• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently some Democrats don't think black people can think for themselves

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yep, and like I said it's easy to sit there criticizing someone who is dealing with a historic pandemic event. The complexities of the scenario are difficult for everyone and the ball is going to be dropped periodically as the resources are lined up. There has been nothing like this, and there probably never will be again in our lifetimes. We're all still here... Most of us are still afloat... I guess that's all I can ask or expect.
We've seen many criticize Trump for not shutting down the economy.
But from that same side of the aisle, we also see claims that the
economy Trump "inherited" from Obama has declined. To advocate
shut-down while also criticizing Trump for Covid induced economic
loss is unreasonable.
But, while those shutdowns made a great deal of sense in the beginning as we were figuring out treatment protocols I don't think that we're in that situation anymore and the lockdowns are for purely political reasons and being used as a scare tactic. Your chance you'd recover from COVID now is nearly 100%, and it's not March anymore -- we have a good idea of what we're doing with it now.
By "recovery", I don't see near 100%. We don't yet know
how many people have "long haul" effects, eg, damaged
nervous systems, heart damage.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Neither the USA nor the UK have handled it well.
However Trump has spread lies about it, and his actions have done nothing to slow its spread.
Some other countries have done very much better, including some of trumps enemies.
Some are much further along the road to recovery.

Tambourine

Trump has condemned racism and white supremacy repeatedly.
He has also openly supported racism and white supremacy repeatedly. In fact, Donald Trump will very frequently make claims that are at odds, or even mutually exclusive, with things he said previously. That's just what he's like.

Milton Platt

Is it the place of anyone to speak for others, regardless of skin color? Do people of color need white people to tell them what is best for them?

You could have written the post to read
Apparently some people don't think black people can think for themselves
and you would have been more accurate and more inclusive.

InChrist

Free4ever
tenor.gif
Sorry kiddos, you were wrong then, and you are wrong again now.
We warned you about Chump in 2016 and before because he has a long history of racism stretching back decades.
Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020
Was Donald Trump Never Accused of Racism Before Running Against Democrats?

But you willfully ignored it in the last presidential election and foisted this piece of **** on our good country. Now we eliminate your mess.
5408125_1.jpg
VOTE HIM OUT!!

“President Trump’s black voter approval skyrockets to 46%

While the left continues to smear the president as a racist, more and more black Americans are shifting away from the Democratic party in support of President Trump’s policies and what he has done for the black community. “

President Trump's black voter approval skyrockets to 46% | Leo Terrell

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

Daemon Sophic

While the left continues to smear the president as a racist, more and more black Americans are shifting away from the Democratic party in support of President Trump’s policies and what he has done for the black community. “

Well goody goody. I guess its all in the bag then. Why don’t you relax and not vote then? You could go play a nice game of golf, as Trump sweeps into unquestioned power yet again.

InChrist

Free4ever
Well goody goody. I guess its all in the bag then. Why don’t you relax and not vote then? You could go play a nice game of golf, as Trump sweeps into unquestioned power yet again.
I don’t play golf.
To be honest, in the big scheme of things, my hope is not in Trump or any politician.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I can think of all the Worst leaders in History, all of them white, enough with the hyper racist BS.
I asked what cities today or even a country that is successful today (today) that is governed by blacks _________________
I did Not post that in a hyper-racist way, just want a list.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its a racist question, I see no point in answering but there are lots of cities governed by Blacks, USA had a black President very successfully governing

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Neither the USA nor the UK have handled it well.
However Trump has spread lies about it, ............

Terry....! How could you!
I listened to President Trump on telly, and he said that had done amazingly, brilliantly, tremendously, uniquely, fabulously, fantastically and astonishingly well.

And Terry........ he's 'umble, most 'umble. Fantastically 'umble.

So there.....!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I asked what cities today or even a country that is successful today (today) that is governed by blacks _________________
I did Not post that in a hyper-racist way, just want a list.

Can you think of a country that is being successfully led by anybody just now?
Apart from Russia, of course. That is coming up quite nicely just now.

..... just sayin' :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Question:-
Do you believe in fairies?
Or Goblins?
Elves maybe?

..... because if you believe your post........... oh dear.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Question:-
Do you believe in fairies?
Or Goblins?
Elves maybe?

..... because if you believe your post........... oh dear.

It seems that millions of people believe disinformation, outright lies and propaganda.
That is why the republicans spend so much on generating it.

If you do not have the truth on your side what else can you do?

Scammers make fortunes doing exactly the same thing.

in many instances they are the same people doing it.

You do not need to be ignorant and uneducated to fall for it...
But that helps.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Can you think of a country that is being successfully led by anybody just now?
Apart from Russia, of course. That is coming up quite nicely just now.

New Zealand, of course. And an actual democracy, of course.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
We've seen many criticize Trump for not shutting down the economy.
But from that same side of the aisle, we also see claims that the
economy Trump "inherited" from Obama has declined. To advocate
shut-down while also criticizing Trump for Covid induced economic
loss is unreasonable.

By "recovery", I don't see near 100%. We don't yet know
how many people have "long haul" effects, eg, damaged
nervous systems, heart damage.

A near total shut down everywhere at the same time for around three weeks is the least damaging and costly way to nip the virus in a fire break. The UK and the USA tried it too little and too late, and let it spread into the population.
Those countries that were ruthless in their shutdowns like New Zeeland. are already on the mend.
China is already running at economic level matching pre Covid. and is still having to isolate small outbreaks.

The UK is facing levels of infection matching the initial ones.
The USA has never had it under control.

It has not gone away, nor will it, any country that lets its guard down will be re-infected.

The massive extent of the American economic loss is down to Trump. his attempts at control have been pathetic.
the virus is now out of control as are the costs.

The long term costs to peoples health and the national wealth are unknowable, but they will be horrendous at a personal and national level. Trump has been in the drivers seat during the entire episode, he has failed to control the situation. the USA is in a worse position than most other countries. (the UK is in a similar boat captained by Johnson)

Trump blames China where the out break was first discovered.
However wherever it started or came from, Its control is inevitably down to individual nation leaders, and their actions.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It seems that millions of people believe disinformation, outright lies and propaganda.
That is why the republicans spend so much on generating it.

If you do not have the truth on your side what else can you do?

Scammers make fortunes doing exactly the same thing.

in many instances they are the same people doing it.

You do not need to be ignorant and uneducated to fall for it...
But that helps.
Too true.
People do tend to believe bad reports about people, as you know. But if people adore somebody they will believe any good report about them, which you also know.

Some here don't, though. :D

I used this very human factor in my work. If I wanted to observe a building in a busy town or city I needed a police reference number and a 'character' that people would believe. If I wore my gardening clothes and clutched a vodka bottle full of water, that was me, ignored by all. :p

But some folks just believe anything!