• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any Flat Earth believers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazarah

upload_2018-10-24_0-52-6.jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So the ape-humans were the only species that did not increase in numbers until reaching their complete human form... how convenient.

The information is readily available on the internet, if you refuse to educate yourself that is hardly my fault.

BTW. Over 90% of all species that have ever lived on this planet are extinct. Is that convenient too?

Skreeper

So this thread is basically 45 pages of a person with the Dunning-Kruger effect being lectured by people who obviously know more about science than him.

And he still thinks somehow HE is one of the lucky few who are "woke".

These flat-earthers crack me up.

Hilarious.

Tazarah

The information is readily available on the internet, if you refuse to educate yourself that is hardly my fault.

BTW. Over 90% of all species that have ever lived on this planet are extinct. Is that convenient too?

How do you know that there were other species that used to live on this planet before they went extinct?

Tazarah

Of course, too, there were unknown numbers
of different kinds of dinosaurs for what, 100+
million years, all over the world, and the bones are like,
big.

But yes, waste of time.

Yes so where are all of the bones showing our “evolutions”?

* crickets*

Tazarah

ChristineM

Premium Member
Exactly. Now where is the fossil evidence for all of the “evolutions” that we went through?

View attachment 25009

Trust me, I’ve been looking and I haven’t been able to find a thing.

[BBC]

We have still not found the missing link between us and apes (May 18, 2017)

Yes well, ive been looking and found something, see my avatar? Cro magnon skull. Fully human, lived 22000 years ago. There are marked evolutionary differences between early humans and modern humans.

Thanks for being receptive to fact.

And of course, the fossil record does go back to ape like creatures. I suggest you have not really been looking. Here is a simple one, comes up #1 on a google search for "evolution of humans"

Human evolution - Wikipedia

I hope the link helps but i suspect you will just ignore them

Tazarah

Yes well, ive been looking and found something, see my avatar? Cro magnon skull. Fully human, lived 22000 years ago. There are marked evolutionary differences between early humans and modern humans.

Thanks for being receptive to fact.

And of course, the fossil record does go back to ape like creatures. I suggest you have not really been looking. Here is a simple one, comes up #1 on a google search for "evolution of humans"

Human evolution - Wikipedia

I hope the link helps but i suspect you will just ignore them

That’s funny because I posted this link from BBC not too long ago:

We have still not found the missing link between us and apes

ChristineM

Premium Member
Where are the fossils to substantiate this? There should be a fossil record that corroborates these claims of “evolution”.

I can catch a butterfly and say that it evolved from a cricket, but does that mean it is true?

Also note that DNA does not lie. Ask any prisoner convicted on DNA evidence.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Tazarah

Yes i knew you would ignore it. Not surprising.

So never mind a sensationalist media outlet, how about a scientific one

Timeline: Human Evolution

Or another scientific site
Timeline of human origins revised: New synthesis of research links changing environment with Homo's evolutionary adaptability

But you are ignoring mine too. The first link that you posted is dated 2006 and the second one is dated 2014. And on top of that, there is no mention of any fossil evidence. The sites are just people making claims about supposed creatures that were supposedly alive during certain time periods.

But the link that I posted is dated 2017.

^ why would BBC make an article saying that if it were not true?

gnostic

The Lost One
1. Yes.
2. No, it is not implausible — because God, the creator of the universe did it.

How is implying that you believe fish evolved into humans a straw man? Isn’t that what evolution claims? “Something” > fish > apes > humans? I know it sounds stupid, but that’s what “evolution” is.

The “serpent” in the bible isn’t referring to a literal serpent. The thing about people like you is you have no idea what the bible is talking about.

I bet that you think Adam and Eve were actually “naked” too, don’t you?

Lmao!!!
If the serpent, shouldn’t be taken literally, then Genesis 1 & 2 shouldn’t be taken literally.

You are really ignorant, Hadar Judah, because either the whole story is allegory, then creation of Adam and the talking serpent are both myths, or they are literal and could have potential to be historical.

But you cannot one part of story “allegory” and one part ”literal”, which is what you are doing, and that’s contradictory.

It is you who don’t understand how to interpret your own scriptures.

Tazarah

If the serpent, shouldn’t be taken literally, then Genesis 1 & 2 shouldn’t be taken literally.

You are really ignorant, Hadar Judah, because either the whole story is allegory, then creation of Adam and the talking serpent are both myths, or they are literal and could have potential to be historical.

But you cannot one part of story “allegory” and one part ”literal”, which is what you are doing, and that’s contradictory.

It is you who don’t understand how to interpret your own scriptures.

“And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.” [2 Corinthians 11:14]

^ that’s your “serpent”.

ser·pent
/ˈsərpənt/
noun
  1. 1.
    LITERARY
    a large snake.
  2. 2.
    a sly or treacherous person, especially one who exploits a position of trust in order to betray it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
But you are ignoring mine too. The first link that you posted is dated 2006 and the second one is dated 2014. And on top of that, there is no mention of any fossil evidence. The sites are just people making claims about supposed creatures that were supposedly alive during certain time periods.

But the link that I posted is dated 2017.

^ why would BBC make an article saying that if it were not true?

Science wins over wishful thinking anytime.
How can i speak for the BBC who are known for their "agenda's", provided scientific links. Like others on this thread and other threads, we have offered educational materials. You have offered entertainment media
You dont like education that is not my concern.

Truly Enlightened

No! I am just saddened. I am saddened that another person will never reach their full intellectual potential. I am saddened that another person will become a another victim to religious dogma and its pseudo-theology. A dogma that uses pseudo-sophistry, like using "sock puppets" to demonstrate Manifest Destiny. I am saddened that another person will choose ignorance over enlightenment, fantasy over science, and apathy over curiosity. I am saddened that another person will sacrifice their individuality and critical thinking, to accommodate a belief system that must stifle both. I am saddened that another person will become enslaved by their own social myths, by bearing imaginary guilt or shame, or having blind faith that there will be a better life after this one. I am saddened that there is someone that is incapable of changing his/her mind. Finally, I'm saddened that you will never be able to explore that wide-eyed innocence that was once who you are.

Regarding Flat Earth claims(not ONE working model).

Like most anti-evolutionist, it is a belief based on confirmation and presuppositional bias, rather than an adequate knowledge of the subject. No scientist would expects to find a single fossil that would demonstrate the exact moment when one species emerge into another. This is because evolution is about the small imperceptible changes to an organism, over a very long time. Evolution is really about the results of these accumulative small changes over time. When these changes become so different from the original parents, a new species will emerge. It is from these observable differences and similarities in the fossil's physical, genetic, anatomical, and chemical properties, that scientist use to formulate their evolutionary models and theories. What is your alternative explanation, other than "God did it"?

As long as you keep expecting answers to impossible questions to justify impossible beliefs, you will always be a person whose eyes are closed, and whose ears are covered. Ignorance is a natural part of the human condition, but willful ignorance is a learned condition. Unfortunately, knowledge can only cure one.

Status
Not open for further replies.