the Jews. It is the fifth most innovative country in the world, pulling way ahead in science, tech, and medicine. It is incredibly strong economically considering it has no natural resources other than the natural gas that was recently discovered. It is also the eighth most powerful country militarily speaking.

The Jews bought swampland, drained it, and used technology to turn it into fertile farms. If that isn't Milk and Honey, I don't know what is.

Indeed.
Some people do somersaults to deny the state of Israel.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Many people do somersaults to deny the Palestinian people the right to their own land!!

Jedster

Many people do somersaults to deny the Palestinian people the right to their own land!!

That is correct.

ETA. an exerpt from Fiddler on the roof

Neighbor: (gestures at Simba and Motel) He's right, and he's right? They can't both be right.
Tevye: You know... you are also right.
Neighbor: (gestures at Simba and Motel) He's right, and he's right? They can't both be right.
Tevye: You know... you are also right.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
As a Jew this is hard for me to explain.....
Let's try this again, shall we?

Based on your previous threads and posts here on this forum, your posts in connection with this particular thread, and the exact same thread you began on another forum and your posts there, there is precious little reason to to accept your assertion that you are a Jew. So, again, how do you come by your assertion? (You stated on the other forum that on the same day, when you were approximately one year old, you were baptized, as a Catholic, you also underwent a circumcision. That doesn't - you should pardon the expression - cut it.)

And, by the way, your assertion that any and all American Jews will respond, if asked, that the USA is the Promised Land, is patently false.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

I’m 70 living in 2019ad. For those who didn’t know-------

“ad” means; The years “After Jesus’s death”.,.i.e. (ad)

2,019 years ago;.,.,,.,, Jesus walked the streets of Jerusalem

And He knew “Jerusalem” was not the “Promised Land”

Now over 2,000 years later I have found it.

The “Promised Land “ turns out to be-----

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
“United States of America”
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

No harm intended or implied

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me
clip_image001.png
-

Ok? :)-

How can I explain why Israel is important to the Jewish people?

This explains why Israel is so important to Jews. This comes from the Old Testament which is also Jewish scripture. Being Jewish and Isreali are almost the same thing except some Jews live in other countries but Isreal is the promised land.

Neutral Name

Let's try this again, shall we?

Based on your previous threads and posts here on this forum, your posts in connection with this particular thread, and the exact same thread you began on another forum and your posts there, there is precious little reason to to accept your assertion that you are a Jew. So, again, how do you come by your assertion? (You stated on the other forum that on the same day, when you were approximately one year old, you were baptized, as a Catholic, you also underwent a circumcision. That doesn't - you should pardon the expression - cut it.)

And, by the way, your assertion that any and all American Jews will respond, if asked, that the USA is the Promised Land, is patently false.

His religion is listed as "as a baby Baptized Catholic, Baptized Baptist in my 20's". I think that he might be trying to claim that he is messianic. Obviously, not. He is reading the same stupid books my brother reads, not the Bible/Jewish scriptures. America is NOT the promised land.

BTW are you actually a Rabbi? If you are, much respect. If you aren't, oh well. God bless you either way.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
His religion is listed as "as a baby Baptized Catholic, Baptized Baptist in my 20's". I think that he might be trying to claim that he is messianic. Obviously, not. He is reading the same stupid books my brother reads, not the Bible/Jewish scriptures. America is NOT the promised land.

BTW are you actually a Rabbi? If you are, much respect. If you aren't, oh well. God bless you either way.

james dixon

Premium Member
The Milk and Honey of Israel is the intellect of the Jews. It is the fifth most innovative country in the world
It's OK to tell your children this at bed time but just saying it doesn't make it true. [proof is needed]
, pulling way ahead in science, tech, and medicine. It is incredibly strong economically considering it has no natural resources
It's OK to tell your children this at bed time but just saying it doesn't make it true.[proof is needed]
other than the natural gas that was recently discovered.
on Palestinian land
It is also the eighth most powerful country militarily speaking.
Only because big daddy gives them free toys to play with
Palestine is not a swamp and never was one

james dixon

Premium Member

I forgot to add that I was circumcised when I was a baby as well.
Sorry to disagree with you once again but America IS The Promised Land which might explain why you live in America too.

Neutral Name

I forgot to add that I was circumcised when I was a baby as well.
Sorry to disagree with you once again but America IS The Promised Land which might explain why you live in America too.

I see that you were baptized baptist in your 20s. I think that means that you are not Jewish.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Where is the promised land?

Hebrews 11:9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.

I'm pretty sure that they were all dead before the United States was established.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

Yes, I am. I am not, however, an Orthodox rabbi.

I don't care if you are orthodox. In fact, I might care for you more if you aren't. It means that you think and don't just accept everything. The fact that you dedicated your life to God means everything to me. People like you are more important to me than any celebrity. I haven't dedicated my life to God but God is everything in my life. I have such tremendous respect and love for you, my brother. And I might have a few questions for you in the future if you don't mind.

Thank you.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's OK to tell your children this at bed time but just saying it doesn't make it true. [proof is needed]
Israel is the 5th most innovative state in the world according to the Bloomberg report.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It's OK to tell your children this at bed time but just saying it doesn't make it true.[proof is needed]
Here's a taste:

Israel is revolutionizing global medicine

How Israel Became a World Leader in Biotechnology

6 incredible Israeli discoveries that influenced the world

on Palestinian land
No, not in Gaza or the Westbank, but in the territorial waters of the State of Israel.

Only because big daddy gives them free toys to play with
I notice you do not deny the claim. The reasons are many and complex. But the truth still holds that Israel is still the worlds 8th strongest military power, which is amazing considering its tiny size. It is miraculous that this teeny weeny little country has won every war waged against it, against insurmountable odds.

Palestine is not a swamp and never was one
Israel, like most countries, has a diverse ecosystem. There are parts of it that are forests, parts that are deserts, parts that are farmlands, and yes, parts that were indeed swamps. The swamps (wetlands) were legitimatly bought from valid Palestinians (as opposed to the majority who are immigrants from Jordon and Egypt) by early Zionists, who then drained them, treated them, and turned them into fertile farmlands. These swamps were infested with malaria carrying mosquitos. It was a task that carried a price, and carried benefits that effected the entire region.

Malaria 100 years ago in the Territory of Palestine
https://malariaworld.org/sites/default/files/Geoff-DECEMBER 2013 Hebrew U - For PRINTING.pdf

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is true. The problem is that AD does not accurately reflect the date of Jesus anyway. The common date for Jesus's birth is thought to be roughly 4 BC. Though the author of Luke was rather confused, or made an error when he tried to find an excuse to get the couple to Bethlehem.

Either that or the speculations about 4BC are wrong.

sooda

Veteran Member
Why does your map show—

a "kingdom of Israel"
a "kingdom of Judah"
a "kingdom of Moab"
and last but not least

"Philistine States" with “ Gaza” as its capital?
This really makes no difference, the Israelites were shepherds and had no nation; period

Yes, the Israelites were shepherds.. They were just like the Amorites, Amalekites.. They were nomadic Canaanites without affiliations which is why they needed to move into the Egyptian hill country of Canaan.

Bedouin are always affiliated with some town.. They take the townspeople's livestock away for grazing.. They provide the towns people with meat, leather hides, salt and bitumin. The townspeople provide them with grains, textiles, pots and pans.

When the sea people fought the Egyptians and settled on the coast the Canaanites migrated East and South East. They needed to settle and grow their own grains.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe nobody gives them the right to murder civilians. They lived peaceably in Israel until Arafat and Hamas came along.

Not exactly.. This was written in 1920. The migration of European Jews seeking sanctuary were very different from the Christians, Muslims and Jews that had lived there for 2000 years.

Zionist Aspirations in Palestine - 20.07 - theatlantic.com
https://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/unbound/bookauth/zionism/mackay.htm
Zionist Aspirations in Palestine. To-day it is the Zionist portion of this remnant of Judah, which, on the statement that for three or four centuries its ancestors owned the land from which nearly two thousand years ago they were driven, claims the whole of Southern Syria, the province of Palestine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Either that or the speculations about 4BC are wrong.
You are misusing the word "speculations". That date is a conclusion based upon the Biblical claims that the Nativity took place in the time of Herod. When he ruled is known. But then Luke added a bogus census as an excuse to get Jesus to Bethlehem. The dates of various censuses are known too. They contradict.

james dixon

Premium Member
Yes, the Israelites were shepherds..

In the beginning they were shepherds but this changed, Joseph became ruler of Egypt and Joseph brought all the Israelite people to Egypt where they were given pasture land and whatever they wanted.

(Gen 41:39 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:

(Gen 41:40 KJV) Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

(Gen 41:42 KJV) And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

(Gen 41:44 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.

Gen 41:46 KJV) And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh King of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

Joseph who is now the de facto ruler over all of Egypt saves the Israelites who are experiencing a great famine and moves them to Egypt and gives them power over all the agriculture lands. Clearly they were not slaves as some would have believed.

(Gen 42:1 KJV) Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, why do ye look one upon another?

(Gen 42:2 KJV) And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence;

(Gen 42:5 KJV) And the sons of Israel came to buy corn among those that came: for the famine was in the land of Canaan.

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

See above, they abandon the land of Canaan and move to Egypt

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

(Gen 47:4 KJV) They said moreover unto Pharaoh, For to sojourn in the land are we come; for thy servants have no pasture for their flocks; for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore, we pray thee, let thy servants dwell in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:5 KJV) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:

(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

The truth will set you free :)-