• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any Flat Earth believers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Impossible. That’s not what I was saying. I was saying the exact opposite.

You say that adjustments do not need to be made because the atmosphere follows the “curvature” of the earth?

NASA launches rockets adjusted to the earth curvature to boost it. Now you say the plane follows the earth curvature without adjusting to the curvature. You cannot have it both ways.

Either the plane follows the curvature....or it has to adjust for the curvature. Which is it?

All of the telemetry data show that it's a flat earth.
One is flying at a specific altitude one is not. That is a very big difference. Jumping to the conclusion that it is "impossible," does not seem like you have even considered the answer to the question which you asked. If you were seeking information, i provided it and am willing to discuss. If you simply wanted to posture with rhetoric then it is a different story.

I will be okay whether you believe in a flat earth or a spherical one. What is more, you will be okay as well.

I understand that you have probably dealt with countless rude people belittling, attacking, and harassing you simply for a belief. I am not that person or that type of person.

Best regards

Tazarah

Why do you believe think it would have to adjust its flight? Once again you forgot about gravity.

The whole purpose of flight in an airplane is for the aircraft to defy gravity and fly in the air.

So now you are saying that once the plane is in the air, there is now some magical secondary gravitational force that affects the way the craft flies through the air?

Lmao.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I already told you — childbirth is not evolution. Mutations and gene drift are not evolution.

I know what the posts say, and I know what I wrote.

When evolution was first mentioned in this thread, it was mentioned in regards to all living organisms as having the same origin.

So then when I ask for evidence of evolution in that particular sense, you then say that “childbirth is proof of evolution”.

Do you see the idiocy in your logic?

I never said that it was. Please try to pay attention. You only demanded that I prove it possible. I did. It is too bad that you cannot understand that. Please do not try to change what I said. I am sorry that logical thought appears to be beyond your abilities.

There is a difference between proving that something is possible and proving that something happened. Do you understand your error now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One is flying at a specific altitude one is not. That is a very big difference. Jumping to the conclusion that it is "impossible," does not seem like you have even considered the answer to the question which you asked. If you were seeking information, i provided it and am willing to discuss. If you simply wanted to posture with rhetoric then it is a different story.

I will be okay whether you believe in a flat earth or a spherical one. What is more, you will be okay as well.

I understand that you have probably dealt with countless rude people belittling, attacking, and harassing you simply for a belief. I am not that person or that type of person.

Best regards
It appears from his attitude that some of the belittlement is well earned. If he tried to learn a little math and the basics of science he could learn. But he has refused to even try to learn so far.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The whole purpose of flight in an airplane is for the aircraft to defy gravity and fly in the air.

So now you are saying that once the plane is in the air, there is now some magical secondary gravitational force that affects the way the craft flies through the air?

Lmao.
Nope. It only appears to defy gravity to the ignorant. It is always under the effects of gravity. Gravity always plays a role and makes your adjustment unnecessary.

Tazarah

I never said that it was. Please try to pay attention. You only demanded that I prove it possible. I did. It is too bad that you cannot understand that. Please do not try to change what I said. I am sorry that logical thought appears to be beyond your abilities.

There is a difference between proving that something is possible and proving that something happened. Do you understand your error now?

Oh wow... so now you’re lying... you DID say that. You misinterpreted what I said earlier and tried to make it seem as if I was proving your argument as being correct when that was not the case.

You said that “the theory of evolution explains the diversity of life as we see it and that nothing else does.”, and I have the screenshot to prove that you said it, just in case you try to go back and change it.

What’s up with you dude? You deny facts, throw insults, and then flat out lie.

I knew I would catch you slipping up eventually, and that’s the only reason why I chose to continue entertaining your nonsense.

Attachments

• D827229B-A704-4671-8CAF-3AFF3E242017.png
    D827229B-A704-4671-8CAF-3AFF3E242017.png
    855.4 KB · Views: 0

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh wow... so now you’re lying... you DID say that. You misinterpreted what I said earlier and tried to make it seem as if I was proving your argument as being correct when that was not the case.

I am not lying. You can't remember your poor arguments.

You said that “the theory of evolution explains the diversity of life as we see it and that nothing else does.”, and I have the screenshot to prove that you said it, just in case you try to go back and change it.

Correct. That is what I said.

What’s up with you dude? You deny facts, throw insults, and then flat out lie.

I knew I would catch you slipping up eventually, and that’s the only reason why I chose to continue entertaining your nonsense.

What facts have I denied? I have not slipped up. You did not go far enough in your conversation. You forgot the rather foolish demand that you made.

Tazarah

I am not lying. You can't remember your poor arguments.

Correct. That is what I said.

What facts have I denied? I have not slipped up. You did not go far enough in your conversation. You forgot the rather foolish demand that you made.

No, it’s just becoming difficult to keep track of all of your lies and deceitful equivocation.

You just lied and said that you did not say that childbirth is proof of evolution.

Really? The screenshot that I have of you says otherwise.

You said “the proof that evolution is possible occurs everytime a baby is born.”

Then I said that childbirth is NOT proof of evolution and I asked for you to provide evidence substantiating the “fact” that EVOLUTION is possible.

That’s when you lied and said that you didn’t say that childbirth is proof of evolution, and now here we are back at square one, with you having zero evidence of evolution being possible.

Attachments

• 83E058CD-DA3D-47B2-A501-5E5B255CDEE4.png
    83E058CD-DA3D-47B2-A501-5E5B255CDEE4.png
    806.1 KB · Views: 0

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, it’s just becoming difficult to keep track of all of your lies and deceitful equivocation.

You just lied and said that you did not say that childbirth is proof of evolution.

Really? The screenshot that I have of you says otherwise.

You said “the proof that evolution is possible occurs everytime a baby is born.”

Then I said that childbirth is NOT proof of evolution and I asked for you to provide evidence substantiating the “fact” that EVOLUTION is possible.

That’s when you lied and said that you didn’t say that childbirth is proof of evolution, and now here we are back at square one, with you having zero evidence of evolution being possible.
You were so embarrassed by you ignorant demand that you erased it. Luckily I quoted it. Go to post #48 and you will see your original demand. Don't accuse others of lying when it looks like you did so yourself.

By the way do not accuse me of lying again. Just because you made laughable errors and then tried to cover it up does not mean that others lied.

HonestJoe

1) The horizon always appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around the observer regardless of altitude. All amateur balloon, rocket, plane and drone footage show a completely flat horizon over 20+ miles high. Only NASA and other government “space agencies” show curvature in their fake CGI photos/videos.
You can see the curvature from a commercial aeroplane. Amateur footage does show a curvature, even accounting for fish-eye lenses since the curve isn’t apparent from the same cameras on/close to the ground.

2) The horizon always rises to the eye level of the observer as altitude is gained, so you never have to look down to see it. If Earth were in fact a globe, no matter how large, as you ascended the horizon would stay fixed and the observer / camera would have to tilt looking down further and further to see it.
No it doesn’t. Even just in a very tall building, the horizon is slightly but visible "down". The relative scales just make it a very small difference.

3) The natural physics of water is to find and maintain its level. If Earth were a giant sphere tilted, wobbling and hurdling through infinite space then truly flat, consistently level surfaces would not exist here. But since Earth is in fact an extended flatplane, this fundamental physical property of fluids finding and remaining level is consistent with experience and common sense.
That isn’t the physics of water, it’s the physics of gravity acting on water (or any liquid). It’s drawn to the centre of gravity of the earth. This wouldn’t work on a flat earth as the centre of gravity would be at the a centre point of the disk.

4) Rivers run down to sea-level finding the easiest course, North, South, East, West and all other intermediary directions over the Earth at the same time. If Earth were truly a spinning ball then many of these rivers would be impossibly flowing uphill, for example the Mississippi in its 3000 miles would have to ascend 11 miles before reaching the Gulf of Mexico.

5) One portion of the Nile River flows for a thousand miles with a fall of only one foot. Parts of the West African Congo, according to the supposed inclination and movement of the ball-Earth, would be sometimes running uphill and sometimes down. This would also be the case for the Parana, Paraguay and other long rivers.

6) If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference as NASA and modern astronomy claim, spherical trigonometry dictates the surface of all standing water must curve downward an easily measurable 8 inches per mile multiplied by the square of the distance. This means along a 6 mile channel of standing water, the Earth would dip 6 feet on either end from the central peak. Every time such experiments have been conducted, however, standing water has proven to be perfectly level.

8) The Suez Canal connecting the Mediterranean with the Red Sea is 100 miles long without any locks making the water an uninterrupted continuation of the two seas. When constructed, the Earth’s supposed curvature was not taken into account, it was dug along a horizontal datum line 26 feet below sea-level, passing through several lakes from one sea to the other, with the datum line and water’s surface running perfectly parallel over the 100 miles.
These are all the same point reworded. Again, water is acting under gravity, flowing along routes taking them closer to the centre of the earth. The general curvature of the earth is irrelevant in relation to gravity, only variations on the surface matter.

7) Surveyors, engineers and architects are never required to factor the supposed curvature of the Earth into their projects. Canals, railways, bridges and tunnels for example are always cut and laid horizontally, often over hundreds of miles without any allowance for curvature.
Roads, railways, bridges and tunnels never run entirely straight, with all sorts of variations to account for. The curvature of the earth will be a relatively minimal difference and is all naturally taken in to account as they measure point to point.

9) Engineer, W. Winckler was published in the EarthReview regarding the Earth’s supposed curvature…
Who? Why is this individuals opinion of any great relevance?

10) The London and Northwestern Railway forms a straight line 180 miles long between London and Liverpool. The railroad’s highest point, midway at Birmingham station, is only 240 feet above sea-level. If the world were actually a globe, however, curving 8 inches per mile squared, the 180 mile stretch of rail would form an arc with the center point at Birmingham raising over a mile, a full 5,400 feet above London and Liverpool.
It will arc that much but it’s arcing around the curve of the earth. The difference between the 240 feet and 5400 feet is just point of reference.

11) A surveyor and engineer of thirty years published in the Birmingham Weekly Mercury stated…
Another random stranger who doesn’t understand how gravity works. The eight inches per mile (squared) in in reference to an arbitrary fixed plane at your starting point but travelling “up” is in reference to the (essentially) constant centre of gravity.

12) The Manchester Ship Canal Company published in the Earth Review stated, “It is customary in Railway and Canal constructions for all levels to be referred to a datum which is nominally horizontal and is so shown on all sections. It is not the practice in laying out Public Works to make allowances for the curvature of the earth.
But again, they implicitly take account of it regardless, within the general scope of variation and error.

13) In a 19th century French experiment by M. M. Biot and Arago a powerful lamp with good reflectors was placed on the summit of Desierto las Palmas in Spain and able to be seen all the way from Camprey on the Island of Iviza. Since the elevation of the two points were identical and the distance between covered nearly 100 miles, if Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, the light should have been more than 6600 feet, a mile and a quarter, below the line of sight!

14) The Lieutenant-Colonel Portlock experiment used oxy-hydrogen Drummond’s lights and heliostats to reflect the sun’s rays across stations set up across 108 miles of St. George’s Channel. If the Earth were actually a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Portlock’s light should have remained hidden under a mile and a half of curvature.
Not my area and gets a little complicated so you’ll need someone else to explain refraction to you.

15) If the Earth were truly a sphere 25,000 miles in circumference, airplane pilots would have to constantly correct their altitudes downwards so as to not fly straight off into “outer space;” a pilot wishing to simply maintain their altitude at a typical cruising speed of 500 mph, would have to constantly dip their nose downwards and descend 2,777 feet (over half a mile) every minute... Otherwise, without compensation, in one hour’s time the pilot would find themselves 31.5 miles higher than expected.
Gravity is the major factor again but pilots (or autopilots) are constantly adjusting attitude and heading anyway.

Tazarah

You were so embarrassed by you ignorant demand that you erased it. Luckily I quoted it. Go to post #48 and you will see your original demand. Don't accuse others of lying when it looks like you did so yourself.

What did I erase? LMAO! Whatever you quoted is still there. Stop with the games. I have proof of you lying and I just posted it.

1. I asked for evidence that proves evolution is real.

2. You said that proof of evolution occurs everytime a child is born.

3. Then I said to you that child birth is NOT proof of evolution.

4. Then you said “I never said that childbirth is proof of evolution”.

5. So then I say to you YES you did say that, and HERE is the screenshot of you saying it, and I posted it.

6. Now you are saying that I’m lying? What did I lie about. I didn’t delete anything. Anybody can go back and read the entire dialogue between us. Are you schizophrenic? Or is it just past your bedtime.

This is hilarious, this has to be some sort of joke.

7. And you STILL have not provided any legitimate evidence to substantiate the “theory” of evolution as being a fact

LOL.

Curious George

Veteran Member
It appears from his attitude that some of the belittlement is well earned. If he tried to learn a little math and the basics of science he could learn. But he has refused to even try to learn so far.
You are a geologist. You have had the experience of scientific study and have dedicated at least a significant part of your life to understanding the earth. While i greatly respect such an endeavor, I disagree that anyone deserves belittlement for such a belief.

He/she has come to their conclusion by challenging scientific authority and try to understand observations. Nothing this poster has written has given cause to assume that they are disingenuous in their endeavors. People speculate sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. It sounds like this poster has multiple questions. Many of which you could simply provide an explanation. Sure answering one or several may leave doubt. I cannot imagine that any person believing in a flat earth does not know that there are some sufficient scientific explanations for any given phenomenon.

While I would put money on the fact that there are numerous people who push flat earth the same as they have pushed Bronies and NPCs, there is a significant following that grabs on to these memes because they do not have any explanation for the questions and challenges posed.

Given your studies i am sure you can write a series of posts about how continental drift destroys flat earth, let alone fielding many of the answers to various questions posed by people who believe in a flat earth.

I would consider offering explanation or at least pointing people towards correct information until they have given you cause to believe they are a poe or a troll.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What did I erase? LMAO! Whatever you quoted is still there. Stop with the games. I have proof of you lying and I just posted it.

1. I asked for evidence that proves evolution is real.

2. You said that proof of evolution occurs everytime a child is born.

3. Then I said to you that child birth is NOT proof of evolution.

4. Then you said “I never said that childbirth is proof of evolution”.

5. So then I say to you YES you did say that, and HERE is the screenshot of you saying it, and I posted it.

6. Now you are saying that I’m lying? What did I lie about. I didn’t delete anything. Anybody can go back and read the entire dialogue between us. Are you schizophrenic? Or is it just past your bedtime.

This is hilarious, this has to be some sort of joke.

7. And you STILL have not provided any legitimate evidence to substantiate the “theory” of evolution as being a fact

LOL.
Nope, I can tell it is not there. Do you see the little arrow after the word "said"? I did not put that there. That comes the software of this site. It takes one back to the quoted post. If it does not work it tells us that the post was removed. Early on several of your posts disappeared. Are you saying that someone else removed them?

You asked for proof that evolution is possible. Read post 48. I ignored the rest of your post since it was wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now with the ad homs.

Where is the proof of evolution being possible? It’s a simple question.

Okay, when I screw up I will admit it. The post is still there. Perhaps I did not use my tablet correctly.

Here is where you demanded that I prove evolution possible. I did that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are a geologist. You have had the experience of scientific study and have dedicated at least a significant part of your life to understanding the earth. While i greatly respect such an endeavor, I disagree that anyone deserves belittlement for such a belief.

He/she has come to their conclusion by challenging scientific authority and try to understand observations. Nothing this poster has written has given cause to assume that they are disingenuous in their endeavors. People speculate sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. It sounds like this poster has multiple questions. Many of which you could simply provide an explanation. Sure answering one or several may leave doubt. I cannot imagine that any person believing in a flat earth does not know that there are some sufficient scientific explanations for any given phenomenon.

While I would put money on the fact that there are numerous people who push flat earth the same as they have pushed Bronies and NPCs, there is a significant following that grabs on to these memes because they do not have any explanation for the questions and challenges posed.

Given your studies i am sure you can write a series of posts about how continental drift destroys flat earth, let alone fielding many of the answers to various questions posed by people who believe in a flat earth.

I would consider offering explanation or at least pointing people towards correct information until they have given you cause to believe they are a poe or a troll.
He may really believe that lunacy. The problem is that he does not appear to understand even ninth grade physics, nor is he willing to try to learn.

Tazarah

Okay, when I screw up I will admit it. The post is still there. Perhaps I did not use my tablet correctly.

Here is where you demanded that I prove evolution possible. I did that.

When???? When did you prove it is possible.

You said child birth is proof of evolution.

Then I said that it’s NOT because it’s not.

Then you said “I never said that it was.”

So then where is the proof of evolution???

LOL

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When???? When did you prove it is possible.

You said child birth is proof of evolution.

Then I said that it’s NOT because it’s not.

Then you said “I never said that it was.”

So then where is the proof of evolution???

LOL
is your memory that poor? Did you forget already? Or did you just not understand? And no, I did not claim that childbirth is proof of evolution. I proved it was possible. You do not appear to understand the difference between the two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.