• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently some Democrats don't think black people can think for themselves

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
If you don't know, perhaps you should ask some of them? Since you are so concerned with them thinking for themselves, perhaps inquire with them and they'll explain it to you.
Unfortunately none are near, and since you appear to be the expert, I will ask you.

Quite obviously racism is still a problem, notwithstanding frequent conservative insistence that it isn't.
That's quite the statement. I wouldn't say racism doesn't exist, but I don't believe it is a threat as much as it is a divisive tool for race baiters and politicians.
480px-President_Barack_Obama.jpg

Democrats are not in exclusive control of what happens in the country.
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't most recent unrest taken place in Democrat held cities (communities)?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
If you don't know, perhaps you should ask some of them? Since you are so concerned with them thinking for themselves, perhaps inquire with them and they'll explain it to you. Quite obviously racism is still a problem, notwithstanding frequent conservative insistence that it isn't. Does the fact that racism is a problem prove something, in your mind? Again, Democrats are not in exclusive control of what happens in the country.

Trump came straight out and said that racism is not a problem in America and not a single black person believed him, that's why they're not voting for him. Democrats admit that racism is a big problem and say they will continue to strive to do something about it. Democrats means at least some action, Republicans mean no action or racism actually gets worse of a problem, its pretty clear who I'd vote for.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Well the KKK has come out in support of Trump so that should tell you something!!
It tells me you can't choose who publicly gives you their support. For all we know they secretly hate him and are working against him. I can't believe they think their support helps him in any way. :)

Lyndon

Premium Member
Trump caters to far right hate groups, he won't make any strong statements against them because he believes he needs their votes, probably half of his supporters are are racists, he pretty much owns the racist vote, his problem is he can't do anything to appeal to moderates, he strongest appeal is to right wing extremes, and gullible religious types.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Unfortunately none are near, and since you appear to be the expert, I will ask you.

What made you think I'm an expert?

That's quite the statement. I wouldn't say racism doesn't exist, but I don't believe it is a threat as much as it is a divisive tool for race baiters and politicians.

What's the relevance of the Obama picture?

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't most recent unrest taken place in Democrat held cities (communities)?

Sigh. 1) The "unrest" has been wildly exaggerated by rightwing media. The vast majority of the country's protests have been non-violent. This topic has been discussed here ad nauseum. 2) Most protests by black people have taken place in cities, because most black people live in cities. It would be rather bizarre for protests by black people to take place in areas where none of them live, wouldn't it? 3) The degree to which "Democrat held cities" are in fact, "held by Democrats," is rather more complex than Fox News and Breitbart would like to portray. I live in what you'd probably call a "Democrat held city," yet the County Sheriff and the District Attorney are both right-wingers. Law enforcement often attracts conservatives, even in "Democrat held cities." 4) I'm not an apologist for the Democratic Party per se. Democratic politicians are quite often less progressive than they campaign, or than they are portrayed by the Right. 5) Which progressive policies are black people protesting against in all this unrest you've heard about?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Trump caters to far right hate groups, he won't make any strong statements against them because he believes he needs their votes, probably half of his supporters are are racists, he pretty much owns the racist vote, his problem is he can't do anything to appeal to moderates, he strongest appeal is to right wing extremes, and gullible religious types.
Curious, who do you blame for the street violence these past months? Trump's fault?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
What made you think I'm an expert?
I assumed your participation here is motivated by your knowledge and understanding.

What's the relevance of the Obama picture?
Does it have any relevance to the conversation, in your opinion? Was Obama a racist?

Sigh. 1) The "unrest" has been wildly exaggerated by rightwing media. The vast majority of the country's protests have been non-violent. This topic has been discussed here ad nauseum.
I'm a supporter of peaceful protests, but that isn't what we have been seeing.

2) Most protests by black people have taken place in cities, because most black people live in cities. It would be rather bizarre for protests by black people to take place in areas where none of them live, wouldn't it?
Most rioting has taken place in Democrat cities. (agreed?)

3) The degree to which "Democrat held cities" are in fact, "held by Democrats," is rather more complex than Fox News and Breitbart would like to portray. I live in what you'd probably call a "Democrat held city," yet the County Sheriff and the District Attorney are both right-wingers.
Lucky you.

4) I'm not an apologist for the Democratic Party per se. Democratic politicians are quite often less progressive than they campaign, or than they are portrayed by the Right.
Maybe we can look at progressive politics at a later date.

5) Which progressive policies are black people protesting against in all this unrest you've heard about?
Well, that's why everyone is scratching their heads. These people live in the most liberal cities in the country, yet they are running wild and taking their cities apart. You tell me.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I assumed your participation here is motivated by your knowledge and understanding.

I have some knowledge and understanding, but that does not make me an expert.

Does it have any relevance to the conversation, in your opinion?

Not particularly. Thus why I asked you what it's relevance is. Care to answer?

Was Obama a racist?

Huh? o_O

I'm a supporter of peaceful protests, but that isn't what we have been seeing.

Where have you been looking?

Again, the vast majority of protests have been peaceful.

Most rioting has taken place in Democrat cities. (agreed?)

Most everything happens in cities. Because most people live in cities. Agreed?

Lucky you.

Not so much. They're the reason so many local black people are upset.

Well, that's why everyone is scratching their heads. These people live in the most liberal cities in the country, yet they are running wild and taking their cities apart. You tell me.

You keep not answering my questions. Why is that? Secondly, no, they are not "tearing their cities apart." Where do you live?

InChrist

Free4ever
Is it the place of anyone to speak for others, regardless of skin color? Do people of color need white people to tell them what is best for them?

Of course black people can think for themselves, but often leftist, democrat politicians don’t think so. They think they know better what black people need or should do. It’s not just blacks, either, the homeless, women and others have been targeted. They have definitely targeted blacks for many years, but it’s not really about race because liberals don’t look at individuals, they look at groups and how to use and manipulate them for votes or power. That’s why you hear politicians like Biden say to a black person, “ You ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”. Right now, many blacks are being called derogatory names because they reject Biden and his racism, instead choosing to support Trump whose polices have greatly benefited black communities, increased funding for black colleges, provided better educational opportunities for inner city students, and helped many blacks incarcerated for minor crimes be set free after years in prison.
Even some of the comments made in this thread reveal that some posters here don’t believe blacks can think too well if they support Trump because it just doesn’t fit the liberal narrative blacks are supposed to fall in line with. I find this attitude pretty arrogant, but it does appear to be quite prevalent.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I have some knowledge and understanding, but that does not make me an expert.
So you agree with me, you shouldn't be speaking on behalf of people of color.

Not particularly. Thus why I asked you what it's relevance is. Care to answer?
I thought a picture of a black president might make the thread more diverse.:)

Where have you been looking?
Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Richmond...

Most everything happens in cities. Because most people live in cities. Agreed?
Sure.

Not so much. They're the reason so many local black people are upset.
Have they allowed the rioting to linger for months?

You keep not answering my questions. Why is that? Secondly, no, they are not "tearing their cities apart." Where do you live?
They are. I live in the epicenter. We are losing businesses now because their owners see no point in sticking around. Windows are boarded up because of vandalism and looting. It's been a nightly even.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So you agree with me, you shouldn't be speaking on behalf of people of color.

Nor have I done so in this thread.

I thought a picture of a black president might make the thread more diverse.:)

So not actually relevant. Cool. :)

Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Richmond...

The vast majority of protesting in those places has been peaceful. Next?

Have they allowed the rioting to linger for months?

Have you kept beating your wife for months?

They are. I live in the epicenter. We are losing businesses now because their owners see no point in sticking around. Windows are boarded up because of vandalism and looting. It's been a nightly even.

Which city is "the epicenter," exactly? Quite a few businesses are closing, but because of a little pandemic thing going around, not because there is some Mad Max scenario happening with protestors.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
So not actually relevant. Cool.
Well, perhaps the apex of racism in America.
480px-President_Barack_Obama.jpg

The vast majority of protesting in those places has been peaceful. Next?
If that's your stand. Forgive me if I liken it to the CNN reporter standing in front of a burning building and claiming it a "Mostly peaceful protest,"

Have you kept beating your wife for months?
I haven't a wife. (next)

Quite a few businesses are closing, but because of a little pandemic
Is it typical for them to board up broken windows because of the pandemic?

Lyndon

Premium Member
Of course black people can think for themselves, but often leftist, democrat politicians don’t think so. They think they know better what black people need or should do. It’s not just blacks, either, the homeless, women and others have been targeted. They have definitely targeted blacks for many years, but it’s not really about race because liberals don’t look at individuals, they look at groups and how to use and manipulate them for votes or power. That’s why you hear politicians like Biden say to a black person, “ You ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”. Right now, many blacks are being called derogatory names because they reject Biden and his racism, instead choosing to support Trump whose polices have greatly benefited black communities, increased funding for black colleges, provided better educational opportunities for inner city students, and helped many blacks incarcerated for minor crimes be set free after years in prison.
Even some of the comments made in this thread reveal that some posters here don’t believe blacks can think too well if they support Trump because it just doesn’t fit the liberal narrative blacks are supposed to fall in line with. I find this attitude pretty arrogant, but it does appear to be quite prevalent.

Are you saying black people are stupid because they overwhelmingly support Democrats??, and don't believe the Presidents racist BS, as you seem to be saying you do.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, perhaps the apex of racism in America.
View attachment 44424

Electing a black person President was...the apex of racism in America?

Your perceptions of reality truly baffle me.

If that's your stand. Forgive me if I liken it to the CNN reporter standing in front of a burning building and claiming it a "Mostly peaceful protest,"

Not sure what evidence would convince you otherwise, if it didn't come out of a Fox News reporter's mouth. I've personally protested this year. I know other protestors. I've seen the way protests have been carried out across the country. A member here actually posted a scientific study showing that most of the protests are peaceful.

I haven't a wife. (next)

My city hasn't any riots. (next)

Is it typical for them to board up broken windows because of the pandemic?

How many businesses have been put out of business due to broken windows?