• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any Flat Earth believers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audie

Veteran Member
The whole purpose of flight in an airplane is for the aircraft to defy gravity and fly in the air.

So now you are saying that once the plane is in the air, there is now some magical secondary gravitational force that affects the way the craft flies through the air?

Lmao.

Really? The aircraft relies on gravity, and would not
work without it.

sealchan

F5ueeqk.jpg

I'm a square-Earther...I play Minecraft!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The whole purpose of flight in an airplane is for the aircraft to defy gravity and fly in the air.

So now you are saying that once the plane is in the air, there is now some magical secondary gravitational force that affects the way the craft flies through the air?

Lmao.

Flight works by negative air pressure above the wing surfacas and positive below.

The secret is throwing the plane at the ground and missing.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It relies on gravity, it still defies it.

It isn't defying gravity. It is setting up another force in the direction opposite to gravity. The sum of those two vector forces (well, there is also the force from friction and from the engines) is what produces the acceleration on the aircraft.

leroy

I tend to think many Flat-earthers are simply trolling folks. They try to come up with anyway of convincing folks that the earth is flat. It's like the "unlimited energy" videos on youtube.

You think, how could I go about convincing folks the earth is actually flat and get a kick out of folks trying to prove you are wrong.
I would also say that the majority of “flat earthers” are just trolling, either because they what to get youtube views in their videos or just for fun.

“Conspiracy theories” are a good business, all you have to do is invent a crazy theory, blame the government or big corporations for hiding the truth, and make high quality and professional videos.

My best guess is that the authors of these conspiracy theories are people who don’t really believe in the stuff that they promote, but in any case I personally enjoy these theories, videos are entreating, and I always end up learning something.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It isn't defying gravity. It is setting up another force in the direction opposite to gravity. The sum of those two vector forces (well, there is also the force from friction and from the engines) is what produces the acceleration on the aircraft.
Defying= to move away from. Aircraft defy gravity. I understand the whole lift thrust gravity drag thing, thanks

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would also say that the majority of “flat earthers” are just trolling, either because they what to get youtube views in their videos or just for fun.

“Conspiracy theories” are a good business, all you have to do is invent a crazy theory, blame the government or big corporations for hiding the truth, and make high quality and professional videos.

My best guess is that the authors of these conspiracy theories are people who don’t really believe in the stuff that they promote, but in any case I personally enjoy these theories, videos are entreating, and I always end up learning something.
I do not think so. By that logic believers in the Ark myth should also be "trolling" sadly that is not the case. You will never go wrong underestimating the inability of some people to reason.

W3bcrowf3r

Isn't believing in a flat Earth blindly believing? You can't see it for yourself.

Flat earth theories are indeed based on blind faith. And they reject the videos etc. we receive from Space agencies.

In other words, you can't argue with them. They will say that the footage of NASA etc. is fake. Yet they believe in drawings and CGI videos made by flat earthers etc.

leroy

I've heard the claim that you can't see a ship below the horizon not because of the curvature of the Earth, but because the ship is too far away to see. :rolleyes: But how do they explain the ship's apparent rise above the horizon? That indicates some sort of curvature or elevation. What gives? o_O
Well, why can’t the answer be “I don’t know” we are still working for an answer? Maybe there is an unknown mechanism that is yet to be discovered that would explain such phenomena.

Status
Not open for further replies.