• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AOC and All Other Members of the "Squad" Have Been Re-Elected to Congress

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
Lol, you're on the internet, you can find out how to make a bomb very quickly.

Assuming you want to blow something up besides yourself, not as quickly as you would think.

An EOD friend of mine once told me, "Making something blow up is easy -- so easy, in fact, that we install safeguards in things to make sure they don't blow up. The talent is in making something blow up when and where you want it to.

It doesn't take intelligence, and you don't even have to pass a background check. Nothing is secret or inaccessible knowledge anymore.

You probably shouldn't believe everything you see on the Internet... and bomb construction is one of those things you really need to get right the first time.

Guns are overwhelmingly used for self-defense and by law enforcement.

Against -- (drum roll, please...) people with guns.

The most common use of a firearm is for protection and defense... against other firearms.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lol, you're on the internet, you can find out how to make a bomb very quickly. It doesn't take intelligence, and you don't even have to pass a background check. Nothing is secret or inaccessible knowledge anymore.

Guns are overwhelmingly used for self-defense and by law enforcement.
Being able to find directions and following them are two different things. It also takes a bit of effort. That is why so many yahoos use guns. Limit the availability to get guns and do you think that those people will suddenly become competent?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lol, you're on the internet, you can find out how to make a bomb very quickly. It doesn't take intelligence, and you don't even have to pass a background check. Nothing is secret or inaccessible knowledge anymore.
Yeah, I don't recommend doing that. A lot of people end up blowing themselves and getting hurt or killed. I mean, the first edition of Fight Club tells you how to do it, but it's not that easy. The Anarchist Cookbook tells you how to do it but it's not that easy.
Or, making meth is easy. Those making it in real labs, however, using real equipment and making it real/prescription uses are safe, but when it's made in other conditions is when toxic waste amd the risk of fire become real concerns.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Yeah, I don't recommend doing that. A lot of people end up blowing themselves and getting hurt or killed. I mean, the first edition of Fight Club tells you how to do it, but it's not that easy. The Anarchist Cookbook tells you how to do it but it's not that easy.
Or, making meth is easy. Those making it in real labs, however, using real equipment and making it real/prescription uses are safe, but when it's made in other conditions is when toxic waste amd the risk of fire become real concerns.
I didn't say I recommend it but it's no harder than learning to use a gun for sure.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Being able to find directions and following them are two different things. It also takes a bit of effort. That is why so many yahoos use guns. Limit the availability to get guns and do you think that those people will suddenly become competent?
Using a gun well isn't that easy to learn. Anyone can spray and pray but there's a reason we have weapons training in the military.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Assuming you want to blow something up besides yourself, not as quickly as you would think.

An EOD friend of mine once told me, "Making something blow up is easy -- so easy, in fact, that we install safeguards in things to make sure they don't blow up. The talent is in making something blow up when and where you want it to.

You probably shouldn't believe everything you see on the Internet... and bomb construction is one of those things you really need to get right the first time.

Against -- (drum roll, please...) people with guns.

The most common use of a firearm is for protection and defense... against other firearms.
And that's because ( drum roll, please) criminals don't follow gun laws.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Using a gun well isn't that easy to learn. Anyone can spray and pray but there's a reason we have weapons training in the military.
Sorry, but pray and spray is exactly the method used by many mass killers. They go to areas with a high number of unarmed people. If they miss one they will hit the person next to them.

Yes either the military or hunting will teach you that pray and spray does not work that often. But we are not dealing with the wild where one has to find one's prey and then get off the one shot. Or on the battlefield where there are more targets, but they still tend to be widely separated. A schoolroom is one of the few areas where pray and spray is very effective.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Sorry, but pray and spray is exactly the method used by many mass killers. They go to areas with a high number of unarmed people. If they miss one they will hit the person next to them.

Yes either the military or hunting will teach you that pray and spray does not work that often. But we are not dealing with the wild where one has to find one's prey and then get off the one shot. Or on the battlefield where there are more targets, but they still tend to be widely separated. A schoolroom is one of the few areas where pray and spray is very effective.
It only takes one person who can aim to take out the mass shooter....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It only takes one person who can aim to take out the mass shooter....
Very few people carry arms with them at all times. The lone shooter hero occurs very very rarely. instead of laughing and displaying utter ignorance you should be fact checking yourself. Gun laws work on a national level. i can show you country after country where they have done the job.

TLK Valentine

We've had hundreds of mass shootings in the country this year alone. I would say that "spray and pray" was the go-to strategy for nearly all of them, but the praying part seems unnecessary. Who needs a god when you've got Samuel Colt?

TLK Valentine

And that's because ( drum roll, please) criminals don't follow gun laws.

A poor argument for not having any such laws.

Thanks to organizations like the GOP and the NRA, getting around the few that do exist takes almost as little brainpower as shooting up a school.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We've had hundreds of mass shootings in the country this year alone. I would say that "spray and pray" was the go-to strategy for nearly all of them, but the praying part seems unnecessary. Who needs a god when you've got Samuel Colt?
Sometimes I wonder,. It seems that he knows that it would be worse if a trained gunman did the same crime. Does that somehow lessen the evil of those that do mass shootings? And as we all know mass shooting being stopped by an armed civilian is the very rare exception.

Some people simply cannot reason rationally when the love of their life is in trouble.

Shaul

Premium Member
There is speculation that Nancy Pelosi will step down and the Hakeem Jeffries will become the Democrat minority leader in the House. He has been critical of the Squad.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
:)