• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AOC and All Other Members of the "Squad" Have Been Re-Elected to Congress

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
All members of the "Squad" have been re-elected to Congress:

AOC, other 'Squad' members win landslide victories in 2022 elections

With Democrats managing to avert a "red wave" and outperforming expectations—even though they're expectedly en route to losing at least one chamber of Congress—the re-election of multiple high-profile progressives is a substantial victory.

I have great respect for all of the women in the "Squad," especially AOC and Ilhan Omar. This is great news.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
All members of the "Squad" have been re-elected to Congress:

AOC, other 'Squad' members win landslide victories in 2022 elections

With Democrats managing to avert a "red wave" and outperforming expectations—even though they're expectedly en route to losing at least one chamber of Congress—the re-election of multiple high-profile progressives is a substantial victory.

I have great respect for all of the women in the "Squad," especially AOC and Ilhan Omar. This is great news.
Good. More comedy material with the ditzy broads.

Twilight Hue

"Broads"? Do you think that's an appropriate way to refer to women, much less highly educated ones working for your country?

There's a lot of comedy material in American politics. I'm sure these women will be fine.
Shes a dumb ditzy broad.

What else am I gonna say?

Not surprised in the least.

It's The People's Republic of New York after all. They only serve themselves.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Shes a dumb ditzy broad.

What else am I gonna say?

Not surprised. It's The People's Republic of New York after all.

It's not just New York that elected progressives. Either way, one of them is your state's representative for at least four more years, so I'm sure you and many of her critics will find a way to live with her re-election in the meantime.

Twilight Hue

Given the anti-freedom right wing clown car, mirrors should be looked into.
Hardly.

Especially in the state with the least personal and economic freedom in the entire freaking country. Cept maybe CA. It's a neck in neck race there.

Twilight Hue

It's not just New York that elected progressives. Either way, one of them is your state's representative for at least four more years, so I'm sure you and many of her critics will find a way to live with her re-election in the meantime.

Like I said. A lot of comedy lies ahead. 4 years worth.

Twilight Hue

I really have to wonder where the expectations of a "red wave" were coming from. Things have gone about as I expected so far.
All I care about is the house and senate.

All it takes is one vote to win.

No wave required , albiet it was great fun ra ra ing about it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I really have to wonder where the expectations of a "red wave" were coming from. Things have gone about as I expected so far.

Biden's abysmal approval rating and his win largely on the premise of being the lesser evil seem to have played a part in creating that expectation. Trump also saw landslide Democratic gains in Congress back in 2018.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Two .more years. Representatives are always campaigning as a result.