• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently some Democrats don't think black people can think for themselves

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
He wants to be the President of the United States. The problem is he deflects the questions and answers until after he is elected. What I find most concerning is that people will actually vote for him--grudgingly as it may be.

He is a Democrat, but he is not alone. He needs Congress and it is not settled how that will turn out. So consider him a generic Democrat, that will rule depending of the possibilities available to him.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
More like a reminder of Biden's biggest contribution in his long political career... 1994 Crime Bill

Indeed, Biden's endorsement of a conservative crime bill was one of the most foolish moves of his political career. Thankfully it appears he's learned from that conservative policy failure and is moving left.

Edit to add: Correction: He coauthored the bill, he did not just endorse it.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Meanwhile, since the OP is super duper concerned about black people speaking for themselves, let's see what they say when we ask them their political views, shall we?

upload_2020-10-25_13-19-8.png

1. Trends in party affiliation among demographic groups

And a recent Trump/Biden poll:

upload_2020-10-25_13-23-55.png

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/hxop5lpnlj/econTabReport.pdf

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Ever thought on reading their Party Platform? It's 91 pages long and it tells you what's their view of race issue and adjacent subjects like police reform, war on drugs, immigration refom, etc. They produce one every year. It takes about two hours to read through. The Republican Party, the Green and the Libertarian do the same thing. The Republican Party is about as long as that of the Democrats, but the two others tend to run a little shorter.
Wrong, The Republican party had no party platform this year other than whatever Trump says, I repeat there was no Republican party platform.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Is it the place of anyone to speak for others, regardless of skin color? Do people of color need white people to tell them what is best for them?
Hi...
I'm a Brit but can I answer anyway?
Anybody can speak for anybody else if it's about equality, or justice, or many other matters.

You can include race, nationality, religion, age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status to colour as well.
:)

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Hi...
I'm a Brit but can I answer anyway?
Anybody can speak for anybody else if it's about equality, or justice, or many other matters.

You can include race, nationality, religion, age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status to colour as well.
:)
So, as a conservative, white male who is spiritual by nature, I can take it upon myself to speak on behalf of others race, nationality, religion, age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status to colour as well? I mean, if my intentions are good, why not?

epronovost

Wrong, The Republican party had no party platform this year other than whatever Trump says, I repeat there was no Republican party platform.

You are right and that is very concerning since it doesn't allow to understand or expect any strategy or position on numerous issue. I wouldn't vote for a party that doesn't disclose its beliefs and political position if I were you. I would expect that the Republican Party could still refer to its platform of 2016 for example, but it's all that great.

Bird123

Is it the place of anyone to speak for others, regardless of skin color? Do people of color need white people to tell them what is best for them?

I have a white friend who always votes Republican regardless of who is running. I have been on my friends case about picking the best candidate rather than the political party. I get the feeling my friend always votes Republican so no thinking will ever be involved.

Thinking is very Important to life. It is something Everyone needs to do regardless of race. WE are all in this together. If everyone is Thinking, we will get the best candidate. Diversity and Diversity of views is a Strength. Let's be sure everyone is Thinking!!

Big money runs the USA. People spend hundreds of millions of dollars for advertising to become president for a 400,000 dollar a year salary. How is your Math everyone? Shouldn't a guy be going broke doing this?? Would this really be a smart person you would want running your country?? OK,OK, they all come out Rich in the end. How much of this Math equation goes unseen? Yes, darn near all of it.

I would love to see a working person become president. On the other hand, where would they get that much money to run?

That's what I see. It's very clear!!!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So, as a conservative, white male who is spiritual by nature, I can take it upon myself to speak on behalf of others race, nationality, religion, age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status to colour as well? I mean, if my intentions are good, why not?
Who cares about your sex, politics, colour or religious position? Just speak as a person, o would suggest.

Alright, say something, but make sure you're speaking for them and not yourself.

Can you do that? :)

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I would love to see a working person become president. On the other hand, where would they get that much money to run?
I believe a lot of politicians come from modest backgrounds. The sad thing is they retire rich. Clintons are a good example of such a story.

epronovost

I believe a lot of politicians come from modest backgrounds. The sad thing is they retire rich. Clintons are a good example of such a story.

It sort of make sense that top politicians, much like top administrators, should make very high salaries else why would your most talented organiser, administrators and speakers bother with politics at all leaving your governmental institution to be handled by lackluster people. What you don't want is political corruption and that means not making election dependent on heavy financial support by big donors or even allow the creation of big donors.