• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Homosexuals going to Hell?

pearl

The belief is though, that God always knew about it. Opinion about sexual freedom allowing people to declare themselves whatever gender they want and the ability to fornicate with trees or small animals becoming popular, doesn't invalidate God's plan, does it?

Believing, as I do, that the entity that we have named 'God' is an incomprehensible Mystery, do we even 'know' God's plan? I think not, that it remains mystery continuing to unfold.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
Why the creator of the entire universe would care what the sexual preferences of some apes on a little backwater world are, I do not grokk. Seems to me that this attitude to homosexuality is yet more proof of the subjective and fabricated nature of human Gods. Iron age misogynists projecting their probably entirely hypocritical distaste for homosexuals onto their plastic God, made in the image of what an ideal man should be, in their primitive subjective view.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe homosexuality is a sin. All sins must be repented for a person to avoid Hell. So my answer is that a homosexual will avoid hell by repenting the sin of homosexuality and by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God's good with all that, heck he's the dude who raped another man's 13 year old wife and had his own son put to death. I'd say anything goes with the Almighty!

I believe that qualifies as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I also believe you will go to Hell for it unless you repent and receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Vanakkam,

First of all : gay/trans/bisexual/whatever people don't all live carefree and hedonistic lifestyle. Few do many don't. Not different than any heterowhatever person.

Second: my God does not care what I do in my privacy and with who. My religion don't care either. So why should I ?

Aum Namah Shivaya

I beleive that means you religion is not as good as mine.

Bob the Unbeliever

I believe homosexuality is a sin. All sins must be repented for a person to avoid Hell. So my answer is that a homosexual will avoid hell by repenting the sin of homosexuality and by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Any being who created Infinite Torture (hell) Is Utterly Immoral.

There is no nice way to put that: you worship an Immoral, Torturing being.

Your belief system is akin to a Mafia Protection Racket: Pay Us $$ or We Will Hurt You.

Or in your system? Become a Mind-Slave Or Be Tortured Forever.

Extortion.

Bob the Unbeliever

Unlike your god? I would to my dead-level best to STOP a rape if I was aware of it happening, and was physically able to go do something about it. I would not be nice to the would-be rapist, either-- I'd go out of my way to figure out how to prevent him(her) from future rape attempts.

More? If I had the power to? I would eliminate all disease from all humans under the age of 12.

And just like THAT? I am more moral than the being you call "god".

Bob the Unbeliever

I believe that qualifies as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I also believe you will go to Hell for it unless you repent and receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Savior from....? What? Something your evil-god will do to me?

So I need saving from your own god, here?

That's pretty messed up.

As many homosexual men and women, as well as those who are transsexual, bisexual, have relations with animals and plants, it is entirely possible, even likely that many of them maintain a personal belief in God. They may even form a devout connection to their divine gods, though it may not necessarily involve the same acceptance or repugnance you feel at learning of such lifestyles.

How one conducts himself/herself in life would therefore follow some kind of path to salvation, whether it be an Abrahamic God, Hindu pantheon, Buddhist spirit, etc. It would follow for those believers who are not living gods, that the rules were designed by others and we can not rewrite them to suit our own subject experience of judgment of ourselves. Being good and chaste and procreating as we are told the god(s) of our faith want can and will clash against what many consider to be impure, disgusting, abominable and a sin against nature. While we hope and expect we have kind and merciless deities to at least partially absolve us when mental derangement is a mitigating factor, what is the effect upon our immortal souls and/or spiritual afterlife when we consciously make deviant choices that are offensive to the faiths?

1024x1024.jpg

He's with the angels now?

Please know that what one religion may consider foul and sin-worthy can be quite different than what another may consider tolerable. I am not looking for any rants explaining why one religion's worldview is superior to all others, or how unreasonable or immoral you may personally consider the habits of heathens to be. It's always complicated. Myself, I believe this is a question left up to God to judge who shall be rewarded with bliss and who is damned. To pass judgment on others for what happens in the afterlife, is to speak for God, and is a sin. But we can of course keep asking questions and try to live well, free from chaos.

Is it a sin to deny the sexual act that perpetuates the species, and instead live a life where sexual hedonism is openly embraced for pure enjoyment? And to what extent are the machinations of demons (if you believe in their influence) to be blamed or mitigated against?

Since there is no evidence to suggest that any gods exist I'd have to say that when people die, they die and rot. Mortality is a reality none of us will escape. It would be great if there were some magical amusement park in the sky I went to after I died forever, but I'm not delusional enough to believe in such things.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Those are simply the Facts . . . and I think your god should pay for all the Evil He has done

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
No, I don't believe so. My Church teaches that the sexual behavior is sinful but that the orientation is not. They can go to Confession and strive for celibacy. I'm not sure if I agree that it's a sin if it's in a loving, monogamous relationship but that's my opinion.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam

If it's that good and flawless why are you the one who seems to need to make it a contest ? Insecure much ?

I don't care and don't need to tell or prove others my religion is better than their. My religion is my business and I won't impose on others that aren't interested or don't care about it.
It's called respect. Otherwise known as the "don't be a dick" rule.

Look it up

Aum Namah Shivaya