• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently some Democrats don't think black people can think for themselves

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So, as a conservative, white male who is spiritual by nature, I can take it upon myself to speak on behalf of others race, nationality, religion, age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status to colour as well? I mean, if my intentions are good, why not?

Let me clue you in on something, Black people don't want you telling them how to live their life, I think they are perfectly able to do that for themselves.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Let me clue you in on something, Black people don't want you telling them how to live their life, I think they are perfectly able to do that for themselves.
That is the point of this thread. I was going to let it rest on your post, but I didn't want you to walk away with the wrong impression.

SeekerOnThePath

On a mountain between Nietzsche and Islam
Is it the place of anyone to speak for others, regardless of skin color? Do people of color need white people to tell them what is best for them?

I'm more concerned for white people, white americans that is, considering how many of them believe garbage like Qanon.

exchemist

Veteran Member
There we go again: "racist, racist racist"

Nothing defines a person's worth as when you call out their skin color...

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
--Joe Biden
I'm not sure what your point is here. Trump has repeatedly made racist dogwhistle remarks. He was at it just recently, trying to scare white suburbans into thinking a Democrat president would destroy the neighbourhood by letting in blacks. So yes, "racist, racist, racist", indeed.

I remind you it was you who started this thread about skin colour, not me. So all I am doing is responding to the skin colour issue that you raised.

I am not defining a person's worth by their skin colour: as a matter of fact I detest identity politics and consider it very damaging to social cohesion. But some people apparently do define a person's worth this way, seemingly encouraged to do so by the current president.

exchemist

Veteran Member
So, as a conservative, white male who is spiritual by nature, I can take it upon myself to speak on behalf of others race, nationality, religion, age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status to colour as well? I mean, if my intentions are good, why not?
Yes you can.

This happens all the time. A formal example is when a legislator proposes a bill concerning one of these issues, when he or she does not belong to the group concerned. Or, at an everyday level, it is not uncommon for me to find myself standing up for groups of which I am not a member, in discussions.

Of course, you will only have credibility if you can show that what you say is based on some understanding of the circumstances of the people you are representing.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Of course, you will only have credibility if you can show that what you say is based on some understanding of the circumstances of the people you are representing.
And when it comes down to slapping down a member of that group for disagreeing with your views?

Lyndon

Premium Member
How so? @Lyndon and I agree that people are perfectly capable to make their own choices, regardless of their skin color. Which is the whole point of this thread.

Sorry but you and I don't agree about anything but the weather, and I'm not even sure about that!! You're thread is racist.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And when it comes down to slapping down a member of that group for disagreeing with your views?
I don't think that situation has ever arisen, in my own case.

I think you are trying to milk Biden's remark to death. The fact is, as I have explained in an earlier post, most black Americans understood perfectly well what he was saying, as is shown by the polls since then.

What proportion of the black vote intends to go for Trump? Can you tell me that? 8% is it?

Do you think that shows black people are incensed that Biden was "slapping them down"?

Really?

What are you trying to prove here, and to whom?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Sorry but you and I don't agree about anything but the weather, and I'm not even sure about that!! You're thread is racist.
Well, please explain how my thread is racist? My argument is that people of color can think for themselves. If you disagree with that argument, please explain Why?

Lyndon

Premium Member
Well your fearless leader won't let blacks make their own decisions, He tells them how to vote, he tells them who's racist and who's not, as if he has any idea what they really want.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Well your fearless leader won't let blacks make their own decisions, He tells them how to vote, he tells them who's racist and who's not, as if he has any idea what they really want.
I think they want what everyone wants: Freedom, Peace and Prosperity. It's obvious that the Democrat Plantation isn't providing any of those things.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I think they want what everyone wants: Freedom, Peace and Prosperity. It's obvious that the Democrat Plantation isn't providing any of those things.

It's not so obvious to the vast majority of actual black people. Why do you think it is that so many of them disagree with you?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Is it the place of anyone to speak for others, regardless of skin color? Do people of color need white people to tell them what is best for them?..............]

I would like to see posted a list of ' black ' governed cities or even countries that are successful ________________________________________________