• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently some Democrats don't think black people can think for themselves

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand. Are you suggesting they enjoy the opposite? Prison, Chaos, and Poverty?

No obviously not. I'm saying they don't agree with you that the Republican Party better represents the values you mentioned at first than the Democratic Party. The vast majority of them believe the Democratic Party represents their values and interests better than the GOP.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I would like to see posted a list of ' black ' governed cities or even countries that are successful ________________________________________________
There is usually a trail of corruption in the wake of Democrat Cities such as Detroit, but if you look at Black Conservatives and Black Entrepreneurs you see a lot to envy.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Still looking for an explanation why you believe this thread is racist. o_O

Because you started by posting a racist right wing Trump propaganda video, it may be news to you but black people don't like Trump, they think he's very racist, they think he lies all the time and doesn't have their best interest in mind, taking super rich black conservatives and acting like they are the voice of the black people is just plain racist, and totally lacking in understanding of the systemic racism that faces blacks in every aspect of their existence, sure you might find some stupid millionaire rap star that only cares about lowering his taxes, but real black people are worried about how they're going to function in a society that discriminates against them at every step they take. If you paid attention to Martin Luther King instead of Candice Owens, Kanye West, and Donald Trump you might have some idea what I'm talking about, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Lyndon

Premium Member
I would like to see posted a list of ' black ' governed cities or even countries that are successful ________________________________________________
I can think of all the Worst leaders in History, all of them white, enough with the hyper racist BS.

Lyndon

Premium Member
trumps father was a Klan member, he was arrested for demonstrating with the Klan.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
And how has that worked for them since the Democrats were forced to give up slavery, the KKK and Jim Crow?

History

Democrats pre-Civil Rights Era were social conservatives. Thank you for the repeated reminder that conservative policy is embarrassing and should not be repeated.

You'll note that the shift of black voters toward the Democrats followed the Democrats' embrace of social liberalism. At the exact time when white Southern conservatives were flocking to the GOP. Hmmm....

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, and how have the Democrats served their constituents since? Is racism still a problem?:)

Your question simplistically assumes that the state of the country is solely a function of what Democrats have or haven't done. Obviously, that assumption is laughably silly. :)

Why do you think it is that black people so overwhelmingly prefer Democratic values and policies over Republican ones?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. Maybe you would like to explain it to them. Again, is racism still a problem?

If you don't know, perhaps you should ask some of them? Since you are so concerned with them thinking for themselves, perhaps inquire with them and they'll explain it to you. Quite obviously racism is still a problem, notwithstanding frequent conservative insistence that it isn't. Does the fact that racism is a problem prove something, in your mind? Again, Democrats are not in exclusive control of what happens in the country.

tytlyf

Not Religious
And how has that worked for them since the Democrats were forced to give up slavery, the KKK and Jim Crow?
The Confederate Southern Demokkkrats were conservatives, racists, kkk, etc.
I bet you thought the south was liberal in 1860? Probably watched that Dinesh propaganda flick.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Okay, and how have the Democrats served their constituents since? Is racism still a problem?:)

All the major strides in Civil Rights legislation and rights for Black citizens have been under Democratic governments, Lyndon Johnson gave black the right to vote etc etc