• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you vaccinated?

Vaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Everyone dies, the point is to give yourself the best chance of putting off the inevitable
That's just it; I did that. And you, and others, keep finding fault with that, and lecturing me about it. It is the height of arrogance. You made your choice; I made mine. I don't bother you about yours; why do you bother me about mine?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@Unfettered ~ I asked in post #89 and was ignored, so I'll ask again.

When you decided you were not getting vaccinated, was there any consideration for the well-being of others in your decision?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just don't know where you're going with this...

You may choose to do whatever tou want, i don't really care so long as you don't infect anyone else should you be unlucky enough to succumb to a stronger strain of the virus.

I'm not going anywhere, just providing some personal knowledge

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's just it; I did that. And you, and others, keep finding fault with that, and lecturing me about it. It is the height of arrogance. You made your choice; I made mine. I don't bother you about yours; why do you bother me about mine?

I'm not lecturing anyone, your life is yours to so what you will, i don't care. Why are tou getting so uppity about it?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have had, so far, 6 COVID vaccinations. As a person of some age (76 on April 1), the medical profession considers that to be appropriate for me, as at my age a COVID infection could have very serious consequences, and that doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

And when the medical professions deems it wise for me to have another, I will promptly go and get it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have had, so far, 6 COVID vaccinations. As a person of some age (76 on April 1), the medical profession considers that to be appropriate for me, as at my age a COVID infection could have very serious consequences, and that doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

And when the medical professions deems it wise for me to have another, I will promptly go and get it.
Only 6?
Hah!
I have 8!

BTW, that's not 8 factorial.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And I know people who did get vaccinated and died. What's your point?
The vaccine still works. With the original strain it worked very well. But life, as you know, is the product of evolution and that is what happened. The virus evolved and was able to find a work around. The vaccine still gave some protection from getting it. And it provided even more protection from dying from it. This version of Covid attacks the old far more than anyone else so you are probably safe for a while. But if a better vaccine is not found it may kill you some day. The unvaccinated die at a far higher rate than the vaccinated. It is not perfect. Nothing rarely is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I didn't receive the "abominable filth" vaccine. There are other options available by Pfizer, Moderna, etc.
He has of yet to say why it is "abominable filth". A lot of people are confused and think that there are fetal tissues in vaccines There are not. There are no tissues in the vaccines, but they are usually tested early on in fetal cell lines. Tested on does not mean that it contains any. In fact even the very anti abortion Catholic Church has no problem with the vaccines.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Boss and I each had Covid about 2 months ago, after 6 vaccinations, the last being in October. It was still nasty - sore throat, brain fog, and more. There is a fairly good chance I wouldn't be typing this today had it not been for the scientific process of finding vaccines.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is barely believable that alphabetized people in 2024 can believe vaccines to be not worth the trouble.

What is next? Believing that cars are moved by supernatural forces?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
He has of yet to say why it is "abominable filth". A lot of people are confused and think that there are fetal tissues in vaccines There are not. There are no tissues in the vaccines, but they are usually tested early on in fetal cell lines. Tested on does not mean that it contains any. In fact even the very anti abortion Catholic Church has no problem with the vaccines.

I'm not sure. I never got an answer to my question though I asked twice.

Unfettered

I'm not lecturing anyone, your life is yours to so what you will, i don't care. Why are tou getting so uppity about it?
Apologies. Many responses were in front of me all at once, including several from you. I confused your post with that of someone else, who had already found fault with my decision making. I didn't think I needed to be belted over and over.

Unfettered

The vaccine still works. With the original strain it worked very well. But life, as you know, is the product of evolution and that is what happened. The virus evolved and was able to find a work around. The vaccine still gave some protection from getting it. And it provided even more protection from dying from it. This version of Covid attacks the old far more than anyone else so you are probably safe for a while. But if a better vaccine is not found it may kill you some day. The unvaccinated die at a far higher rate than the vaccinated. It is not perfect. Nothing rarely is.
Thanks for the info and concern. :thumbsup: